Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 9, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #15,241 of 63,834
... other option is using a Bluetooth receiver, then you can use whatever earphones you like

actually, this is one of my fav sport setups: My 50mm Phillips (9500 something? The ones with the sweat friendly textile earpads) and an AGPtek bt receiver ... works well if no one else plays loud music in the gym. 

So far the only over ear for work out option I could come up with :D 

another BT receiver of mine was eaten by sweat :frowning2: 

I have a bunch of others I have tried so far .. liking that QYC QY8 quite some (also have the QY7, some Ankers, new JBL e25BT, the recent Xiaomi sport, which already gave up somehow .. I am using/abusing them quite alot).. but looking for something with over the ear cabling like the ZS3 (which have the best fit out of all my in ears, well, them and the Vivo XE800)

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #15,243 of 63,834
  I went through about 50 of the 1000+ pages in this thread, but alas, I could not really find what I am looking for. 

HDSE, I found only some vague 'they are bad, no, not that bad' ... kinda remarks ... how are they? I am always looking for something great for running, my dream would be a BT version of the ZS3 (feel free to point out some other BT headsets that I should look into, I recently got some elecom HPC40, i think this might me Japan only, which I really like and they actually stay put) , feel free to tell me

speaking of which: my pair of ZS3 is getting 'old' ... the mic portion came off, I taped it back, it still works ...  is there actually a place to order replacement cables that are not more expensive than getting a new pair of ZS3s? 

and IF getting a new pair, what is the current, trustworthy AE seller de jour? 

Thanks

I'd recommend the 1More iBFree about £25 from Aliexpress, there's also the new Xiaomi Bluetooth earphones which I'd imagine are very similar but haven't tried yet.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #15,244 of 63,834
  I went through about 50 of the 1000+ pages in this thread, but alas, I could not really find what I am looking for. 

HDSE, I found only some vague 'they are bad, no, not that bad' ... kinda remarks ... how are they? I am always looking for something great for running, my dream would be a BT version of the ZS3 (feel free to point out some other BT headsets that I should look into, I recently got some elecom HPC40, i think this might me Japan only, which I really like and they actually stay put) , feel free to tell me

speaking of which: my pair of ZS3 is getting 'old' ... the mic portion came off, I taped it back, it still works ...  is there actually a place to order replacement cables that are not more expensive than getting a new pair of ZS3s? 

and IF getting a new pair, what is the current, trustworthy AE seller de jour? 

Thanks

Get a $4 bluetooth earphone on Aliexpress, open it up, and solder your ZS3 to it. Ive done it with Sennheiser CX300s of which the cable broke and it's great really.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #15,245 of 63,834

The difference between the small and medium is not THAT much...a bit too big is normally ok unless it's warping the silicone and breaking the seal.  

Perhaps try thinner tips (most other IEMs come with those cheap thin ones, KZ stock tips are REALLY good), or some hybrids that are silicone + foam.  I think there's a post here where somebody showed how to make them yourself as well. Tri-flange tips could also help.

Worse case just get foam tips which will fit the best, but you'll need to keep replacing them.

Currently I'm using the stock small tips, which fit my ears better than the Starline/Whirlwind tips which are a bit smaller. Where can you get hybrids?

Yeah, depends on person ear shape. Maybe for You - try Spiral Dot MS size that is inbetween M and S?

I would get those, and I was looking at them earlier, but I'm not really willing to spend twice the price of my ATR on a pair of eartips at the moment. I might get them later, but not now.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #15,246 of 63,834
Hey: Did KZ change their memory foam eartips recently? I remember my old ATE had a flat bottom, and sealed EXTREMELY well. My current ATE-S tips, however, are curved at the end, leading to a very unnatural fit (for me). I tried ordering eartips from their official site, which had a picture of the old eartips, but they arrived today and they're all the new ones :frowning2:

Any help?

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #15,247 of 63,834

This is a fun, VERY bassy little cheapo earphone; YHC S600. Cheap too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-YHC-S600-bass-earphone-sports-headphones-dynamic-Headset-with-mic-for-iPhone-xiaomi-samsung-smartphones/32717330843.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.SvX0G3&aff_platform=aaf&cpt=1483897681186&sk=VnYZvQVf&aff_trace_key=48b01c62c6a24cf6803a864f07e8d4c4-1483897681186-01325-VnYZvQVf

Yes sir, indeed they are and my 15 year old's current favorite
biggrin.gif
He got a short in one side of his ZN1 Mini's (got him another pair on the way) but the YHC is for sure killer for the price, obviously based off the old Shure 2 series shell they IMHO can't be beat for $4 USD and put the $9.99 Skull Candies at Best Buy to shame. Glad you turned me onto these B9, I put a pair in everyone's stocking this Christmas and the compliments just keep coming back to me.

