Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #9,766 of 63,914
Anybody owns black ED9? May I have the pics pls? Want to see how it looks in real. 

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #9,767 of 63,914
  Anybody owns black ED9? May I have the pics pls? Want to see how it looks in real. 

You know I do Bro
biggrin.gif
They be Saxy
tongue_smile.gif

Here's one with less fodder in the background
eek.gif
LOL

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #9,768 of 63,914
Podster your killing me...if I didn't have 2 pair in chrome...
frown.gif

or the 15 other pairs just sitting around...
blink.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #9,769 of 63,914
  Podster your killing me...if I didn't have 2 pair in chrome...
frown.gif

or the 15 other pairs just sitting around...
blink.gif

LOL, funny thing is I've probably given 5 of the silver pair away! Still have two and now the black.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #9,770 of 63,914
Hello, long time lurker here.
Received edr2 and hds3 yesterday, my first KZ purchase. Quite impressed by the sound on both. Great deal below $6.

I thank you all for helping me make this purchase. :D

Waiting for monks and ate now. Hoping to get them soon. :)

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #9,771 of 63,914
Hello, long time lurker here.
Received edr2 and hds3 yesterday, my first KZ purchase. Quite impressed by the sound on both. Great deal below $6.

I thank you all for helping me make this purchase.
biggrin.gif

Waiting for monks and ate now. Hoping to get them soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Great, and welcome to this thread. Though seems like you're quite familiar to it already xD 

I'm also waiting for Monks, which are still at least a week away from reaching. Heard great things about 'em. 

I had received HDS3 few days ago but sadly it was a faulty pair. The replacement is on the way and shall reach within 3-4 days. I hope this time it'd be good one.
How do you feel about those?

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #9,773 of 63,914
Hey guys, i just learned about this brand and i need a new temp pair of IEMs cause my current ones broke. 

Im a bit confused by their range, as they have so much. So what would you guys recommend? I listen to Rap (electronic/soul sounding ones; Kanye West, Chance the Rapper, Goldlink etc) and Chill Trap/Future (Flume, MuraMasa, etc)

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #9,774 of 63,914
  Hey guys, i just learned about this brand and i need a new temp pair of IEMs cause my current ones broke. 

Im a bit confused by their range, as they have so much. So what would you guys recommend? I listen to Rap (electronic/soul sounding ones; Kanye West, Chance the Rapper, Goldlink etc) and Chill Trap/Future (Flume, MuraMasa, etc)

I prefer black KZ-ATE S.  It really shines when you have high fidelity music source.  

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #9,775 of 63,914
  I prefer black KZ-ATE S.  It really shines when you have high fidelity music source.  

Hey ili, this is what I mean about we all hear differently. Most in this KZ thread prefer the original silver or Translucent to the S model! My take is if it sounds right for you then it must be right
wink_face.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #9,776 of 63,914
Forgot to mention that I got again not enough eartips with my KZ! With ED9 I only got 1 small eartip and now with EDR2 I got only 1 normal eartip. And I only use small and normal so it is quite frustrating, also when I want to give some away as presents.

Same issue with my ATE-S. Only one foam eartip was included. I use them for running and was going to use the silicone anyway, so it wasn't a big deal this time. Knowing it wasn't just an isolated case I feel like I should order tips along with my next KZ purchase though. Hopefully they get their packaging line worked out.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #9,777 of 63,914
Has anyone ordered ZS2 yet?

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #9,778 of 63,914
  Same issue with my ATE-S. Only one foam eartip was included. I use them for running and was going to use the silicone anyway, so it wasn't a big deal this time. Knowing it wasn't just an isolated case I feel like I should order tips along with my next KZ purchase though. Hopefully they get their packaging line worked out.

I think this really has to do with the seller and what they do or do not do for the buyer! Of course if your like the rest of us KZ Loons and have order 12 to 15 pair of KZ's you have a plethora of tips
blink.gif
I've gotten KZ's with a pair on and then maybe a set of foams but then I've gotten some with 2/3 pair of foams and 4 silicone sets!

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #9,779 of 63,914

If you want a bass centric kz then look at the zs1. Opinion on these is mixed, but I think they they're a fun listen. There us a new zs2 but I've not heard it or seen it reviewed yet.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #9,780 of 63,914
I'm interested to know if anyone here uses an amp with their KZ. It seems like most KZ users are using it directly from a phone.

The KZ ATE is serious bass with an amp. Is the ZX bassier with an amp?

It seems EQ isn't even necessary, just the extra power from an amp gives the great bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back