Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 13, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #14,371 of 63,916
  For ATR/ATE using MMCX connector is easiest and cheap. But I recommend to get angled MMCX ends cable for ATE/ATR housing fit and cable max 0.8 Ohm or lower is recommended.

Thanks for those pics. can I use the cable that's already inside the shell for the soldering? What do I solder where? I don't know what parts of the connector should connect to the driver.

Dec 13, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #14,372 of 63,916
I just got my atr n zs3 from gearbest! Paid for slightly more expensive shipping tho. $1.50 more for 7-15 days shipping #totallyworthit

Are ATR good? I bought it cuz it was $5 on sale! I heard it has a balance signature which I adore compared to the Base heavy nature of zs3.

Dec 13, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #14,373 of 63,916
I just got my atr n zs3 from gearbest! Paid for slightly more expensive shipping tho. $1.50 more for 7-15 days shipping #totallyworthit

Are ATR good? I bought it cuz it was $5 on sale! I heard it has a balance signature which I adore compared to the Base heavy nature of zs3.

Nice! I've ordered from GearBest too. Hope I won't be disappointed with the oh-my-god-it's-cheap-ATR :p

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #14,374 of 63,916
Hi everyone, I'm looking to try something different - I currently own Rock Zircons but have been looking into the ATE-S and ZS2 for the sake of trying something new. Which of these have similar/comparable bass to the Zircons? 

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #14,376 of 63,916

4 days!
eek.gif
Most of my stuff takes 14 days from Aliexpress, my record is 7 days though.

Yup, 4days from date I received email saying that the goods is shipped.  BTW, it's for non-audio related stuff ... if it makes a diff.

I ordered my ZST colorful and Zs3 yesterday and this morning I got an email saying that 'Your Order Has Been Shipped' ... let's see how long it takes 
smile.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #14,377 of 63,916
depending on the kind of music that u listen to...
some may like the red-core tips from ZS3 on the ZST..
it tightens the sound a notch (less dispersed)

helped when i was listening to some big pipe organ music..:p

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #14,378 of 63,916
  @shin0 how's the bass of the rock zircons?? i'm planning to get one, currently own zs3's which is bass heavy but sometimes too much bass

Bass on the Zircons is MONSTROUS. I don't have ZS3 to compare though.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #14,379 of 63,916

I'm amazed at the quality of my ATR. I bought 3 intended as gifts for my nephews. Opened one up and knew I had to keep it right away. Since then my wife has "claimed" it and another one was gifted to her friend. Looks like I'll need to order 5 more.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #14,380 of 63,916

i myself is new to this KZ stuff, and only owned ATR and listened to my friend's ZS3. I like the ATR balanced sound enough that i use it for mixing. the soundstage is not so much surrounds your head like the ZS3, but more like sitting in front of reference studio monitor

so to me the ZS3 is fun sounding, while the ATR is more balanced

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #14,381 of 63,916
  For ATR/ATE using MMCX connector is easiest and cheap. But I recommend to get angled MMCX ends cable for ATE/ATR housing fit and cable max 0.8 Ohm or lower is recommended.

Thanks for those pics. can I use the cable that's already inside the shell for the soldering? What do I solder where? I don't know what parts of the connector should connect to the driver.

There are no wires inside housing, only headphone cable itself. You need only little pieces for connecting MMCX female socket to driver. 
MMCX outer ring is negative/ground, inner thin hole is positive/signal. When You start desoldering original cable from driver, just remember which one is colorful (signal) and which one is "copper" or striped (ground).

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #14,382 of 63,916
  There are no wires inside housing, only headphone cable itself. You need only little pieces for connecting MMCX female socket to driver. 
MMCX outer ring is negative/ground, inner thin hole is positive/signal. When You start desoldering original cable from driver, just remember which one is colorful (signal) and which one is "copper" or striped (ground).

Is there a guide to this procedure somewhere?
I cant figure out what MMCX sockets to get

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #14,383 of 63,916
I kinda feel stupid wearing my ZS3's while walking around. Out of nowhere I'd suddenly pick up my air guitar or drum around in the air. If not bobbing my head to the music. :joy:

4 days! :eek: Most of my stuff takes 14 days from Aliexpress, my record is 7 days though.
well that was fast. Fastest I got my stuff from ali is 10days. from date I placed the order til it got to my doorstep.

May I, with all honesty, advise you get, if you could, a. Monoprice 8320? I listen a lot to vocals, also Andrea, and there's imo no KZ that could match its clear and clean sound. I also find the zs3 to be too dark for male vocals. Besides, I still think the Monoprices top most (all?) KZs but that's my opinion :)
I will have to agree with you on this one. But the female vocals are sweet though.

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #14,384 of 63,916
The ZST continue to amaze me. With the upgraded cable, proper tips, and some burn in these have rocketed to my favorite KZ IEM, and that's saying a lot cuz I really love ATE, ATR, and Ed9. These are special. The bass digs deep but is quality and quantity with no bleed over to the mid and highs. Vocals are crystal clear and mids are just about perfect for me. This was NOT the case with the original cable..Soundstage and details make me feel like I'm listening to a $200+ pair of earphones. The comfort and isolation is just a bonus! Just ordered another black pair from GB and the color version from Ali! Tuning on these is Extraordinary. Can't wait for the 5/10? Driver.....of course this is all IMO.

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #14,385 of 63,916
The ZST continue to amaze me. With the upgraded cable, proper tips, and some burn in these have rocketed to my favorite KZ IEM, and that's saying a lot cuz I really love ATE, ATR, and Ed9. These are special. The bass digs deep but is quality and quantity with no bleed over to the mid and highs. Vocals are crystal clear and mids are just about perfect for me. This was NOT the case with the original cable..Soundstage and details make me feel like I'm listening to a $200+ pair of earphones. The comfort and isolation is just a bonus! Just ordered another black pair from GB and the color version from Ali! Tuning on these is Extraordinary. Can't wait for the 5/10? Driver.....of course this is all IMO.

By upgraded cables you mean the KZ silver cables? and KZ tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back