Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 15, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #17,161 of 64,193
Make sure you do BI time if you get the ED3 acme. Sounds very boxy out the box. Took 80hrs for a tight SQ IMO. Accoring to doc holliday the ED3 acme is the improvement of the ED3 Perfection(Silver ones).

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #17,162 of 64,193
i don't read the op but as soon as he says the basshead im confidence giving my recommendations .

Yes, no doubt you made some helpful basshead recommendations.

However, the guy said he's already confused by all of the choices, and has 2 requirements:

1. no over-the-ears IEMs
2. something basshead suitable.

A list of only over-the-ear models might confuse the guy more. Just sayin

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #17,163 of 64,193
Make sure you do BI time if you get the ED3 acme. Sounds very boxy out the box. Took 80hrs for a tight SQ IMO. Accoring to doc holliday the ED3 acme is the improvement of the ED3 Perfection(Silver ones).

They ED3 and ED3c are completely different earphones and sound nothing alike. While they share a design, even that varies when it comes to materials, weight, and fit and finish.

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #17,164 of 64,193
They ED3 and ED3c are completely different earphones and sound nothing alike.

Yep that's why I said the improvements were added to the acme ED3 according to Doc. I ordered the ED3 Perfection a month ago and have not arrived So I cant compare them, yet. Listening to the ED3 acme as I write this. This EP has some good mids and bass for such a cheapie. Real sounding no effects. Slight soundstage, though not wide. Good departure from overblown effect they put into earphones for years. Get a pair. I'm using the tip from a cheap ebay $1.94 EP(they suck worth for a mod and included 4 tips are so great. One of tips is double flange, yep) and the bass sounds ways better than the included ones. Oh snap just tried the double flange even more Bass.

Apr 15, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #17,165 of 64,193
Just recieved my zst silver cable and tried it on the colorful zst. OOTB, the bass is boomy and the treble feels off. I went back to the original cable and all is well again. I tried some different tips(spiral dots, IT03 large tips). Bass became a little to boomy for me although the IT03 gave a great fit. Eventually just came back to the large zst tips. Awesome sound from the plenue pm2. Nice foward mids, strong center image, yet a good mix of clarity, soundstage, and imaging. I'm surprised that the treble is bothersome for some. The dt990 was way to bright for me. My 2 zst's are bright but not overly so.

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #17,166 of 64,193
Yes, no doubt you made some helpful basshead recommendations.

However, the guy said he's already confused by all of the choices, and has 2 requirements:

1. no over-the-ears IEMs
2. something basshead suitable.

A list of only over-the-ear models might confuse the guy more. Just sayin
yes i know but he wants basshead iem, you know kz doesn't have that straight down style basshead type of iem they only have over ear and he said that he wants from kz too so if he wants from kz he have to buy one of those recommendations.

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #17,167 of 64,193
yes i know but he wants basshead iem, you know kz doesn't have that straight down style basshead type of iem they only have over ear and he said that he wants from kz too so if he wants from kz he have to buy one of those recommendations.

There is the ED8, but I'm pretty sure those were discontinued. The ED3c is probably the next closest in the lineup as a cable-down bass head option. RX is good too, but I think they're hard to come by now as well :frowning2:

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #17,168 of 64,193
Yep that's why I said the improvements were added to the acme ED3 according to Doc. I ordered the ED3 Perfection a month ago and have not arrived So I cant compare them, yet. Listening to the ED3 acme as I write this. This EP has some good mids and bass for such a cheapie. Real sounding no effects. Slight soundstage, though not wide. Good departure from overblown effect they put into earphones for years. Get a pair. I'm using the tip from a cheap ebay $1.94 EP(they suck worth for a mod and included 4 tips are so great. One of tips is double flange, yep) and the bass sounds ways better than the included ones. Oh snap just tried the double flange even more Bass.

I've got both :) I'm just saying the two models sound so very different it's not really fair to either to say one is an improvement over the other (and I get those weren't your words). ED3 puts it's focus solidly on upper frequencies while the ED3c is more about the low end.

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #17,169 of 64,193
mQuote:

Yeah, good point.

The KZ DT5 was a bombastic bass cannon (and straight-down design), but you cant get them anymore.

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #17,170 of 64,193
There is the ED8, but I'm pretty sure those were discontinued. The ED3c is probably the next closest in the lineup as a cable-down bass head option. RX is good too, but I think they're hard to come by now as well :frowning2:
ed3c is closest to basshead but not actually a basshead iem. Ed3c made for all round not for basshead is not gonna give that bass thump on your ears like zs3 does or zs1 btw he says he wants to replace the sony which already bass cannon iem because sony company extra bass which is good. if you give this guy the ed3c he will not appreciate the sound quality because he originally basshead people.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #17,171 of 64,193
Just pulled the trigger on ZST with silver cable, as well some Takstar pro 80 rebrand/clone, got a fiio K1 aaas well. I will live by eating instant noodles for a couple of weeks but it was worth it.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #17,172 of 64,193
Just pulled the trigger on ZST with silver cable, as well some Takstar pro 80 rebrand/clone, got a fiio K1 aaas well. I will live by eating instant noodles for a couple of weeks but it was worth it.
i see your in tight budget actually why?, all those thing should be cheap cuz probably it from china apparently you should have enough balance(money) btw.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #17,173 of 64,193
All these costed me about 1/6th of my monthly payment, I got a 4k TV as well this month so yeah I am really tight at this point.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #17,174 of 64,193
ed3c is closest to basshead but not actually a basshead iem. Ed3c made for all round not for basshead is not gonna give that bass thump on your ears like zs3 does or zs1 btw he says he wants to replace the sony which already bass cannon iem because sony company extra bass which is good. if you give this guy the ed3c he will not appreciate the sound quality because he originally basshead people.

With those tips I got big bass on the acme ED3. Ya. Also don't forget the starlines do a good job too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back