Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #23,792 of 64,105
Hey guys, heard great things about KZ earphones and looking into buying one which I use under full face motorcycle helmet. I have QCY bluetooth earphones which are painful and come off as I am sliding on the helmet. Any suggestions for a flush fit

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #23,797 of 64,105
I've only owned one Marshall, and it was incredibly disappointing. Really made me not want to try another.

Yeah, well Marshall had a really rough start with their headphones. Similar to how Skullcandy headphones used to suck when the brand just launched.

The Marshall Mode is somewhat of an odd exception to the Marshall lineup. It's shocking to me that this earphone gets 0 attention. Because it's fantastic. And for $25 right now, it's simply unbeatable.

I suppose that the darker sound signature (it's oddly similar to the Sennheiser 558) won't appeal to the head-fi masses who prefer a V-shape sound with treble sparkle.

Yeah, I compared these to the Sennheiser 558. They're that good. I swear, if these had a Sennheiser logo they would easily sell like hotcakes for $99.99. They're only a measly $25. And nobody cares.

Sadly they're $50 in Canada. Grrrr...So I'm gonna give the KZ ZS5 a try.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #23,800 of 64,105
Could someone point out to me how to put brainwavz hm5 pads on the lps... thanks

Need to stretch them around the outside of the cups. It's not an elegant fit but it works.

20171020_190713[1].jpg

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #23,801 of 64,105
Got the $5 KZE earbud. Not sure model name but its general iem shape, and metal. It took like 6 months to arrive. But it is really warm, iem. SO warm, i probably can wear this without a coat in Canadian winter. I guess its ok for 5 bones :D

HTB1BCIjPXXXXXaUXpXXq6xXFXXXE.jpg

Pretty horrible stock tips. Threw some sony hybrids on em, and all is Gold. :D

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #23,802 of 64,105
For five bucks y'all should be happy it didn't disintegrate and give your dog parvo.

I know ChiFi has gotten really affordable and the cost/performance ratio is impressive, but for under ten bucks if it's making sound you're already doing pretty well.

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #23,804 of 64,105
For five bucks y'all should be happy it didn't disintegrate and give your dog parvo.

I know ChiFi has gotten really affordable and the cost/performance ratio is impressive, but for under ten bucks if it's making sound you're already doing pretty well.

Well...Before the Beats headphone craze, most people used $10 earbuds anyway. Remember the JVC gummies?

Also, the Koss KSC 75 are usually under $15 and they've been around for a really, really long time.

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #23,805 of 64,105
Thanks,got one on will do other tomorrow. Got the standard memory foam pads, which ones are best?? Thanks

Ive only got the hybrid pads. They seem to improve soundstage, increase treble, and reduce the mid-bass hump. Hard to go back to the original pads. Not sure what their other pads would sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back