Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #23,821 of 64,394
Well...Before the Beats headphone craze, most people used $10 earbuds anyway. Remember the JVC gummies?

Also, the Koss KSC 75 are usually under $15 and they've been around for a really, really long time.

I sure do, I'm in my 30s and I've always loved headphones. You know what the funny thing was about those $10 earbuds? They sounded like complete and utter ass.

Oct 21, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #23,827 of 64,394
The green version from this massdrop looks a lot like the one in your pic. Or maybe I'm just colourblind. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kz-zs6-iems
Lol i couldn't believe myself that massdrop have it. There's still green from most sellers anyway, just like the case when ZS5 V2 is out and yet many sellers still ship ZS5 V1 + i believe green wasn't popular so even if it's discontinued, there'll still be plentiful available.

Anyway, just checked some of those Taobao store and apparently Grey is already available for purchased. If anyone's interested to buy from Taobao there you can get grey.

Oct 21, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #23,829 of 64,394
Oct 21, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #23,831 of 64,394
So I listened to the KZ ATE for hours today using the small silicone tips that came in the box and my Zuk Z2 phone.

Well, the treble is just as grainy and sibilant as upon the first listen. But my brain got used to the recessed vocals. So it's improving for me, I guess.

It's especially unbearable listening to the Oasis song titled "Roll with it".

FYI, I ordered the ATE from Banggood.com last month. So I'm assuming it's a recent production run.

I can't wait for the ZSE and ZS5 to arrive!

Meanwhile, I have to work all day outside with my ATE :xf_mad:

Oct 21, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #23,833 of 64,394
Well... try to tame them a bit. If you can't do some EQ, try foams or put a round of highs-taming material ( like coffee filters or toilet paper's ply ) out of the nozzle. Don't be afraid of do some experiments, especially on things that can't harm the IEM itself.

LOL don't remember if it was B9scrambler but someone in this thread cut a big hole into the ATE housings and put a metal mesh on it. Probably must've made it sound so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back