Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 5, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #30,106 of 63,884
The only tips i've found big enough for me are the pretty expensive Spiral Dots mentioned by bsoplinger above, and these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Noise-Isolating-Silicone-Earphone-Earbud-Tip-In-Ear-Cover-100-Pcs/162959127774?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
Rather cheap at £4.36 for 50 pairs, and these work better on my ZS5's than the Spiral Dots do.

I feel your pain. Every silicone tip I use won't seal and/or just falls out of my ears, especially on the relatively heavy ZS6.

On most IEMs I've tried the only thing that works is foams, most of the time turned around backwards on the nozzle to get enough diameter to make a good seal.

If you do find anything, report that treasure back here, please. TIA!

I know @oyobass turns his tips around backwards, but I was wondering if you guys have ever tried either of these methods? They may work out for you.

Method #1 using large silicone eartips:

Method #2 for foam tips (look at the 3rd from last photo and see how much larger the foam tips got when side by side with the unmodified one):

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #30,107 of 63,884
I second that Lucky You and it was an amicable trade:beerchug: Still have my gray 5v1 and will be holding onto this pair, backups are important as I just re-ordered a new Gray Benjie S5 and ZS6's in red since I gave my old ones to a close friend back in Texas a few weeks back.

Glad these Blue Babies have a new (and loving) home:)

Can't wait to get these back in the house and rotation:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Slater I've not done any Mod's to my U2 Pod, keep it pristine in my Yo-Tank:wink:

I second that Lucky You and it was an amicable trade:beerchug:

I agree. It's always best when it's a good deal for both parties involved. I think trading something that may not get much use for something that will get lots of use is the best type of trade. I miss the Urbanfun Hybrids but I knew that I would pick the BossHiFi B3 over them when given the choice so there was no point in me holding onto them. I could purchase another set of Urbanfuns but I prefer the BossHiFi so the Urbanfun's, which to me score pretty high for a 1+1 hybrid, still wouldn't get as much use as they should. Glad you're enjoying them.

The gently used but newly arrived ZS5(i) are in perfect condition and sound great, so a million thanks are in order. Currently trying to find a worthy cable to complement their gray housings.

By the way how would you describe the Urbanfuns and how would you rate them?

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #30,108 of 63,884
Do you have any trick to remove the left/right tags from ZS3? I've tried using alcohol isopropyl and acetone but neither of them could remove it. I remember the ZST was really easy to remove it using isopropyl though.

I Used a sandpaper nail file to erase the letters and then soft grain sandpaper sheets (8000/12000 grade) to polish them. Did the same with my ZSTs and they look so much better.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #30,109 of 63,884

I Used a sandpaper nail file to erase the letters and then soft grain sandpaper sheets (8000/12000 grade) to polish them. Did the same with my ZSTs and they look so much better.

Thank you, wow they look really good! I did that with my ZST too some time ago:

lggXbc8.jpg

Although I was trying to avoid sanding the KZ ZS3 down but I will do that later!

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #30,110 of 63,884
As to large tips, I have always used these: https://goo.gl/Yo8gKB
They go pretty deep into the ear and hence hold in well.

Great quality, too!

As to sanding down earphones...and I thought only I was whacky! I used to use an angle grinder and then polish them with beer and tzaziki.

tips.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #30,111 of 63,884
As to large tips, I have always used these: https://goo.gl/Yo8gKB
They go pretty deep into the ear and hence hold in well.

Great quality, too!

As to sanding down earphones...and I thought only I was whacky!

This guy gets the gold star for effort for sanding down the ZS5 shells:

sanded down.jpg

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #30,118 of 63,884
With the spate of logo removed pics…

Has anyone had success with the ZSR?
There should be at least someone who hasn’t LEFT the text on there RIGHT?

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #30,120 of 63,884
My TRN 2Pin Bluetooth 4.1 Cable arrived yesterday, and I paired it with my ZS6. Didn't really have a use for Aptx and bought this one for about 16 EUR in the Aliexpress sale. First impressions are positive. Watched a summary of Europa League football, streamed some Spotify music and listened to some podcasts and it all worked flawlessly, I had two short stutters while cycling just now, but besides that it works well and it's nice and light. Am interested to see whether the two-pin-plugs of the BT cable will last since they feel a bit less protected than those of the KZ cables.

I've been struggling to get the remote to work as advertised with my iPhone though. The volume button works flawlessly but when I press the multifunction button in the middle, instead of pausing the music, the remote will immediately order the phone to call the last-dialed number, which meant my parents got several "prank" phone calls this morning. The ZS6 remote cable had a habit of conjuring up Siri instead of pausing the music (which was okay I guess) but this is a bit more annoying, since I can't get the middle button to do anything else. Everything is interpreted as a long press which means "dial last phone number." This is minor annoyance though, which will go away once I've learnt to use that remote for nothing but volume changes. It's the single flaw I can discover so far in a very nice product, and considering the price I paid for it, I'll live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back