Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 9, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #8,821 of 63,889
btw,which filter you referring to?......

Both the gold and brass nozzles have that high siblance. The ED9 has nice detail and sound stage, but the harshness is what put me away.

The S3 is really amazing. Think ED3 Youth but with slightly more laid back bass with clearer mids and highs, and slight wider sound stage. So yeah whichever Aliexpress seller was that who said there is no difference between the ED3 and S3, she needs to get better ways. :wink:

I might wanna pick up a second set now. :D

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #8,823 of 63,889
Guys, don't know if someone already made this, but if you close the ANV's front "breathing" hole, it will become something much-much better than before. ANV was my favourite KZ from the first moment, but yes, bass is behind mids and there's a peak in the upper mids, it can be a bit sharp - those will be gone if you close the front hole. After it, ANV will be more natural and somewhat darker, bass becomes much stronger, hits hard, goes low, and the sharp upper mids are gone. It still has awesome soundstage, it won't be V or anything basshead, but its bass will please most people I'm sure, and way better than all of the other KZ's or nearly anything I've heard (EDR1, ED3, ATE, ED9, ED10, Rock Zircon, Beyer DTX80, various Xears and Sennheiser CX 'phones, only Ali CKR9LTD can compete with it). Try it with some adhesive tape!

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #8,824 of 63,889
  Some casual reviews of the ED3c, ZS1, and the HDS1. Enjoy!

ED3c:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-ed3c-vigorous-bass-stereo-music-in-ear-monitor-headphones-earbud-with-microphone-red/reviews/14976

ZS1:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-zs1-dual-driver-extra-bass-wide-sound-field-sport-in-ear-monitors-headphones-with-microphone/reviews/14975

HDS1:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/binmer-tm-kz-hds1-mini-metal-diy-headset-hd-dynamic-pronunciation-ear-headphones-silver/reviews/14974

Hey B9, I find the HDS1 to isolate quite well actually, how come you dont?

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #8,825 of 63,889
Hey B9, I find the HDS1 to isolate quite well actually, how come you dont?

Not sure. I felt the same about the S500i. Both isolate about as well as the Titan 1 for me, which as you can imagine is not well, haha.

Had lots of opportunity to test them in noisy environments over the last few months too. Maybe it's just due to my ear anatomy, or the HDS1's semi-open design, or a combination of the two.

Doesn't detract from the HDS1 being great though :)

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #8,826 of 63,889
KZ earphones might have different sound of each same product name. So the problem might be its product quality. 

For example,  ATE depends on the condition of its bent hole.  
Although my ATE has no problem, some ATEs were stuck their holes with bond and then their ATEs' sound in fogs and different buss from the normal ATEs.

And also I have a different experience as following:
The early time of my ED9 was different volume or sound tendency between both sides. However my ED9 repaired. I cleaned up its vent holes by using a needle. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #8,827 of 63,889
Hi,
I bought
KZ SE with mic and the micro earphones model, with both i have the same problem-compatibility with mobile phone, they work fine on my pc, but on slightest movement connection is lost on mobile phone, I have tried few, android and Iphone.

I was thinking to buy an adapter, but do not know which one

http://www.aliexpress.com/af/omtp-to-ctia.html?ltype=wholesale&SearchText=omtp+to+ctia&d=y&origin=n&initiative_id=SB_20160109034949&isViewCP=y&catId=0

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #8,828 of 63,889
  Hi,
I bought
KZ SE with mic and the micro earphones model, with both i have the same problem-compatibility with mobile phone, they work fine on my pc, but on slightest movement connection is lost on mobile phone, I have tried few, android and Iphone.

I was thinking to buy an adapter, but do not know which one

http://www.aliexpress.com/af/omtp-to-ctia.html?ltype=wholesale&SearchText=omtp+to+ctia&d=y&origin=n&initiative_id=SB_20160109034949&isViewCP=y&catId=0

That definitely won't work for any phone if you really buy any of those adaptors. 

Firstly if you really want to use it, get a 3.5mm extension since you say it disconnects for you. It's not a compatibility problem it's a issue of it/your phone's jack being loose.

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #8,829 of 63,889
like fast beat? Get most kz ed? According to most of expert in this thread ed9 is the top,majority in this thread pick up ed9 as its desigb,packaging,noticeable sound shape etc. Just get yourself ready to read this whole thread in order to get the most out it XD

Not merely fast beat (often that too), but very fast instrumentation, especially the close miked drums of extreme metal. If the drummer is playing a double bass drum at 300 beats per minute, even very good earphones might have trouble representing the bass impact and the space between each beat properly. It requires earphones with subbass impact, but without midbass bloat. In comparison, from what I read about the Rock Zircons, they probably don't have the right bass shape and speed. Most reviews on this thread don't directly address impact speed and resolution. It can also be thought of like a reverb effect. The more of a reverb present, the slower the resolution.

Take this extreme metal Beethoven example. (I could easily give heavier examples, but this example also provides a point of familiarity for everyone.) The ED10 is able to keep up very well.

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #8,830 of 63,889

Not merely fast beat (often that too), but very fast instrumentation, especially the close miked drums of extreme metal. If the drummer is playing a double bass drum at 300 beats per minute, even very good earphones might have trouble representing the bass impact and the space between each beat properly. It requires earphones with subbass impact, but without midbass bloat. In comparison, from what I read about the Rock Zircons, they probably don't have the right bass shape and speed. Most reviews on this thread don't directly address impact speed and resolution. It can also be thought of like a reverb effect. The more of a reverb present, the slower the resolution.

Take this extreme metal Beethoven example. (I could easily give heavier examples, but this example also provides a point of familiarity for everyone.) The ED10 is able to keep up very well.

In @cr0wnest's words : ED10 or 11 both are bad. (Since nobody believes me that my ED10 is not broken) 

And the ED9 sounds like a hot mess with the uncontrolled sibilance. You want controlled bass get the ZN1 Mini simple as that.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #8,831 of 63,889
In @cr0wnest
's words : ED10 or 11 both are bad. (Since nobody believes me that my ED10 is not broken) 

And the ED9 sounds like a hot mess with the uncontrolled sibilance. You want controlled bass get the ZN1 Mini simple as that.

Personal preferences man. Some us us quite like the ED10, myself included. ED9 is good too, but I agree that they are pretty wild in their treble (with either filter). Question about your ED9. Does it have a mesh filter inside the housing covering the driver?

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #8,834 of 63,889
What's the difference between these:

ATE vs ATE-S
ED9 vs ED9 (black shell)

I used to have the ATE-S, and only briefly tried the ATE today. The ATE-S just has a lot more bass (to the point where it booms a lot) and has memory wire. The normal ATE is much more balanced (Although still leaning towards bassy) and does not have memory wire. Instead it has weights to keep the wire down. I would go for the normal ATE if you're considering getting one.

I dont have the black ED9 but from what I know there are no differences in sound. Its just a different colored housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back