Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 12, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #15,331 of 63,916
$20 to spend. I need to buy some KZs. One for me and one for my friend. Choices please.
Genres, to name a few: Future Bass, Progressive House, Drum and Bass, Melodic Dubstep, Rock/Metal, Electro House

None of the current models have MMCX connectors. I think KZ did use MMCX a long time ago (KZ R3?); one of the veterans would have to confirm this.

I saw people comparing cables and I assumed at least one used MMCX, guess that wasn't right.
The ATEs are balanced armatures right? How does the bass compare to the EDSE?

ayao is right, none of the KZ IEM`s have MMCX atm. But You also saw things right - You can pretty easily make AT* lineup IEM`s MMCX capable. 
I`ve done it to my ATE and ATR.

But for Your genre preference - I would rather go with ZST or ED9 (using gold nozzle filter).

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #15,332 of 63,916
[quote name="BWAS1000" url="/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/15315#post_13

The ATEs are balanced armatures right?[/quote]

No,they are dynamic drivers.......only zst black (carbon) / colorful (pro) has a BA( and a dynamic as a dual hybrid) for now.

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #15,333 of 63,916
Yes it works if the pin connections are correct.......you planned to make one yourself or looking for an after-marjer 2 pin cables like UE style?.

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it! 

I'm thinking of buying a pair of 2-pin balanced cables with 2.5mm TRRS. I have zero DIY skills unfortunately... I saw some balanced 2-pin cables on Taobao that looks pretty decent. 

Just ordered a Aune M1s player that comes with balanced 2.5mm output. I'm keen to try some balanced earphones with it to see how it would sound 
smile.gif

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #15,334 of 63,916
Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it! 

I'm thinking of buying a pair of 2-pin balanced cables with 2.5mm TRRS. I have zero DIY skills unfortunately... I saw some balanced 2-pin cables on Taobao that looks pretty decent. 

Just ordered a Aune M1s player that comes with balanced 2.5mm output. I'm keen to try some balanced earphones with it to see how it would sound :smile:  

Ah Np.......OK, so you might want to check with that seller whether the pins fit your zst,both physically (pin dia) & electrically(matching polarity).If you know chinese (? guessing by your name you are a singaporean?) that might make your day easy.

On a side note, read someone saying one model accepts both the cables but the other model dont but its own.those models are zst and zs3 coz they both have UE style pins.

Introducing a 2.5mm/3.5mm - trrs/trs adapter in the chain will be of no use,so dont waste your money and time.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #15,342 of 63,916
[quote name="BWAS1000" url="/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/15315#post_13

The ATEs are balanced armatures right?

No,they are dynamic drivers.......only zst black (carbon) / colorful (pro) has a BA( and a dynamic as a dual hybrid) for now.[/quote]
I saw it advertised as a balanced armature, so I thought it was

yes it is this is their first ba+dd iem and coming soon the kz zsr that will be 10 ba in one iem.

I'll try it soon enough

Thanks
ayao is right, none of the KZ IEM`s have MMCX atm. But You also saw things right - You can pretty easily make AT* lineup IEM`s MMCX capable. 
I`ve done it to my ATE and ATR.

But for Your genre preference - I would rather go with ZST or ED9 (using gold nozzle filter).

I'll keep an eye on the ED9 then

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #15,343 of 63,916
Just dropping by to say how amazed I am with my ZST. Had them just over a week and I cant put them down for long, easily comparable to IEMs x4 the price. Pairing beautifully with xDuoo x3.

Dunno about any other KZs but these are defo hype worthy.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #15,344 of 63,916
Just dropping by to say how amazed I am with my ZST. Had them just over a week and I cant put them down for long, easily comparable to IEMs x4 the price. Pairing beautifully with xDuoo x3.

Dunno about any other KZs but these are defo hype worthy.

I agree with you. A few people are saying the treble is harsh but I have not experienced that in the least (I have the colorful). ZST is a real bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back