Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 12, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #17,116 of 64,388

That's so weird. Both of mine are so tight it takes a ton of force to get them seated all the way.

I assume you've tried to contact the seller? I mean, yours are obviously as defective as the Hindenburg.

Have just done so - I don't know if the headphone plugs are defective or it's just the cable, so I've explained the situation to them and am awaiting a response to see what my options are.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #17,117 of 64,388
  Have just done so - I don't know if the headphone plugs are defective or it's just the cable, so I've explained the situation to them and am awaiting a response to see what my options are.

Yeah, too bad you don't have another pair to test them with.

If the seller flakes out, you could always permanently glue the plugs in place. Should only need a drop or 2.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #17,118 of 64,388
I am relatively new to the world of Kz iems. The model range is a bit overwhelming. Which model would have good SQ and a slight v-shaped sound signature without mids being too recessed? I mostly listen to EDM and trace with female vocals.

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #17,119 of 64,388
I am relatively new to the world of Kz iems. The model range is a bit overwhelming. Which model would have good SQ and a slight v-shaped sound signature without mids being too recessed? I mostly listen to EDM and trace with female vocals.

Thanks!

ZST is the best bet.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #17,120 of 64,388
You could alternatively just buy another cable.  Silver cable is $5-7.  I've heard the stock cables can be bought as well, but I have trouble finding them.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #17,123 of 64,388
Listening to some top 40 radio, a lotta R&B stuff. ZS3 gets my head bopping and feet tapping to some Weeknd. It's brilliant, surpasses my enjoyment of DN1000. Dat bass!!

If KZ came earlier in my life like 2 years ago I might've called it a day much earlier. But then this is HF so...

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #17,125 of 64,388
Got my KZ ZST silver cable in just under 2 weeks from eBay.

Since I haven't seen anyone post the packaging pictures, here you go.

Shrink-wrapped box with a nice pull tab.

Unboxed.  Cable removed.

CABLE HAS MEMORY WIRE!  Which I am personally fine with, but others might not be.  Connectors and split look to be of the same moulding as the regular cable.

Cable is a lot more flexible and looks absolutely amazing with the ZST Colorfuls.  A bit pricy at $5, but I ended up grabbing it for $3 after using some eBay Bucks.  Woo.

Sound difference is not significant enough for me to warrant any sort of sonic review.  Not really a believer in cables changing sound anyways.  However, I measured the impedance difference, which I am wiling to report.  Stock cable gave me 0.7Ohms from 3.5mm plug to IEM pin, silver cable gave me 0.4Ohms.  Small improvement.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #17,126 of 64,388
Originally Posted by SomeTechNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cable is a lot more flexible and looks absolutely amazing with the ZST Colorfuls.  A bit pricy at $5, but I ended up grabbing it for $3 after using some eBay Bucks.  Woo.

Oh how Chi-Fi has spoiled us you beautiful, beautiful person.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #17,128 of 64,388
  Anyone owns the ZST , ATE and ATR  ? Interested in a comparison between these iems. I listen mostly pop songs. Was wondering which I should get first. 

I have reviews up on my site of ZST, ATE-S and ATR which is close to what you're looking for, check my profile for a link.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #17,129 of 64,388
Anyone tried removing the memory cable bit in the silver cable? its kinda annoying me a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back