Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 26, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #6,616 of 64,389
So after some extensive listening to the ED9, ATE & ED10 I've come to the conclusion that the ED9 has the most pleasing sound signature for me. I am also using the brass/dull nozzles with a warning that both pairs I received (I ordered a backup pair) had the stock paper filters lifted\curled up off the inside wall of the nozzle. I ended up taking mine to work and using my microscope and a gauge pin to properly seat or stick the filter in place. I also put a very small amount of air filter material in the nozzles of one of the pairs. It changes the sound just a bit seeming to defuse the highs a touch...I like it.
I'm amazed at the level of detail that the ED9 can produce. Amazing cheap little IEM that I will be keeping as one of my go to IEM's. Great job Kz!
Check out Ozric Tentacles ~ Strangeitude track 2...
etysmile.gif
very nice for 12 bucks.

ATE is also a great option but fit design is an issue for me and they are more laid back compaired to the ED9 but they have such a pleasing character to them... they are my next favorite.

The ED10 is so impressive OOTB with impact and an overall impressive sound that rocks but as you listen more and more begin to begin to detect a slight raggedness in the highs that manifest itselves at times with certain material that I do not experience with either the ED9 or ATE.

System is NAD C542 to a Beresford Bushmaster MKII to a Capella amp.

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #6,617 of 64,389
Ive just been listening to all 3 of them too, and although i've stated that i wasn't really happy with they bass, i've noticed the bass sounds much more impactful through my laptop then on my phone, as do the other iems. Listening to Wu Tang - Enter the 36 Chambers in FLAC on my laptop id rate them ED10, ED9, ATE, but with dance music i prefer the mid bass power of the ED9s

Anyone else had any volume / sound quality (mostly bass) issues using them with a relatively cheap phone?

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #6,618 of 64,389

Anyone else had any volume / sound quality (mostly bass) issues using them with a relatively cheap phone?

Yep, it is very noticeable. They scale well for such a cheap IEM.
Best for me was Cayin C5 with a custom opamp. Separation/detail/sound-stage were waaaaaay beyond the price.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #6,624 of 64,389
hallo guys 

i wanna ask is there any review for knowledge ie 80? is this iem worth? because it's really like fake sennheiser ie80 

is this iem good ? please link me any impressions i am looking for budget iem for listening to jpop jrock and anisong stuff any help guys?

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #6,625 of 64,389
+1 ED9's here
wink_face.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #6,626 of 64,389
hallo guys 

i wanna ask is there any review for knowledge ie 80? is this iem worth? because it's really like fake sennheiser ie80 

is this iem good ? please link me any impressions i am looking for budget iem for listening to jpop jrock and anisong stuff any help guys?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-IE80-high-fidelity-noise-isolating-ear-canal-phones-with-excellent-soundstage-retail-box-and/1543226469.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.2.8cIMCu&ws_ab_test=201556_3,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,201409_4

Have some good reviews but also a dude said there werent "beats" quality lol, and they dont exactly set standards so yeah, there are positive reviews, but saying something is good without comparing it to something else or describing the sound signature is more or less meaningless, just my view :cool:

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #6,627 of 64,389
Is there anyone here finding the KZ ANV to have slightly recessed mids? The bass is strong and very nice, the trebles are tamed nicely when put some cloth in the tip (thanks to B9) but especially male vocals sound somewhat thin. They make me think about the MP8320; good bass and airy mids and trebles. The MPs had the same "prolem" with male vocals though, female vocals are good.

Due to the bass response and the GK logo on the earphones Im quite sure I have the newest version (also asked the seller) so it could be a preference issue.

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #6,629 of 64,389
Dang, hope the pair on the way to me was not from that run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back