Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 17, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #30,811 of 63,896
I just got my ZS10 today. My first impression: it's probably the best earphone I've ever heard.

And I have had a lot. My favorite had been the ZS5 (more than the ZS6, which I find harsh at the high end). Better than my OneMore Triple, Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro, FiiO EX-1, Shures, Klipsch, and many others I've paid a lot more for.

The most immediately noticeable difference compared to the ZS5 is the midrange. The ZS5's weakest area (as much as I love it) is the midrange. The ZS10 remedies that, with a better midrange and overall fuller sound. I'm looking forward to many hours with the ZS10.
After 30 mins of listening to my ZS10 I totally agree with you. Hell this ZS10 is a true winner legit not even kidding. And if anyone is thinking I'm trying to hype the ZS10, hell yea I'm hyping it right now cause its that good. Its seriously on the level of my Sony xba n3 and nicehck hk6 and its going to be in my weekly routine.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #30,813 of 63,896
20180417_110032.jpg 20180417_112444.jpg Hello ED15! Going to give them a listen at lunch.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #30,814 of 63,896
I tried reversing the ZS10 cable and it still doesnt seem to sound correct. (Meaning i put the left cable on the left earphone but in the reverse way). It seems I'll stick to my ZST cables and hopefully exchange my faulty one for from Nicehck

At least it was just a bad cable and not the ZS10 internal wiring.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #30,815 of 63,896
Received my ZS10 today. First impressions tonality and sound wise they really do sound good. Wide stage, slightly dark sound but treble is still clean and can be heard perfectly well with a thumpy tight bass. I think this is KZ's best attempt at vocals to date, no sibilance or unnecessary peaks unlike the ZSR but to me the vocals are still too thin. All good so far until the sound stage. Its so messed up.. The staging and instrument placement don't even sound right at all like what the hell? The bass kick drums sound as if its in my head and behind me and the vocalist also sound inside my head while the instruments are out of my head..? I really want to believe my unit has a internal wiring issue tbh but I don't think it is.. And yes i know how to put the cables polarity correctly. Its the same feeling I had with the ZS5V1 staging issue.. Can anyone confirm if their ZS10 have such vocal and instrument placement issues?

Edit: Btw fit was good for me, no sharp edges hitting my ear and it stays put in my ear even when i move my head about

EDIT 2: WHAT IT WAS THE CABLES THAT HAD POLARITY REVERSED, JUST TRIED MY ZST CABLE AND IT WORKED WOW
I guess all readers here had a big phat PHEW after edit 2.

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #30,817 of 63,896
Very brief impressions of ED15 as only had a quick 30 min listen direct from s8.

There is no piercing treble which seems like a new feature of KZ hybrids and no sibilence that i can detect.

Bass is very north of neutral and extends down deep. It seems a little loose with some mid bass bleed at the moment but this may change.

Mids and treble seem balanced and I would describe them as L shaped.

Female vocals sound nice.

Will have a good listen with my xduuo x3 tonight.

They are really heavy and the cable is fantastic especially for the price.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #30,819 of 63,896
KZ ZS10 is in the house!!
IMG_20180417_190826.jpg

Looks really nice, but the workmanship could be better. The BAs on the ride side is a little bit slanted.
IMG_20180417_191158.jpg

I straight away switched to foam tips and tried it on with the upgrade cable. The foam tips is a little bit longer than the stock tips so it provides a good seal, no problem. Surprisingly the iems are not as huge as I thought, and due to the gentler contours, it's a much comfortable fit compared to my zs6. In fact, it's a very comfortable fit so far. The right side did exhibit a bit of a driver flex but hopefully it won't be a huge issue.

Now sound wise, it's pretty damn impressive to me. Comparing to my modified zs6 (slater's washer mod and ba mod), it has a very similar sound signature right out of the box. My zs6 has a little bit more punchier bass however. Hopefully the zs10 bass would improve after a few hours of burn in . Speaking of bass, it's definitely there. Even the sub bass rumble is strong. I'm not familiar with terms like "treble roll off" so I can't be of a huge help here, but all I can say is I'm really satisfied with it, so far. Listening to Low by Mura Masa kinda hurt my ears with the zs6 even after the mod, but not so much with the zs10. Not much of a difference in terms of soundstage. Separation is a little better. Female vocals (AURORA) sounds good to me, although I'm sure there are iems that sounds better.

