1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. barocka
    I bought dark gray. But treble sounds shone, the sound is no longer bodily. I like sound of white/silver.

2. hydroid
    It has been done and shared by @Slater few pages back I guess (thanks to him).. I've done both the as shown in the photos.. foams on the BA driver's nozzle and the shell's nozzle as well just behind the cover mesh.. Yes, it's reversible if you don't like the sound quality after the mod. My ZST sounded great after this. Highs are tamed, no nasty sibilance and details/sparkles are maintained after the PIC #1 mod. It's trial and error though depending on the size of the foam you will use to cover the BA nozzle. 1mm by 1mm pinch size foam was perfect for my taste. Bigger than that size sounds muffled/veiled. Then, bass quantity increase but not overwhelming. I can hear some rumble of the subbass (not as deep as my Ibasso IT01 though) and still has the crisp midbass after the PIC #2 mod.

zst.jpg
    foam_mod_-_Edited.jpg
    mine1.jpg

Infected Mushroom likes this.
  3. nadezhda 6004
    skajohyros said:
    Close to perfect for me would be zs6 bass and mids, more balanced highs and the phenomenal soundstage of the zs5.
    That sounds VERY tempting. Could anybody compare ZS5, 6 and ZSR in details?
    BTW, I received Ostry KC06A yesterday. They are twice as much as ZS6 but I wouldn't say they sound better. Will play with different tips, though, as I am expecting different sizes of spinfit and Comply tips. May be that will help Ostry to sound better. I've read so many positive reviews on Ostry and it's a frustration now to hear no difference.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  4. Infected Mushroom
    Thank you for the pics and explanations. I've already put foam in the BA as per Slater's great post, but I haven't seen the other suggestion before. I'll try it. Thanks again!

hydroid likes this.
  5. hydroid
    enjoy modding :wink:

Infected Mushroom likes this.
  6. Podster
    Dam, I hate to hear that but I thought I'd read in a few other post that they turned:frowning2: By the way I really like the ZSR in black, reminds me of the ATR black:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have that yellow cable but I hear it will turn almost black when it tarns:open_mouth:

DocHoliday likes this.
  7. HiFiChris Contributor
    Less than an hour ago, I had some thoughts - what if the people at KZ applied the ZS6's harsh and overdone upper treble spike on purpose? It's only strident on a source with close to 0 Ohm output impedance, but due to the in-ear's impedance characteristic, it gets reduced as the output impedance climbs. Most casual listeners don't (intentionally) use high-end gear (DAPs, Amps, smartphones) with very low output impedance but smartphones or laptops with a typically rather high output resistance. So they probably did that on purpose, since adding in-line resistors (that would reduce the nasty spike) wouldn't have been a problem.

CoiL, Slater, hakuzen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Limjialok
    hi, I do follow this thread but didn't talk.
    I was intro to kz by ATE but I got annoyed by the memory wire and kept it inside my storeroom and lost it.
    later on, I went to buy a ZS3 and pretty enjoyed the sound and everything, a few days ago, I received my ZSE and it sounds way better than my zs3 and I kept using it since.cos zs3 seems to be quite bass heavy even after slenter mod(removing red screen+foam) and I looking for a new kz along my ZSE.
    recently I saw ZSR at $19.90 and I got curious abt the sound. ZS5(18.90),ZS6(26.90) and ZSR919.90) looks like a good choice for my next kz, any suggestion?
    I listen to mainly voice sounds instead of those rock musics. oh ya, is there a way to make my Bluetooth kit for zs3 work with zsr? if I happen to buy it

9. B9Scrambler
    That would mean KZ puts thought into their products. There's no way that could be a thing. I thought the general consensus was they just shoved generic drivers into stolen housings with not a care in the world and called it a day? :kissing:

(I'm in a facetious mood today btw :poop:)

10. HiFiChris Contributor

:laughing: :alien:
    :running_shirt_with_sash: :necktie:
    :jeans: :jeans::briefcase:

11. maxxevv
    The BT kit is interchangeable. It will plug right into the ZSR. The only issue being whether you'll be comfortable with the strightend cable relief of the ZS3 on the ZSR, which is designed to fit a bend cable end.

12. Podster
    What Chris said or at least displayed:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (I feel like I'm playing Concentration) :rolling_eyes:

Welcome aboard @infected:beerchug:

13. DocHoliday

Yeah, I think the black ZSR is the most elegant of the bunch. I knew everyone would get the green, but I'm waiting for KZ to release the white ones. If the ZSR sounds better than my ES3 then I'll be getting all four colors.

Thanks for the heads up on that yellow cable. I think I'll pick up this.one instead.

Screenshot_2018-02-06-07-42-36.png

Listening to my ES3 and that bass just slams with good mids. Check it...

14. Podster
    That is a bad boy cable, use it on my Mee PX's and luv it:thumbsup:

Nutter MeeXP1.JPG

Pretty sure it's the same cable just different connectors:wink:

DocHoliday likes this.
  15. DocHoliday

No greenish hue. How long have you had it?

Another one I'm interested in is this one.

Screenshot_2018-02-06-08-50-56.png