Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 11, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #15,276 of 63,916
FINALLY! Gonna post my impressions soon.

EDIT: 3 mins in and I am already laughing at the no sub bass statements I read quite some time ago, well.....

EDIT 2: There is no point on saying the same things again, my opinion on those are the same as @CoiL (As I expected) except CoiL is a lot better than me at "reviewing" and expressing his opinions using correct terminology, so yeah xD.
THOUGH I will compare them to ATE(by memory), these seem like a more "closed" version of ATE with more natural lows and a bit more analytical highs? Can't be sure without comparing them directly.

For anyone not into V-Shaped IEMS this is surely a GREAT IEM, and for the V-Shaped fans it's a great complementary IEM to swap your daily driver once in a while,  you can listen to music for hours without feeling fatigued.
Note I am not saying these lack bass or highs at all, but many people are used to more "shiny" highs so they may find them lacking that wow factor.

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #15,277 of 63,916
ATR arrived today from Gearbest, actually beating out one of my 11.11 orders.  Given my tendency to listen primarily to earbuds instead of IEMs, the sound signature is something I'm rather used to.  Honestly, if I wanted the typical earbud signature but closed for isolation, this would be a budget recommendation.  It has enough bass for bands like Portishead to sound reasonable, so I'm happy with that.

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #15,278 of 63,916
The 2-month delivery deadline expired for my (Gearbest) ATR, so opted for a replacement pair! Let's hope this one will make it :D

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #15,279 of 63,916
I just received my gearbest order for the KZ HDS3 and HDS1 with mic. Unfortunately i received another mic-less HDS1, my second failed attempt to buy a HDS1 with mic, and including the mic-less ED3c i also received from gearbest that's 3 times i got the wrong version... luckily i've been refunded the previous times after contacting CS and providing pictures
regular_smile .gif

Here's a pic of the HDS1 and the HDS3, both are tiny! The HDS3 does not have the usual KZ cable nor the rugged L-plug, instead using a little bit thinner cable and more fragile looking L-plug. The HDS3 also combines the y-split and mic+button.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #15,281 of 63,916
Recently received my new pair of ED12's. Plugged them into my phone and gave them a listen but my first impressions were not good at all. They sounded overly warm with harsh sibilance. This is not what I expected reading everyone's impressions. So I plugged them into my FiiO E10K USB headphone amp and WOW now I'm shocked! They also paired well with my Sansa clip+. These are some of the most well balanced (to my ears) earbuds I've heard. For this price? It's hard to believe. That makes pair 5 of my KZ collection and growing. I think I have a problem...

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #15,283 of 63,916
Now off you go to have a long listening session!:smiley: Nice KZ collection you have gathered!

So far they're ok. after 10 min comparing them to my HDS1 (that have probably 30+ hours of use, not sure if they're burned in as well) i think the hds1 might sound clearer, with better highs. Or more specifically, the cymbals in my metal sounds better with HDS1.
Also tried my urbanfun hybrids, and the hybrids are more balanced and have more details
bigsmile_face.gif

OOTB with large stock tips that are excellent on the HDS1, the HDS3 is lacking some treble for my preferences. When i added +2/+4 for treble on my fiio e17 they became better.
At least they sound better than my xiaomi original hybrid to me...

Recently received my new pair of ED12's. Plugged them into my phone and gave them a listen but my first impressions were not good at all. They sounded overly warm with harsh sibilance. This is not what I expected reading everyone's impressions. So I plugged them into my FiiO E10K USB headphone amp and WOW now I'm shocked! They also paired well with my Sansa clip+. These are some of the most well balanced (to my ears) earbuds I've heard. For this price? It's hard to believe. That makes pair 5 of my KZ collection and growing. I think I have a problem...

I don't think i've read about anyone who liked the ed12?
only 5 pair of KZ? let us help you? (ATR, HDS1, EDR2, ED9, ZS3 are my high five of KZ)
rolleyes.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #15,284 of 63,916
So far they're ok. after 10 min comparing them to my HDS1 (that have probably 30+ hours of use, not sure if they're burned in as well) i think the hds1 might sound clearer, with better highs. Or more specifically, the cymbals in my metal sounds better with HDS1.
Also tried my urbanfun hybrids, and the hybrids are more balanced and have more details:bigsmile_face:
OOTB with large stock tips that are excellent on the HDS1, the HDS3 is lacking some treble for my preferences. When i added +2/+4 for treble on my fiio e17 they became better.
At least they sound better than my xiaomi original hybrid to me...

I don't think i've read about anyone who liked the ed12?
only 5 pair of KZ? let us help you? (ATR, HDS1, EDR2, ED9, ZS3 are my high five of KZ) :rolleyes:  

I have ZS3 ED9 but prefer ED12. ATR in the mail. (Adding EDR2 HDS1 to buy list)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back