Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 25, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #11,267 of 64,286
The ZS3's design seems pretty complex compared to anything KZ has made in the past, so I'm not entirely shocked to hear they're having issues with it. Disappointed slightly, but not surprised. The fact that they issued a recall shows they are trying to address QC issues. How aggressively, I guess we will find out once they start to get into more hands. I'm hoping for the best!

On the plus side, KZ offered the ED2 as compensation. The seller mentioned they would be sending one along which I declined (not their fault, why should they compensate?), but they said it was per the manufacturer, I guess the KZ shootout when finally written will also include the ED2 and I can finally put to rest if they are the same as the EDse. :D

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #11,268 of 64,286

+1 Vishal, I feel the same but others may not. Good sealing tips on the brass filter can result in some fine sound for a $14 iem:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@seanwee ED3 is my recommendation for crispy speedness. ED9 is great, but I find it's treble is a bit loose.

@BananaOne Some good KZ's to start with are ED9 (all-rounder), ED10 (similar to ED9 w/gold filter, but more refined), EDR2 (neutral-ish with a treble bump, excellent techincal ability for such a cheap iem), ED3 (bright with nice vocals and quick, tight bass).

On another note, seems KZ's QC woes continue with the ZS3. Sounds like they've recalled the first batch. I just received this message from my seller.

"Factory to produce the first batch of the product in question, the requirements of manufacturers of all returned products, but mold damage Today, about 15 days to send (about July 10)"

Maybe the damage to the mold explained the rattling sound @1clearhead was experiencing.

THX !!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #11,269 of 64,286
  @seanwee ED3 is my recommendation for crispy speedness. ED9 is great, but I find it's treble is a bit loose.

@BananaOne Some good KZ's to start with are ED9 (all-rounder), ED10 (similar to ED9 w/gold filter, but more refined), EDR2 (neutral-ish with a treble bump, excellent techincal ability for such a cheap iem), ED3 (bright with nice vocals and quick, tight bass).

On another note, seems KZ's QC woes continue with the ZS3. Sounds like they've recalled the first batch. I just received this message from my seller.

"Factory to produce the first batch of the product in question, the requirements of manufacturers of all returned products, but mold damage Today, about 15 days to send (about July 10)"

Maybe the damage to the mold explained the rattling sound @1clearhead was experiencing.

I just received my ZS3 today and am rather disappointed with it! There is rattling sound in the right ear piece, along with obvious channel imbalance in which the right ear piece is much louder than the left one. I bought it thru the KZ official store, and I am wondering if anyone have any experience with exchanging? I actually asked a friend to help me out because of my limited Chinese. I don't want to give him too much hassle...

On the other hand, I can't find the ZS3 anymore in the official taobao store as well!

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #11,270 of 64,286
I'm pretty sure FiiO pulled back to stop the QC bleeding of the first run is how I understand it. Great design I think they just tried to rush to market:smirk:

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #11,271 of 64,286

+1 I'm hoping that the second time around should be the charm!.....I hope! 

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #11,273 of 64,286
That's a shame. Hope that they can they do better on their next batch. Waiting for reviews because right now I want to see if they can fair with Tennmak Pro. Sure, tennmak may be a better choice but they did say in the item's description that this was specially made for rock music. So now I'm a little intrigued.

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #11,278 of 64,286
Hii friends M new here.. I know it may be old and already discussed topic... But i want to buy kz which one should i go with. 1-kz ATE. 2- kz ATE S 3- KZ ED9

PLEASE HELP

ED9 gives you the option to customise the sound with an interchangeable nozzle system. The ATE are a good earphone but the ED9 is better unless you prefer a bit more bass. 

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #11,279 of 64,286
ED9 gives you the option to customise the sound with an interchangeable nozzle system. The ATE are a good earphone but the ED9 is better unless you prefer a bit more bass. 

Thanq for reply... I read somewhere that ed 9 is heavy and uncomfortable during exercise use?
And please tell is there any difference between kz ate and ate s.. Which one give clear and better output?

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #11,280 of 64,286
Haha! KZ just refunded my money back from taobao on my KZ-ZS3 order! They are not taking any orders on the ZS3 until later next month.
----> It looks like there's going to be some repercussions at the KZ company for all the bad batches made!  
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back