Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 18, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #11,222 of 63,874
  Can anyone clear up what the relationship is between QKZ and KZ are they the same company or is QKZ a rip off brand?

From what I understand, KZ and QKZ are both under the same company. The difference between the two is as follows:

KZ = their own in house design and manufactured IEMs.
QKZ = usually generic IEMs designed and manufactured by others, but sold by KZ.  If you look at a lot of the QKZ IEMs, the exact same designs pop up with other brands. 

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #11,223 of 63,874
Thanks Hapasam, that makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why the QKZ were popping up elsewhere with other brand names.

I'm guessing that KZ wanted to retail more earphones but rather than design them they just sourced them instead

Jun 19, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #11,225 of 63,874
'sup everybody. haven't posted here for about a year, maybe more :D

anyways, just ordered the KZ zs3. will do some little review when they arrive. it will be kind of an experiment with KZ - never got one. also interested in all this detachable cable thing...

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #11,226 of 63,874
So, I finally recieved the KZ-ZS3 just to find out it came defective! The right side is way louder, the screen is missing, and there's a rattling noise inside the housing.

.....yes, I did return them in exchange for another ZS3, but "QC" has always been an issue with KZ.
rolleyes.gif

I did get to hear them for a little and they might be the best sounding KZ, by far!....if only they can get the "QC" under control!

Well? I'll be waiting for the next one.....hope "QC" won't be a factor, again! 
angry_face.gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #11,227 of 63,874
  So, I finally recieved the KZ-ZS3 just to find out it came defective! The right side is way louder, the screen is missing, and there's a rattling noise inside the housing.

.....yes, I did return them in exchange for another ZS3, but "QC" has always been an issue with KZ.
rolleyes.gif

I did get to hear them for a little and they might be the best sounding KZ, by far!....if only they can get the "QC" under control!

angry_face.gif

That is a real shame mate. I bet it must be very frustrating for you as we're all excited about these new KZ. Hopefully the QC issue is not widespread with the ZS3.

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #11,229 of 63,874

.....yes, I did return them in exchange for another ZS3, but "QC" has always been an issue with KZ. :rolleyes:

Well? I'll be waiting for the next one.....hope "QC" won't be a factor, again!  :angry_face:

that sucks :/ hope mime will come without defects...this whole returning thing will most probably coat me more than these iems so yeah, don't really want to go down that route.

so how was the sound in the base departmemt? are they really controlled and tight as they promised?

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #11,230 of 63,874
KZ having QC issues again??? Seriously, I think KZ needs some rebranding and step-up to DD+BA territory or they will "fade" away beside all those cheap chinese IEM`s out there.

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #11,231 of 63,874
that sucks :/ hope mime will come without defects...this whole returning thing will most probably coat me more than these iems so yeah, don't really want to go down that route.

so how was the sound in the base departmemt? are they really controlled and tight as they promised?

Yea, I hope the second times a charm! The bass department is nice and tight. Well? That's what I got from the left side so far.

.....let's hope for the best.
smile.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #11,233 of 63,874
  KZ having QC issues again??? Seriously, I think KZ needs some rebranding and step-up to DD+BA territory or they will "fade" away beside all those cheap chinese IEM`s out there.

They probably don't think much about the QC and prefer to just have a ton of sales volume... which is sad because their in house IEM are really good

Jun 20, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #11,235 of 63,874

rolleyes.gif

angry_face.gif

That's a bummer :frowning2: Nice packaging though...heh. Hopefully this is going to be a 'one-off' QC issue and as long as they're more reliable than the HDS3 I think it'll be fine. Seems like I was one of the few that got a working version of those. Not a huge win because they kinda suck, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back