Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 23, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #8,431 of 64,162
Hey Dave, I'm pretty sure they just misspelled Mini it's really supposed to say minus as in the amp/eq box is gone now unless those little buggers have hidden it within the "Y" splitter:eek:

Awe come on, I like the idea of Zn1 "mini"!! It's descriptive, understandable and a only 2000 pieces no reason to confuse me by having to learn something new! Oh by the way. Merry Christmas or Happy holiday or ???

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #8,433 of 64,162
Don't really see it as a must buy. There are several around $10-12, but they have epacket and possibly more substantial packaging/case.

Sorry about that I should have phrased it " for me it's a must buy". I really like my Zn1's and much about the Zs1's. So I am very interested in hearing this intermediate step with in the "Z" class. For me it's well worth $8.00 to have a pair. Epacket? I've found for me it's not critical to have, nice but not critical. As far as packaging, Kz the packaging has gotten pretty consistant and have yet to recieve a damaged pair nor a defective pair. I'm not sure it ever really factored into the buying decision anyway. But I take you point and have some of those other $10.00, $12.00 phones coming as well.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #8,436 of 64,162
Got my hands on a KZ ED Special Edition and I am completely blown away. There is no way these can cost 7 USD and sound this good. The bass can be a bit too boomy on some tracks and the overall signature somewhat V shaped, but whoa am I impressed. It's got a pretty decent sound stage and the highs are just right.

Cant wait for my ZS1, ATE-S and ED-9 to arrive!

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #8,438 of 64,162
Anyone have tried the kz ed9s (kz ed9 black version)??
Can you post any real pic of it??
wanna see how good it look

As discussed earlier it's a ed9 in black. That's it.
Got my hands on a KZ ED Special Edition and I am completely blown away. There is no way these can cost 7 USD and sound this good. The bass can be a bit too boomy on some tracks and the overall signature somewhat V shaped, but whoa am I impressed. It's got a pretty decent sound stage and the highs are just right.

Then you must find a S3. It is out of this world.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #8,440 of 64,162

It just doesn't make any sense does granted I paid upwards of $10.00 for mine but what still surprises me ( also with the HD1) is that it's just such a small driver with such big sound. The next surprise for you will be that ED9, they are just as surprising but with more, simply more. The bass in the Zs1 will amaze and the ATE has different attributes all together. So just thi?nk more to come!

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #8,441 of 64,162
Anyone have tried the kz ed9s (kz ed9 black version)??
Can you post any real pic of it??
wanna see how good it look

There you go bud, look cool IMO :)

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #8,442 of 64,162
  Hi guys,

I'm looking for new IEM's and for what I've red I think these will suit me best:
ED3 S3
HDS1
ED9
ED4

I prefer (a slightly bright) balanced sound and I don't like too many bass, too many as in a overpowering bassguitar which drowns out the other instruments. I also prefer natural vocals en a crisp treble, without sounding harsh. I'll like to hear your opinions and advice on choosing the right IEM for me. Many thanks in advance.

+1 ....Don't forget the ED11 to seal the deal! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #8,443 of 64,162
+1 ....Don't forget the ED11 to seal the deal!  :beerchug:

The sound you say you like is the ED9, buy two pair of Black and I'll trade ya for one of my three silver pairs:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You will like all thise you have listed but I'm betting you pick the ED9 for their clarity and sweet treble:wink:

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #8,445 of 64,162
The sound you say you like is the ED9, buy two pair of Black and I'll trade ya for one of my three silver pairs:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You will like all thise you have listed but I'm betting you pick the ED9 for their clarity and sweet treble:wink:

Haha. I believe you wanted to post this to noef. Right?

Just go to his original posting.....though it sounds tempting to me.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back