Overall, it's a winner to me. Granted, I'm not an extreme audiophile by any means. My past/current iems include Carbo Basso, KZ ZS6, Tennmak Pro, Alpha and Delta AD01 (all of them leans towards being bass heavy). With such a similar sound signature to my modified zs6, I do feel like I'm wasting my money a little bit. But the tame trebles makes me feel a little better bout my purchase hahaha. The zs10 will definitely be my main driver for now. One day I may do the washer mod just for kicks. The nozzle diameter is a little bit smaller than the zs6 so the washer can't be inserted in but it does sit flushed on top.

Audio source: LG V30 with the hifi DAC enabled, Lenovo Y50 laptop.

Edit: On a second listen to both my zs6 and the zs10, the zs10 has way better mids to me.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #30,820 of 63,896
I just got my ZS10 today. My first impression: it's probably the best earphone I've ever heard.

And I have had a lot. My favorite had been the ZS5 (more than the ZS6, which I find harsh at the high end). Better than my OneMore Triple, Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro, FiiO EX-1, Shures, Klipsch, and many others I've paid a lot more for.

The most immediately noticeable difference compared to the ZS5 is the midrange. The ZS5's weakest area (as much as I love it) is the midrange. The ZS10 remedies that, with a better midrange and overall fuller sound. I'm looking forward to many hours with the ZS10.

Zs5 v1 or V2?

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #30,822 of 63,896
Can you
KZ ZS10 is in the house!!

Looks really nice, but the workmanship could be better. The BAs on the ride side is a little bit slanted.

I straight away switched to foam tips and tried it on with the upgrade cable. The foam tips is a little bit longer than the stock tips so it provides a good seal, no problem. Surprisingly the iems are not as huge as I thought, and due to the gentler contours, it's a much comfortable fit compared to my zs6. In fact, it's a very comfortable fit so far. The right side did exhibit a bit of a driver flex but hopefully it won't be a huge issue.

Now sound wise, it's pretty damn impressive to me. Comparing to my modified zs6 (slater's washer mod and ba mod), it has a very similar sound signature right out of the box. My zs6 has a little bit more punchier bass however. Hopefully the zs10 bass would improve after a few hours of burn in . Speaking of bass, it's definitely there. Even the sub bass rumble is strong. I'm not familiar with terms like "treble roll off" so I can't be of a huge help here, but all I can say is I'm really satisfied with it, so far. Listening to Low by Mura Masa kinda hurt my ears with the zs6 even after the mod, but not so much with the zs10. Not much of a difference in terms of soundstage. Separation is a little better. Female vocals (AURORA) sounds good to me, although I'm sure there are iems that sounds better.

Overall, it's a winner to me. Granted, I'm not an extreme audiophile by any means. My past/current iems include Carbo Basso, KZ ZS6, Tennmak Pro, Alpha and Delta AD01 (all of them leans towards being bass heavy). With such a similar sound signature to my modified zs6, I do feel like I'm wasting my money a little bit. But the tame trebles makes me feel a little better bout my purchase hahaha. The zs10 will definitely be my main driver for now. One day I may do the washer mod just for kicks. The nozzle diameter is a little bit smaller than the zs6 so the washer can't be inserted in but it does sit flushed on top.

Audio source: LG V30 with the hifi DAC enabled, Lenovo Y50 laptop.

Edit: On a second listen to both my zs6 and the zs10, the zs10 has way better mids to me.
Help me compare with tenmmak pro?

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #30,823 of 63,896
Cant wait!! Really excited for this one. Mine has been having shipping issues :frowning2:
Me as well but I have been messaged to have patience even though the second tracking number is not recognized either

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #30,825 of 63,896

Users who are viewing this thread

Back