Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 6, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #6,706 of 64,382

Grrrrrr 
mad.gif

I've gotta check my other KZ IEMs (EDSE, ATE, ED9) tomorrow to figure out whether they suffer from the same issue. All I know is that my ZN1 does.

If they also do, I think I'll solder an adapter myself when I find the time to. Don't know if I've got spare sockets left anymore, though.

Still waiting for my ED10 to arrive...

I think CBF- only meant the L/R indicators were printed on the wrong sides.
3 days isn't all that bad... it took me more than 3 days to realize the actual channels on my ZN1 were swapped, and that was only because I used them for CS:GO xD

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #6,707 of 64,382
Oct 6, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #6,708 of 64,382
  Has anyone here try the KZ HDS1? They are also referred as KZ MINI (not to be confused with KZ MICRO). They carry upto 6 different colors with 6mm dynamic speakers. They look really tempting!

Here goes some picks.....

I only have this link from the taobao website for KZ.....
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.ykjxAo&id=522569365805&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&abbucket=4&skuId=3110968747690

Ordered a pair in milk white a week or so ago. Waiting on them to arrive.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #6,711 of 64,382
@CoiL i see you have modded your ATE. I am thinking of trying my ATE's Open back. Could you direct me as to how do i go along with opening the back covers? Do i need to blow hot air on them and pull them apart or something? I do not want to damage the covers as i might wanna replace them if i don't like the open back sound.

Thanks

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #6,713 of 64,382
  @CoiL i see you have modded your ATE. I am thinking of trying my ATE's Open back. Could you direct me as to how do i go along with opening the back covers? Do i need to blow hot air on them and pull them apart or something? I do not want to damage the covers as i might wanna replace them if i don't like the open back sound.

Thanks

Please check thread gallery and ilikeiem`s post with pictures. No need for anything hot.

Btw, I think I prefer wooden Yinjw`s over ED10 and ED9, not sure yet if they best out ATE-b.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #6,714 of 64,382
  Please check thread gallery and ilikeiem`s post with pictures. No need for anything hot.

Btw, I think I prefer wooden Yinjw`s over ED10 and ED9, not sure yet if they best out ATE-b.

CoiL could you give us a link to where you bought yours? 
Yinjw wooden...

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #6,715 of 64,382
I don`t like to post straight links in other IEM dedicated thread but will redirect You here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/18795#post_11973260

I think they are about same lvl SQ as stock ATE-b... can`t do comparison atm because my last pair of stock ATE-b is with my friend who Idk when I will meet.
But I think ATE-b FF-mod is still my favourite  - it has clearer/tighter bass and more neutral/balanced sound signature. Yinjw bass is more "boomy" and littlebit more elevated compared to FF-mod but not like basshead-elevated - still very enjoyable and natural and not fatiguing. Think this comparison as tube/ss hybrid vs. pure tube sound... something like that.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #6,716 of 64,382
Coil how do you compare the KZ iems to other budget iem's such as the Tenore and the T1e? I only have the ED9 and I only see modest amount of possible improvement for it. It sounds more lively with an amp but there is nothing in the world that could give it sub bass, it will drop off a cliff no matter what, so I'm surprised you believe in them so much that you make expensive mods for them.

If someone modded the Tenore to not be a piece of crap that breaks in 4 months, we would have a perfect budget headphone.

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #6,718 of 64,382
Coil how do you compare the KZ iems to other budget iem's such as the Tenore and the T1e? I only have the ED9 and I only see modest amount of possible improvement for it. It sounds more lively with an amp but there is nothing in the world that could give it sub bass, it will drop off a cliff no matter what, so I'm surprised you believe in them so much that you make expensive mods for them.

If someone modded the Tenore to not be a piece of crap that breaks in 4 months, we would have a perfect budget headphone.

Not we, you :wink:

Personal preference my friend......

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #6,719 of 64,382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back