Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 11, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #14,253 of 64,152
some experiment..

tried the starline tips on ED9... 
the sound gets more spacious but lose out on the tightness n thumppp of the bass.

tried starline tips on the ZS3, disastrous...total lost of ambience..spatial cue...
something shut down...back to the original redcore tips, all good again.
Having heard the ZST, i just find the ZS3 missing a little top end sparkle..
though still engaging.

==========

after 2 hours of experimenting above...
put back the ZST...whammmmmm,
straightaway i could hear the 3D stretchout soundscape of the first song that came on cue..
next one..next one...next one...same capability of the ZST
to send spatial cues  of the ambience of each particular recording
every song..every band...every orchestra comes into your livingroom.

u mussssssst get this ZST.. 12 bucks..dammmmmm. :p

=========

impossible..KennyRogers came an sat with me..
i dun listen to his songs.. how did he get here..in person ???? :)

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #14,254 of 64,152
Thanks guys this site is never friendly to my wallet @To.M, @B9Scrambler

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #14,255 of 64,152
So.. Lorspeaker's been disturbing the peace in my pants with his ZST love. My question is, who's got a definitive answer on black vs colorful? I've seen people refer to it colorful as "Pro" but beyond that, nothing has been definitive from what I could find searching here.. I'm interested in getting a pair but I'd love to know which is actually better! (If there's any difference)

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #14,258 of 64,152
tennmak pro should be probably "smoother" in highs and more prominent mids... from what I`ve read. Don`t have neither, yet.

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #14,259 of 64,152
With all the ZST impressions coming left and right, I hope I don't knock myself out waiting for my pair.

Good thing B9Scrambler impressions tamed the ants on my pants.

Now, to give some love back to the ZS3. Here's my impressions.

Disclaimer: Do take note im not a pro like anybody else in here but I know a good one when I hear one so please take my word with a grain of salt.

Been listening to this pair for a few days now and all I can say is WOW! For the $6.50 I paid, this is certainly bang for the buck and without a doubt beats my old trusty daily runners (Pistons 2).

Pros:
Vocals are nice and smooth, I sometimes find it lacking for some tracks but still well within my preference.
Mids are excellent but easily gets overwhelmed by the boominess of the bass.
Bass is amazing, extends to the point where it shows you how big its soundstage is.
Soundstage is where I fell inlove with it, you can really hear the space between the instruments and makes you feel you're in a room with properly setup'ed speakers. I have not heard any in ears with this big of a soundstage at this price ever. I usually run to my m50's whenever I need music therapy but this changes everything.
Comfort is A+, when I first fitted it without the wires, it just went thru my ears like it was custom molded. I can wear this for hours without fatigue or even to sleep.

Cons:
Memory wire needs a little getting used to.
Bass can be to overwhelming and uncontrolled.
Mids gets muddy because of the bass. (Music dependent)

Overall Verdict:
Given my pros and cons, this indeed makes for fun pair of in ears to listen to for hours. The ups and downs varies on the tracks you listen to but whatever type of music I threw at it for the past days, it did not disappoint. My music preference is mostly top 40, hiphop, rnb, and mood dependent reggae, edm, acoustic covers, jazz, coffee table instrumentals. So if you're the type of guy who basically listens to all sorts of music, this an easy go to pair.

I will gladly accept constructive critisicm for the terms I have used as I have long been absent in this hobby and this is my first ever "impressions" post for as long as I can remember. :grin::grin::grin:

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #14,260 of 64,152
  So.. Lorspeaker's been disturbing the peace in my pants with his ZST love. My question is, who's got a definitive answer on black vs colorful? I've seen people refer to it colorful as "Pro" but beyond that, nothing has been definitive from what I could find searching here.. I'm interested in getting a pair but I'd love to know which is actually better! (If there's any difference)

ZST came out with the black carbon fiber look version first, then came the colorfuls.  Some resellers call the colorfuls the ZST Pro, but this is wrong, there is no ZST Pro (yet).

From what I gather, the first batch of black ZSTs were tuned differently, and may have been the reason for alot of the poor reviews on this thread.  Then KZ tuned the ZSTs after getting customer feedback and came out with the colorfuls.  The black ones got the same tuning, however you might still be getting some first batch ones if the reseller haven't sold out of them yet.  If you want to make sure you get the v2 ZSTs, get the colorfuls, although in a few more months I suspect all the black ones are going to be the v2 as well.  There is no difference internally for the black v2 and the colorfuls, just the color of the housing.  Price is also the same, at least on the KZ taobao store.  Resellers might have different prices between the 2 depending on stock level.

ZST pro was mentioned on a picture of a box of the ZSR, but this is likely a typo.  The ZSR is the one with 10 drivers that seems to be coming out sometime in 2017.

On a side note, for the ZS3 it first came out with the matte black, then came a glossy black.  Not much discussion/comparison between the 2, but many here say KZ does tune things based on customer feedback and then come out with v2s.  So I got the glossy black for my ZS3 and the colorfuls for my ZST, just to make sure I have the v2 of both.

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #14,261 of 64,152

ZST came out with the black carbon fiber look version first, then came the colorfuls.  Some resellers call the colorfuls the ZST Pro, but this is wrong, there is no ZST Pro (yet).

From what I gather, the first batch of black ZSTs were tuned differently, and may have been the reason for alot of the poor reviews on this thread.  Then KZ tuned the ZSTs after getting customer feedback and came out with the colorfuls.  The black ones got the same tuning, however you might still be getting some first batch ones if the reseller haven't sold out of them yet.  If you want to make sure you get the v2 ZSTs, get the colorfuls, although in a few more months I suspect all the black ones are going to be the v2 as well.  There is no difference internally for the black v2 and the colorfuls, just the color of the housing.  Price is also the same, at least on the KZ taobao store.  Resellers might have different prices between the 2 depending on stock level.

ZST pro was mentioned on a picture of a box of the ZSR, but this is likely a typo.  The ZSR is the one with 10 drivers that seems to be coming out sometime in 2017.

On a side note, for the ZS3 it first came out with the matte black, then came a glossy black.  Not much discussion/comparison between the 2, but many here say KZ does tune things based on customer feedback and then come out with v2s.  So I got the glossy black for my ZS3 and the colorfuls for my ZST, just to make sure I have the v2 of both.

I asked the seller a question about my ZST Pro's and they said that the Pro's were only the colorful version. I was disappointed. Looking forward to the 5 driver ZSR's though!

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #14,264 of 64,152

Makes sense. Saw you over on the Xiaomi Gen 5 thread too.. How do you feel the ZST holds up against the Gen 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back