Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 7, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #16,413 of 64,379
OK so I tried my silver vs stock cable using a quick swap with 1 earbud each.  I also then tried it with the same earbud.
The specific sibilance that I mentioned is still there and I cannot hear any significant differences between the 2 cables. I did this in the office though so my noise environment isn't the best, but the sibilance is still here.

The file I listened to: http://altonbrown.com/brynn-smith-the-alton-brown-podcast/

Around 1:09:30 the lady and Alton both say "commercials" and the S sound at the end will sound sibilant for me, especially in my podcast app on my phone as I use 1.2x speed up, but it's still there on my laptop through that link at normal speed.

In the end though, it's only in rare and specific cases that I hear it, I don't find it to bother me much in music so I'm still happy. Just that in my case the sound quality between the silver and stock cable isn't significant, and I need the mic so I'm using my stock cable even though I prefer the feel of the silver one.

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #16,415 of 64,379
Hi all,one question

Does KZ IEMs sound like a cheap normal ear bud headphones ? or they actually does wonders ?

Tricky answer. First of all, this is not an earbud by definition, it is an earphone like earbud, but it belong in a very specific category which is IEM. KZ used to make earbud back in the day, but nowaday they only make IEM's

For the second part, whether KZ sounds really good or not, it's really subjective and relative.

Subjective, since different people like different kind of sound. And the relative, since depending on where you live, the selection of earphone can affect what you perceive as "price to performance ratio".

For me who live in third world country where the average price of earphone(imported from china and not fake of other brand) are around $2 - $10, KZ is just "okay", nothing really great or anything. But when we shift into more narrower category, which is for example dual driver hybrid IEM, there's only one other IEM other than ZST which is mi hybrid, from there you can judge whether its really good or nkt depending the other with durability and price counted among the factor

TL ;DR kz was just "okay"

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #16,416 of 64,379
So I recently got my ZSTs, these things are pretty good for their price. The only thing I have a problem with is the cable connection. They seem to disconnect very easily. I nearly lost them the other day in school because it disconnected when i put them in my pocket. 

Are these suppose to disconnect so easily? 

Don't put then in your pocket, not without a case..They won't disconnect so easily and they will last much longer...jmo

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #16,417 of 64,379
  Hi all,one question

Does KZ IEMs sound like a cheap normal ear bud headphones ? or they actually does wonders ?

Depends on if you like them or not. I like my ATE,ATR & ZST better than my AKG K550 , My Stock T50RP, but i think my SR325is has an edge on them in some scenarios.
But the KZs are more practical and comfy. This is mostly a grado issue though.

All-in-all i probably would say that KZs have some flaws but they are really well tuned and not just for the price. Now they probably wont compete with HD600s or Fidelio X2s but you cant expect them to.

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #16,419 of 64,379
right now they only sell a new one which is the glossy look but the matt ver is the old not sell anymore.

I do hope so, haha I hate the look of it. Much rather have the glossy one, I pick them up later today 
L3000.gif
 I'll see how they compare to my Ocharaku Co-Donguri Shikuzu.

I also ordered the ZST, those are newer right? and are supposed to be brighter? (I prefer a brighter sound)

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #16,420 of 64,379
Eh, the matte still looks good, and it's in your ears, so it's not like you'd be looking at it anyways.  I can understand aesthetics of cables more.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #16,421 of 64,379
I do hope so, haha I hate the look of it. Much rather have the glossy one, I pick them up later today :L3000:  I'll see how they compare to my Ocharaku Co-Donguri Shikuzu.

I also ordered the ZST, those are newer right? and are supposed to be brighter? (I prefer a brighter sound)
yes the zst is the newer iem and yes they are bright sound.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #16,422 of 64,379
  Eh, the matte still looks good, and it's in your ears, so it's not like you'd be looking at it anyways.  I can understand aesthetics of cables more.

I can understand that, but it's all personal preference
wink.gif
 hey, is the KZ Silver cable a considerable upgrade? is it on the soft side? or will it be like plastiky wire?
yes the zst is the newer iem and yes they are bright sound.

Glad to hear that 
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #16,423 of 64,379
I love my ZS3s but I feel they are a little bulky to use them when I am in college and when I am trying to sleep with them. Are there any smaller earphones with mic that have a similar sound signature (good bass, less bright/non-fatiguing, etc.) that I can use comfortably even when I sleep and cost <$25? Joyroom JR-E-103 seems to fit the bill, but there is only 1 review that I could find and I am wondering if anyone has experience with them.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #16,424 of 64,379
Was doing a BI with these when i noticed some things missing. Not liking the sound so far. Are the newer KZ ATE shipping without the 2 gold pieces on the side? Also seems to be in generic black box with purple writing instead of the plastic case. Housing Grills are red cloth. All the pics see its a grey housing grill with holes. No tie either. This the non mic version. Sent the ebay seller a email.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #16,425 of 64,379
  I love my ZS3s but I feel they are a little bulky to use them when I am in college and when I am trying to sleep with them. Are there any smaller earphones with mic that have a similar sound signature (good bass, less bright/non-fatiguing, etc.) that I can use comfortably even when I sleep and cost <$25? Joyroom JR-E-103 seems to fit the bill, but there is only 1 review that I could find and I am wondering if anyone has experience with them.

hmm maybe the ED9's, they have a somewhat similar signature, but I have to say that I prefer the zs3 in all aspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back