Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 10, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #6,738 of 64,160
Quick question. I've demoed and love the sound signature of the Havi B3 Pro 1. I'm kinda interested with the ATE the most, probably because of the cable up style. Does the ATE have the same sound signature, namely balance and wide soundstage, of the Havi? 

Oct 10, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #6,739 of 64,160
Quick question. I've demoed and love the sound signature of the Havi B3 Pro 1. I'm kinda interested with the ATE the most, probably because of the cable up style. Does the ATE have the same sound signature, namely balance and wide soundstage, of the Havi? 

Bass on havi is bigger and deeper, also pro1 has a clearer vocal and highs. Soundstage is wider and more airy. Pro1 is way better than ate. But for the price, ate is much better than the money you spend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #6,740 of 64,160
Bass on havi is bigger and deeper, also pro1 has a clearer vocal and highs. Soundstage is wider and more airy. Pro1 is way better than ate. But for the price, ate is much better than the money you spend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

+1, spot on!

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #6,741 of 64,160

Get The Havi. Just keep in mind you might need an amp. I tried it with my Clip+ and ipod mini and neither sounded great until I added a NX1. OTOH the XDuoo X2 can pretty much drive it with ease and make it sing. I found the ATE to be pretty laid back and the highs were knda veiled.

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #6,742 of 64,160

Closest thing to the Havi is the ED9, and honestly, even they both have different enough sound signatures that it wouldn't be strange to have both. ED9 focuses more on mid bass more than havi's lower bass and has more lower treble presence, but overall has a faux-neutral signature similar to the Havi though everything sounds metallic and there's less isolation on the ED9 because to get that big airy sound, its heavily vented.

So might as well get the Havi if you enjoy its signature because its outright unique among IEM's, it would be tough to find something else like it.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #6,743 of 64,160
Not sure if it's just me... but did anyone here notice a difference when you use a better dac for kz ate?

Initially was due to my pc headphone out jack not functioning,  so I replaced it with a $10 pcm2704 based usb dac and omg, I didn't expected it to sound better than if I use galaxy s3 phone out...

Oct 11, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #6,745 of 64,160
Received my ed11's yesterday. Detail is good, very clean sounding phone. Doesn't have the bass ed10 had but has just the right amount. Nice balance. Hats off to KZ

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #6,746 of 64,160
Received my ed11's yesterday. Detail is good, very clean sounding phone. Doesn't have the bass ed10 had but has just the right amount. Nice balance. Hats off to KZ

Cool, how does it compare to the rest of the likes of the ED9 which also could be described as such, if you have experience with it?

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #6,747 of 64,160
I received my ed. 11 last week as well. Can't compare it to the 9 or 10 as I don't have either.
Quite impressed with it, I think it has more than plenty of bass, and overall nice highs as well. Sound to me is a bit V shaped but quite enjoyable.
Grand slam for the price.

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #6,748 of 64,160
Cool, how does it compare to the rest of the likes of the ED9 which also could be described as such, if you have experience with it?
I've got both ed9 &10, it's just as good as ed10 imo, but ed9 is more detailed.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #6,749 of 64,160
Received ED10 this morning. OOTB with stock tips (especially with the blue core tips), had driver flex in both the sides. Tried tip rolling, found Sony MH1's Medium tips to give me better fit. With this tip, driver-flex is gone for the time being (hope it stays that way). Cable is rubbery/springy one (like ATEs). The overall build quality is pretty ok (mine had its paint worn off at some parts of the body, though).

Sound Quality (with just over 4 hours of usage) - These sound to me like a repackaged EDSE. On many songs that I had tried so far, Treble appears to be bit too Metalic/Shouty/Grainy(?) for my liking. Bass quantity/quality and Mids seems pretty much similar to my EDSE. BTW, these are not as detailed as my ED9 Bronze filter and also doesn't seems to possess wider soundstage of ATEs. Reading from other users' impression on these, I hope mine is not a faulty unit. May be with more usage this sound signature may change to some extent (especially the troublesome treble part). 

Sound gear used - Fiio X1 + NX1 combo (tried with both line out option as well as headphone out), OnePlus One (at 60% volume)

Music tested - Alesso's Forever, Amy Winehouse's Frank, The Fray's Scar and Stories, David Guetta's Listen (all are in 256 kbps M4A format)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back