Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 11, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #15,286 of 63,916

THOUGH I will compare them to ATE(by memory), these seem like a more "closed" version of ATE with more natural lows and a bit more analytical highs? Can't be sure without comparing them directly.

Confirmed by me :wink:

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #15,288 of 63,916
Wich one is more fun to hear atr or zs3? Planning to order one of these bad boys today

They are very similar sounding in my opinion. The ZS3 is slightly more controlled in its bass than the ATR, if I'm not mistaken, and has better build quality and features but it's not two times better than the ATR by any measure although the price difference between them is.

If you want the best value, you can't go wrong with the ATR, but if you want something with better hardware/features and that you can keep for a longer period of time (thanks to its replaceable cable) and wear more comfortably, then the ZS3 is the way to go. Happy listening.

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #15,289 of 63,916
I guess almost everybody here knows that feeling,waiting for a package,then coming home and its there!Its almost a present for youre self every time :p
Today i got mine KZ ED(R)2.First i will tell mine opinion for so far,listing to them as we speak.Its mine first time doing this,so i hope i am doing it right:tongue_smile:

The bass is jaw dropping,its low enough,deep,depending on the song ofcourse.I am a bit of a bass head,so i really like it.Its not overwelming or pounding tho.Top score for the bass if you ask me.
The mids are good,nothing special to mine hearing/taste but certainly not bad.Better then the Sennheiser 300cx mids.Those where the headphones i used till now.No rumble wich i sometimes get with the Sennheiser.
Vocals could be better.I found them on the background a bit,i prefer them as a little more up there(in youre face,as a mather of speak)Quality is still good and the vocals are smooth and clear voices.
High notes are very clear and crisp!Especially in a moment when a song lacks or not having some bass at that moment.Then you can really hear the high notes coming to life very well!
When a bass line kicks in,or when there is a lot going on,the highs attend to sound a little less in volume and.More on the background.
Just ask me for a better discription if you want one :wink:
I do hear a bit of cable noise when youre moving around,walking or something like that.But i am used to that because the Sennheiser's also had that.
I am using the biggest plugs and they close really good!I thought i read some where around here that the come of because they dont grip.But when using the biggest size i personally can't imagine that they come of.The gym is going to be a test for that i think :)

All said so far (dont really know if these IEM's need some burn in) for this price they are amazing if you ask me.Maybe some things look like i am really negative but thats not all it,i am really happy with them!I think i will order a other set from KZ aswell just to compare and for the fun of it:D If some one haves a recommendation after reading mine story i would love to hear that :)

I do have a question.I saw that forum member BWAS1000 ordered the same ones,but it came in a diffrent package.So are mine legit tho?Or just a diffrence and thats it.
Here are some pictures so you guys can see what i am talking about.They whole thing was in a zip lock bag with that barcode and discription on it.

Actually my ED Special Editions came in the same case.

Also, I went to wash the tips in my EDR2, and the entire nozzle just breaks off when I remove the tips Hasn't happened on the EDSE so I hope that was a dud.

I was actually hoping mine came in the case

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #15,290 of 63,916
No boy i dont prefer other than kz iem cuz im in kz holics mood bruh.i will buy the the big bass like kzs3 and ate-S THAT WILL BLOW MY HEAD OFF:boom::boom:with bass cuz i like to listen to edm much than other genre.

It wouldn't actually blow your head off with its bass but yes, if you like your edm tracks, you will surely love how the zs3 will play with your ears, its big soundstage will actually make you feel you're in a big room. :grin:

Guys iam a bit confused to pick wich type of kz i should buy. I like the sound sig of ath m50, and iam looking for a good sound separation. Any help from the pro and my budget is 5-10$

Go for the ZS3, I have the M50s too and this little bad boys will not disappoint.

Recently received my new pair of ED12's. Plugged them into my phone and gave them a listen but my first impressions were not good at all. They sounded overly warm with harsh sibilance. This is not what I expected reading everyone's impressions. So I plugged them into my FiiO E10K USB headphone amp and WOW now I'm shocked! They also paired well with my Sansa clip+. These are some of the most well balanced (to my ears) earbuds I've heard. For this price? It's hard to believe. That makes pair 5 of my KZ collection and growing. I think I have a problem...

