Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 16, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #12,106 of 63,930
https://www.amazon.com/Elecom-Ehp-ca3580bk-Stereo-Headphone-System/dp/B00KM5J61M

if this the elecom model you're talking about then let me just tell you that it's a waste of money if you ask me.Harsh treble and mids,but the bass is indeed big.....actually scratch that it's HUGE.Sub bass and mid bass is tremendous,but that's all it has going for it.

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #12,107 of 63,930
Wow, hybrid from KZ? I found my way back into budget-fi apparently xD.

On another note, as I am really outdated are ED12 any good? also ZS3.
I am looking something like ATE but less dark, I really liked the not fatiguing sound of ATE, actually it was my favorite KZ but I always thought it lacked clarity in low/high end, the midrange was great though.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #12,109 of 63,930
Already ordered a pair of hybrids.

No way I'm gna pass up an opportunity to hear their first hybrid.

This thing is either going to sound like crap or blow the roof off of this hobby lol.

I'm opting for option #2
wink_face.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #12,111 of 63,930
me too friend, me too...

You were a big driver for me with KZ along with Wokei when I originally started looking at budget iem's and you both sold me on the ED9 which at the time was IMO a destroyer of a lot of iem's costing up to as much as 5-6 times as much
wink_face.gif
I'm thinking KZ is really having to step uop the game with all the new low cost hybrids coming out of China now, as I've said before I find the ZS3 to be a fitting end result to the ZS/ZN lineup as well as the ATR being the same for the ATE lineup. Once again IMO they are both bargains for the money
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #12,112 of 63,930

You were a big driver for me with KZ along with Wokei when I originally started looking at budget iem's and you both sold me on the ED9 which at the time was IMO a destroyer of a lot of iem's costing up to as much as 5-6 times as much
wink_face.gif
I'm thinking KZ is really having to step uop the game with all the new low cost hybrids coming out of China now, as I've said before I find the ZS3 to be a fitting end result to the ZS/ZN lineup as well as the ATR being the same for the ATE lineup. Once again IMO they are both bargains for the money
biggrin.gif

The ZS3 is better than the ZN1 (with the portable amp)?

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #12,113 of 63,930

The ZS3 is better than the ZN1 (with the portable amp)?

So far and IMO it is, I have done an AB with both a couple times now. Not to mention you don't have to find a reasonable setup strapping the ZN1 to your DAP! Still like my ZN1 but maybe just for home listening now
wink_face.gif

eek.gif

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #12,114 of 63,930
Unless you have a powerful amp and eq the ate is not bassier. The zircon is less than the zs3 as well..

To my ears both my zircon have more mid bass, sound cleaner, and reach way lower than the zs3. Maybe i'm not getting a proper seal with zs3, although to me it feels like i am as 1 side wants to constantly vacuum. As nice as they look, i've just given up trying to like them and the ed12.

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #12,115 of 63,930
To my ears both my zircon have more mid bass, sound cleaner, and reach way lower than the zs3. Maybe i'm not getting a proper seal with zs3, although to me it feels like i am as 1 side wants to constantly vacuum. As nice as they look, i've just given up trying to like them and the ed12.

Got the same annoying problem, need constantly to let air get into my ear canal. It seems that I got it fixed by using the smallest size tips that I got with the Monoprices. The standard small tips too suck my ear vacuum. If it all doesn't work I might poke a very small hole in the iems themselves so it can breath a little. It won't effect the isolation too much I think.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #12,116 of 63,930
just an impression comparing ZST & ZS3.
ZST has a wider soundstage and more pronounced trebles. It sounds more airy and has more nuances. Each note sounds slightly more dense and richer in harmonics as compared to ZS3. ZS3 however sounds more agile and has a more pronounced bass, which also handles complex fast music better, but generally sounds darker. I also thought the ZS3 renders the timbre of instruments more realistically.
These are initial observations on these 2 KZ earphones which both have yet to run in thoroughly. My observations may change as I run in these earphones further.
I tried playing the ZST with an old customized silver plated copper cable that was used with my westone4R. I have to say it sounded really good, rich harmonics and full bodied voices.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #12,117 of 63,930

So far and IMO it is, I have done an AB with both a couple times now. Not to mention you don't have to find a reasonable setup strapping the ZN1 to your DAP! Still like my ZN1 but maybe just for home listening now
wink_face.gif

eek.gif

Damn i already thought the ZN1 was close to the UE TF10 level except lacking some of the soundstage. Where is the best place to buy the ZS3? Gearbest or Ebay.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #12,118 of 63,930
Damn i already thought the ZN1 was close to the UE TF10 level except lacking some of the soundstage. Where is the best place to buy the ZS3? Gearbest or Ebay.

Id say Ali since you got much longer buyer protection. Been **** so often now by eBay members, not funny anymore. Ali works OK though. Gear best I don't know but probably safe too.

Sep 17, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #12,119 of 63,930
just an impression comparing ZST & ZS3.
ZST has a wider soundstage and more pronounced trebles. It sounds more airy and has more nuances. Each note sounds slightly more dense and richer in harmonics as compared to ZS3. ZS3 however sounds more agile and has a more pronounced bass, which also handles complex fast music better, but generally sounds darker. I also thought the ZS3 renders the timbre of instruments more realistically.
These are initial observations on these 2 KZ earphones which both have yet to run in thoroughly. My observations may change as I run in these earphones further.
I tried playing the ZST with an old customized silver plated copper cable that was used with my westone4R. I have to say it sounded really good, rich harmonics and full bodied voices.

Can you do a comparison of KZ-ATE, ZS3 and ZST in terms of size. I didn't buy the ATE because after trying it's a bit large for me.

Sep 17, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #12,120 of 63,930
hi cyrano13, i do not own the ATE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back