Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 20, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #11,236 of 64,137
  So, I finally recieved the KZ-ZS3 just to find out it came defective! The right side is way louder, the screen is missing, and there's a rattling noise inside the housing.

.....yes, I did return them in exchange for another ZS3, but "QC" has always been an issue with KZ.
rolleyes.gif

I did get to hear them for a little and they might be the best sounding KZ, by far!....if only they can get the "QC" under control!

Well? I'll be waiting for the next one.....hope "QC" won't be a factor, again! 
angry_face.gif

I hope the bass is not too much like all other ''sports'' KZ (ATES,ZS1 and ZS2)
Really like the Ates but the bass is slightly more than I like
The ZS3 is now at 15$ at aliexpress now that we have more shops that have it :wink:

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #11,237 of 64,137
vegetaleb

They did say that "we have retune the ZS3 base frequency, highlights the detail signal, rather than deliberately amplifying the bass signal in the music." they know that " ... music lovers like not DREARY BASS, but rich texture and full of powerful bass"

^ seems like they intended to make it more controlled and tight, but present. and that seems to be the case with very limited impressions...

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #11,238 of 64,137

That's a bummer :frowning2: Nice packaging though...heh. Hopefully this is going to be a 'one-off' QC issue and as long as they're more reliable than the HDS3 I think it'll be fine. Seems like I was one of the few that got a working version of those. Not a huge win because they kinda suck, haha.

I kind of like the fact that KZ is taking their time, I think they have established them selves enough to do just that. KZ sells a lot of budget iem by what I've seen and sure they do need to get into hybrid releases in the future but packaging is getting better, offering a removable cable now and hopefully (QC issues aside) this new ZS is improved over the last ones. They sure are a good looking iem
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #11,239 of 64,137
i like ate/ed9 packaging better... ah well, at least its not the black small cardboard like pretty much kz iem

about QC, can't really expect much from KZ, since i heard plenty of edr2 were shipped without glue on the housing(including mine)

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #11,240 of 64,137
  vegetaleb

They did say that "we have retune the ZS3 base frequency, highlights the detail signal, rather than deliberately amplifying the bass signal in the music." they know that " ... music lovers like not DREARY BASS, but rich texture and full of powerful bass"

^ seems like they intended to make it more controlled and tight, but present. and that seems to be the case with very limited impressions...

Definitely, it was more controlled, tight with transparency and high definition from the little I heard. I'm sure (if QC isn't an issue) they might turn out to be their best, yet! .....I'm hoping it was worth the exchange for another one.

Jun 20, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #11,242 of 64,137
@1clearhead - I understand you may not be in a right position to answer this query (due to defective ZS3 piece that you have) but I am still asking you

Which one of the ZS3 or Joyroom E107 would you prefer for casual listening (or say which one offers best bang for the buck) ?

Do you think Joyroom E107 is a pretty solid competitor or good enough to surpass most KZ models that you have?

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #11,243 of 64,137

From which seller did you get it?

Original KZ distributor from taobao in China, since I live in China. .....I know, it's a bummer!

@1clearhead - I understand you may not be in a right position to answer this query (due to defective ZS3 piece that you have) but I am still asking you

Which one of the ZS3 or Joyroom E107 would you prefer for casual listening (or say which one offers best bang for the buck) ?

Do you think Joyroom E107 is a pretty solid competitor or good enough to surpass most KZ models that you have?

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

Yea, it's a little hard to comment since their was initially no burn in time given. So, here is what I got out of it.....the Joyroom E107 are a little similar in range and coherence, but the ZS3 sounded a little more open and transparent. Kind of reminded me of the DITA -Truth Edition, even though it sounds like a long shot! Casual listening and comfort could go either way, but best bang for the buck has to go to the ZS3's.

I personally think the Joyroom E107 surpasses 80% of all KZ models in SQ alone, but the ZS3's "after burn-in" can surpass the E107's.....unless QC becomes an issue. I'm hoping it doesn't.

Jun 20, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #11,244 of 64,137

Yea, it's a little hard to comment since their was initially no burn in time given. So, here is what I got out of it.....the Joyroom E107 are a little similar in range and coherence, but the ZS3 sounded a little more open and transparent. Kind of reminded me of the DITA -Truth Edition, even though it sounds like a long shot! Casual listening and comfort could go either way, but best bang for the buck has to go to the ZS3's.

I personally think the Joyroom E107 surpasses 80% of all KZ models in SQ alone, but the ZS3's "after burn-in" can surpass the E107's.....unless QC becomes an issue. I'm hoping it doesn't.

I just made an order for ZS3 from GB for under US$ 13 (shipped to India), I hope its a good purchase and has no QC issues :)

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #11,245 of 64,137
  I just made an order for ZS3 from GB for under US$ 13 (shipped to India), I hope its a good purchase and has no QC issues :)

GB = Gearbest? Do you have a link please, I can't find them on there.

Jun 21, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #11,248 of 64,137
Thanks chaps, found it, I think I'll order some.
beerchug.gif

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #11,250 of 64,137

Users who are viewing this thread

Back