Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 24, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #18,466 of 63,916
The full size [ZN1] did have the control box, which allowed digital control over the bass/treble. But unfortunately mine died after a few months of ownership.

I think mine is still working (I have no idea, I haven't really used it since I bought it even though I thought that I intended to probably write a brief review at some point because that EQ box is a nice idea, however executed not so nicely (placement, weight, popping noise when turning on/off, some mild hissing)), but the battery life is rather poor (but that's what it already was right from the beginning).

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #18,467 of 63,916
I've finally settled for the Comply T400 tips which is the perfect pairing for me for the ZS5. It smooths out most of the high frequency peaks of the ZS5. Mids are just nice with the T400 tips and bass is not as bloomy compared to other tips. Please share your best combi.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #18,468 of 63,916
What about merge the track to mono, send the same signal from one source to two seperate (and the same model) head amps feeding the two seperate iems? Then wear the blindfold and BAM.

Simple solution:

headstand.jpg

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #18,470 of 63,916
Nice
How long it take to get to you?

Not too long, about 1 week plus minus from China to my country since i always buy from Taobao and logistics from China to my place is efficient.

What about disconnect issues? That was reported in the original release but was supposedly corrected.
Disconnect is present but not very freqeuent. For the whole day of yesterday when i was using at my shop, there was a few instances of disconnect and most disconnect occured when i was pretty far away from the source or when there were significant obstruction such as a wall in between. In open space it really can support up to 10M of distance but connection wasn't that good as disconnect became much more apparent approaching the 10M mark.

Battery life is quite decent actually for such small module as it was connected from 10am in the morning when i was at work with mix of music playback, video streaming in between and yet still manage to work about 5 hours later, of course there were some pauses in between when i got too busy but still it's pretty decent for its size.

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #18,471 of 63,916
It feels like I've been waiting forever for delivery. I ordered over a month ago and this was the last status on tracking. Can anyone with more experience using Aliexpress shed some light on what's happening here? Looks like it's stuck at Chinese customs for 3 weeks:

Screenshot_20170623-000251.png

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #18,472 of 63,916
It feels like I've been waiting forever for delivery. I ordered over a month ago and this was the last status on tracking. Can anyone with more experience using Aliexpress shed some light on what's happening here? Looks like it's stuck at Chinese customs for 3 weeks:

Last time I got that was with NiceHCK, I think they'd deliberately messed up the order so that it went back to them. It was when they took a lot of orders and didn't actually have stock. I've never used them since.

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #18,473 of 63,916

Click on the 17track link at the bottom, you sometimes get more info on that.

It usually takes around 9 days for me to the UK from that status.

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #18,474 of 63,916
Click on the 17track link at the bottom, you sometimes get more info on that.

It usually takes around 9 days for me to the UK from that status.

The 17track link has the same status, I'm ordering to Germany. So for you it's also gotten "stuck" at this status but was in fact already dispatched by air mail?

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #18,476 of 63,916
The 17track link has the same status, I'm ordering to Germany. So for you it's also gotten "stuck" at this status but was in fact already dispatched by air mail?

Yes and the status didn't update on aliexpress until after it had been delivered.

Alternatively try clicking the China registered post link after copying the tracking number and track it on your home tracking service.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #18,477 of 63,916
I've been experimenting with tips rolling on the ZS5 for a while now and for those who yearn for a more neutral and balanced sound (which is not as V shaped) with very clear detailed mids from their ZS5, use the Comply T400 tips...and the next tip is very important...Use Comply T400 tips one size smaller than your normal size eg. my tips size is L but I use size M instead. Due to the nature of Comply foam tips, one size smaller tips still fit snugly for my ears and I no longer need to roll the tips between my fingers to make them smaller before insertion. This combi works superbly for me, the high frequency peaks are no longer there and the low frequencies are now tamed quite a bit and is actually tighter without the blooming/wooly bass effect. Mids are now very detailed and up front, percussive instruments have better transient attack and I'm actually very surprised with the ZS5 with this combi and I can now confidently say that it sounds as good or even better than many $100+ IEMs out there. I think I've finally found the perfect tips for me to pair with the ZS5 :)

PS: The one size smaller Comply T400 actually attenuates the excessive bloat of the ZS5 and therefore result in a more controlled and tight bass yet retaining the low end extension, right down to 20Hz actually. It also attenuates the high frequency peaks and make the the ZS5 sound smoother yet retaining the high frequency extension. Due to the attenuation on both ends of the frequency spectrum, the ZS5 no longer sound bloated at the bottom and neither does it sound sibilant up top anymore....better still, the mids now become much more clearer and detailed because of the attenuation on both ends therefore the ZS5 does not sound as V shaped as the ZS5 paired with the stock tips. Percussive instruments' transient attack is therefore more prominet with a fast and snappy attack. This by far is the best sounding configuration of the ZS5 for me. Oh btw, this method does not apply to those who particularly like V shaped, nor bass-head level sound signature. This method only applies to those who loves a more balanced, more detailed and less V shaped sound signature. YMMV.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #18,478 of 63,916
I've been experimenting with tip rolling on the ZS5 for a while now and for those who yearn for a more neutral and balanced sound which is not V shaped with very clear detailed mids from their ZS5, use the Comply T400 tips...and the next tip is very important...Use Comply T400 tips one size smaller than your normal size eg. my tips size is L but I use size M instead. Due to the nature of Comply foam tips, one size smaller tips still fit snugly for my ears and I no longer need to roll the tips between my fingers to make them smaller before insertion. This combi works superbly for me, the high frequency peaks are no longer there and the low frequencies are now tamed quite a bit and is actually tighter without the blooming/wooly bass effect. Mids are now very detailed and up front, percussive instruments have better transient attack and I'm actually very surprised with the ZS5 with this combi and I can now confidently say that it sounds as good or even better than many $100+ IEMs out there. I think I've finally found the perfect tips for me to pair with the ZS5 :)

Do you think the TSX-400 / TS-400 will do the same job as your tested T400 set up? I am newbie...thanks

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #18,479 of 63,916
Do you think the TSX-400 / TS-400 will do the same job as your tested T400 set up? I am newbie...thanks

I don't have the TSX400/TS400 tips so I'm not able to confirm the result. I have the TSX200 though but it sounds very different from my T400. The TSX200 does not tame the high peaks as much nor does it tighten the lower frequencies like the T400 one size smaller for me. You might want to give it the TSX400/T400 a try and let us know the result.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #18,480 of 63,916
I don't have the TSX400/TS400 tips so I'm not able to confirm the result. I have the TSX200 though but it sounds very different from my T400. The TSX200 does not tame the high peaks as much nor does it tighten the lower frequencies like the T400 one size smaller for me. You might want to give it the TSX400/T400 a try and let us know the result.

I should actually using a 5yr old T400/T500 (already forgot) that was paired for headphone come with Galaxy tab 7.7. I am quite pleased with it for use with ZS5 and DP- X1A. Now want to buy a new set and saw your post, that's why I ask.

Don't want to get both TSX and T series because it is too many and pricey. Perhaps I should settle in T400....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back