Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 3, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #19,532 of 63,897
just received my ZS5's....finally!

First impressions;
1. These things are HUGE
2. Memory wire is annoying. Will try stripping it
3. These things are HUGE

They sound BIG too, with thumping bass, which I like. But the high end seems lacking, and I'm far from a treble-head. Most IEMs are too trebly for me.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #19,533 of 63,897
The burning process does bring a better amount of treble from the ZSE and gets more refined in time, but the ZS5 has slightly better coherency in the midrange. But, the overall sound signature of the ZSE is starting to have a lot of similarities and characteristics to the ZS5.

Glad to hear the change with burn in as that would make them awesome.

It's amazing what you can get for the price of a McDonald's!!!

@1clearhead I love your enthusiasm for new earphones and have bought a number of them based on your recommendations and have never been disappointed. Don't let people knock you as you were one of the people that helped kickstart my addiction!!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #19,534 of 63,897
What's the best KZ right now? Is there anything that'll launch soon?

I had the ED9 and I hated it that I sold it immediately (cos of soooo much of sibilance and literally no bass). How does the ZS5 compare to it?

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #19,536 of 63,897
Glad to hear the change with burn in as that would make them awesome.

It's amazing what you can get for the price of a McDonald's!!!

@1clearhead I love your enthusiasm for new earphones and have bought a number of them based on your recommendations and have never been disappointed. Don't let people knock you as you were one of the people that helped kickstart my addiction!!

That's what we call:

enabler.gif

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #19,537 of 63,897
What's the best KZ right now? Is there anything that'll launch soon?

I had the ED9 and I hated it that I sold it immediately (cos of soooo much of sibilance and literally no bass). How does the ZS5 compare to it?

1st - You definitely had faulty ED9

2nd - ZS5 & ZST are best KZ atm. ZST for more V-shaped signature and bass lovers, ZS5 for more balance.

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #19,538 of 63,897
just received my ZS5's....finally!

First impressions;
1. These things are HUGE
2. Memory wire is annoying. Will try stripping it
3. These things are HUGE

They sound BIG too, with thumping bass, which I like. But the high end seems lacking, and I'm far from a treble-head. Most IEMs are too trebly for me.

Another faulty KZ IEM ? ZS5 is near border of my highs tolerance and I`m also quite sensitive to highs.

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #19,539 of 63,897
Once you burned them (going through 75 hours now) they have a lot of transparent details and resolution similar sounding to the ZS5, but has a similar lower bass and sub-bass impact as the K3 PRO's. This is the latest impressions I have so far.

Would You rate ZSE better than ZS5 in overall SQ without considering price? Should I get it if I already have ZST and ZS5 ?

Aug 3, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #19,544 of 63,897
Another faulty KZ IEM ? ZS5 is near border of my highs tolerance and I`m also quite sensitive to highs.
Maybe the armatures aren't working right?

I'm boosting the highs with eq, so they sound good...but usually, with IEM's, i'm using eq to lower highs.

I'm looking forward to getting home and A/B-ing the ZS5s with my other IEMs (Rock Zircons, KZ ED9, Seahf AWK009)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back