Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 19, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #19,052 of 64,069
Not really sure as my gold's just came in (nice packaging by the way), I'll have to swap them out for my stock on my Colorfuls since I'm running the silver on the Carbon's. Maybe I can give some feedback soon but work (the one that feeds my family) seems to always be getting in the way:rolling_eyes:

Package Upgrades.jpg

Some of the Pods fave KZ's:wink: Just realized I did change my Colorfuls to a silver plate as well!!!
KZ Faves.jpg

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #19,053 of 64,069
Haha the two day shipping was worth it :)
indeed. I ordered my ZS5s from Gearbest, and even thought the price was great, the incredibly long shipping time is kind of a drag. Still haven't received them and it's been about three weeks. They're being shipped by Azerbaijan Air Mail for some reason.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #19,055 of 64,069
you need 4 to 6 weeks

If you always think it will be 8 weeks and it arrives sooner then it will always be a pleasant experince.

skeleton.gif

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #19,056 of 64,069
I got my KZ ZS3 two weeks ago. I bought it along with the SPC cable for it. While I like the sound, the isolation, and the fit of this IEM, listening to these on two weeks, I realized that the bass is quite muddy; the sound isn't quite as detailed as I expected even with the SPC cable, until I saw this great tip posted by @Dark Helmet 2 months ago while backreading in this thread:

Dark Helmet said:
Just got the ZS3 and after some time with it I felt the medium tips (The size I typically use) made the ZS3 sound a tad bloated. After reading a through review on Amazon, I tried the small tips as recommended by the author and it totally tamed the bass, gave it more mid punch and balance overall. I also bought the upgrade cable for it. What a fantastic sounding IEM. The comfort and fit are awesome as well.

I followed this, and indeed it's super effective! The bass mellowed down, and the details finally stand out. Wow. I can say I'm finally satisfied with the sound after replacing the medium-sized tips (like Dark Helmet, I usually use the same size) with the small ones.

Also, I have a question regarding ZS5. If I enjoy the sound of ZS3, will I enjoy ZS5 more? I'm planning to buy one sometime. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #19,057 of 64,069
I got my KZ ZS3 two weeks ago. I bought it along with the SPC cable for it. While I like the sound, the isolation, and the fit of this IEM, listening to these on two weeks, I realized that the bass is quite muddy; the sound isn't quite as detailed as I expected even with the SPC cable, until I saw this great tip posted by @Dark Helmet 2 months ago while backreading in this thread:

I followed this, and indeed it's super effective! The bass mellowed down, and the details finally stand out. Wow. I can say I'm finally satisfied with the sound after replacing the medium-sized tips (like Dark Helmet, I usually use the same size) with the small ones.

Also, I have a question regarding ZS5. If I enjoy the sound of ZS3, will I enjoy ZS5 more? I'm planning to buy one sometime. Thanks in advance!
the consensus, with which i agree, is that the zs5 improves on the zs3 in all respects other than a somewhat less punchy bass--the zs5 has significantly more detail/high end extension, images better. than said, you won't necessarily like it more--b9scrambler, for one, prefers the zs3, as i believe he is more treble sensitive

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #19,058 of 64,069
the consensus, with which i agree, is that the zs5 improves on the zs3 in all respects other than a somewhat less punchy bass--the zs5 has significantly more detail/high end extension, images better. than said, you won't necessarily like it more--b9scrambler, for one, prefers the zs3, as i believe he is more treble sensitive

I prefer the ZS3, but not because I'm treble sensitive (quite the opposite actually, haha). I just like it's presentation more. The ZS5 has a very "ED series" tune to it, and since I have lots of ED series KZs it's something I've heard a lot of over the years. The ZS5 doesn't draw me in the same way the ZS3 does as a result. Purely a preference thing as I think the ZS5 is the superior product on a technical level. :beerchug:

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #19,061 of 64,069
How about Treble Trumpflake?

Automatic FOUL for using the word Trump:rolling_eyes: Sure wish my ZS5's would hurry up and get here:scream:

Matter a fact here's my Trumps and they are almost rated by me as high as the country is rating The Trump right now:thinking:
Dolphins.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #19,064 of 64,069

Users who are viewing this thread

Back