Glad to see someone actually appreciated them, mine never arrived so gearbest already refunded me with the cost. Planning to use the refund money for the HDSE though. :beers:

Wich one is more fun to hear atr or zs3? Planning to order one of these bad boys today

They both share the same fun sound signature so I say buy them both. Im going to use my ATR as beaters and the ZS3 for EDM tracks and games lol. The ZS3s bigger soundstage makes it easier for me to hear footstep location of my incoming prey on CSGO. :joy:

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #15,291 of 63,916
It wouldn't actually blow your head off with its bass but yes, if you like your edm tracks, you will surely love how the zs3 will play with your ears, its big soundstage will actually make you feel you're in a big room. :grin:
Go for the ZS3, I have the M50s too and this little bad boys will not disappoint.
Glad to see someone actually appreciated them, mine never arrived so gearbest already refunded me with the cost. Planning to use the refund money for the HDSE though. :beers:
They both share the same fun sound signature so I say buy them both. Im going to use my ATR as beaters and the ZS3 for EDM tracks and games lol. The ZS3s bigger soundstage makes it easier for me to hear footstep location of my incoming prey on CSGO. :joy:
i sure that kzs3 will be my perfect iem for daily dose of edm music tq for the impression. :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #15,292 of 63,916
i sure that kzs3 will be my perfect iem for daily dose of edm music tq for the impression. :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After hearing all the positive comments about the Z3 for its soundstage, is it comparable to the Havi Pro3?

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #15,294 of 63,916
So, after about a month of waiting my ZS2 finally arrived from GB.

I chose the ZS2 over the ZS3 simply because I wanted to try a dual-driver IEM for the first time. My first KZ were an ATE-S purchased a couple of months back, and I love them. Some time later, on the forum, someone suggested to try the ZS1 for a different sound. I got the ZS2 instead because I thought the ZS2 must be a tweak/improvement over the ZS1.

Well, at first I wasn't blown away by how they sounded (with 'starline' M tips). The bass was very overwhelming, constantly rumbling in the background and just sort of drowning everything else in it. After a week, I was about to give up on them, when I remembered that I had wide bore tips laying around somewhere, which I never really use. So I switched my usually preferred 'starline' M tips with those. And wow!

The change really made a difference. The bass is not so overwhelming, and the ZS2 sounds exactly how I'd wanted them to sound!

Now this sounds majestic :)

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #15,296 of 63,916
Same here, got ZST few days back. I bought them from pure curiosity and I´m quite surprised with sound and fit. My only objection is cable, but there is replacement available, so I´m glade, I took them.

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #15,298 of 63,916
So, after about a month of waiting my ZS2 finally arrived from GB.

I chose the ZS2 over the ZS3 simply because I wanted to try a dual-driver IEM for the first time. My first KZ were an ATE-S purchased a couple of months back, and I love them. Some time later, on the forum, someone suggested to try the ZS1 for a different sound. I got the ZS2 instead because I thought the ZS2 must be a tweak/improvement over the ZS1.

Well, at first I wasn't blown away by how they sounded (with 'starline' M tips). The bass was very overwhelming, constantly rumbling in the background and just sort of drowning everything else in it. After a week, I was about to give up on them, when I remembered that I had wide bore tips laying around somewhere, which I never really use. So I switched my usually preferred 'starline' M tips with those. And wow!

The change really made a difference. The bass is not so overwhelming, and the ZS2 sounds exactly how I'd wanted them to sound!

Now this sounds majestic :)
describe the word majestic:blush:and how does you want it to be sound?

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #15,300 of 63,916
Man i really enjoyed my atr...
:grinning::grinning::innocent::innocent: feels like heaven.Altough this doesn't have that heavily bloated bass it has nice all round sound feels really relax when listen to edm genre without bass but other than edm genre is perfect.i Really recommended if somebody who prefer less bass and controlled bass,focused on the detail or listen to other genre such as pop,classic, rock or etc... their really good but beside if you listen to edm genre you will felt mising the part that on bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back