I also have to agree with Griffiths post once again however I feel the silver ZST and ZS3 cables are a worthwhile investment
wink_face.gif
However like your back and forth testing I found my marked improvement by going back to the stock cable after prolonged listening with silver on them and to my ears now the stock cable is just sloppy. YMMV as it is all subjective to ones hearing and preferences but for me the silver cable is the way to go
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #15,248 of 63,834
  So after confirming that the ATR are not an upgrade to the ATE as many claimed... (they are completely different-sounding earphones with very differing characteristics overlap with each other much less than the actual design of the earphones) and confirming the the ZST are also not an upgrade to the ZS3 or ATR for the same reasons as the ones mentioned between the parenthesis I'm here to slay two of this thread's enduring repeated questions and boogeymen:
Is the ZST colorful, also referred to as ZST Pro by some vendors, better or different than the non-colorful ZST?

And finally... the one you've all been waiting for: Does the ZST silver upgrade cable improve the sound quality of the ZST?

Thank you for taking the time to do some comparisons and write this.  I agree with you in regards to "is x an upgrade to y"...... they are all a decent bang for the buck, but have distinctive sound signatures that will appeal to different people based on his or her preferences.

I have both the black and colorful ZSTs, and can't tell a difference.  Both (to me, and maybe just to me!) they are a tad too bright.

I own and prefer the silver upgrade cable for the ZS3, ZST and ED12...... there is a subtle difference in sound, but a noticeable difference in comfort, which must be considered against how much $ someone is willing to spend on an inexpensive IEM.

Hopefully people will read your post..... this thread seems to be turning into a place for people to pop in and ask the same questions over and over again without searching or reading a bit. 
confused.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #15,249 of 63,834
  Currently I'm using the stock small tips, which fit my ears better than the Starline/Whirlwind tips which are a bit smaller. Where can you get hybrids?

Sony makes them, but seems only sold in Japan or through ebay resellers.  Found a link on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Noise-Isolation-Ep-exn50m-Imports/dp/B005OT3O5A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Here's a link on how to DIY
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/diy-hybrid-tips-mod-iem-5060314.html#post94051847

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #15,250 of 63,834

actually, this is one of my fav sport setups: My 50mm Phillips (9500 something? The ones with the sweat friendly textile earpads) and an AGPtek bt receiver ... works well if no one else plays loud music in the gym. 

So far the only over ear for work out option I could come up with :D 

another BT receiver of mine was eaten by sweat :frowning2: 

I have a bunch of others I have tried so far .. liking that QYC QY8 quite some (also have the QY7, some Ankers, new JBL e25BT, the recent Xiaomi sport, which already gave up somehow .. I am using/abusing them quite alot).. but looking for something with over the ear cabling like the ZS3 (which have the best fit out of all my in ears, well, them and the Vivo XE800)

That's pretty cool. I might look for something like that for my vmoda m100's that I use at the gym. I'd also need a bluetooth transmitter though for my phone+zuperdac because I don't like the SQ straight out of my Galaxy S5. I presume transmitters such as that exist!

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #15,251 of 63,834
Yes sir, indeed they are and my 15 year old's current favorite:D He got a short in one side of his ZN1 Mini's (got him another pair on the way) but the YHC is for sure killer for the price, obviously based off the old Shure 2 series shell they IMHO can't be beat for $4 USD and put the $9.99 Skull Candies at Best Buy to shame. Glad you turned me onto these B9, I put a pair in everyone's stocking this Christmas and the compliments just keep coming back to me.

I also have to agree with Griffiths post once again however I feel the silver ZST and ZS3 cables are a worthwhile investment:wink_face: However like your back and forth testing I found my marked improvement by going back to the stock cable after prolonged listening with silver on them and to my ears now the stock cable is just sloppy. YMMV as it is all subjective to ones hearing and preferences but for me the silver cable is the way to go:beerchug:

Yo by the cable on that zst is lit:fire::fire:bro

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #15,253 of 63,834
No boy i dont prefer other than kz iem cuz im in kz holics mood bruh.i will buy the the big bass like kzs3 and ate-S THAT WILL BLOW MY HEAD OFF:boom::boom:with bass cuz i like to listen to edm much than other genre.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #15,254 of 63,834
Sadly, it's a commonly used tactic which means nothing.  I just assume nothing if a headphone claims super bass, extreme bass, anything like that.
Thats stupid is like your cheat your consumer by saying it extream bass or ultra bass for grabs people attention.Thats must be a marketing management idea. Such a shame people who like me will be trap by those wordz. :neutral_face::expressionless:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back