Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #4,621 of 63,914
How is the KZ ANV? I can't really find a substantial review on it such as sound, isolation, fit, etc. Also, the models are sort of confusing since descriptions mention 2013 and 2014.. Is there a 2013 and 2014 version that look the same?

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #4,622 of 63,914
  idk this store was selling ED9 for like $6 and I've s well ordered one pair from em. There's still some time for that pair to arrive. Let's see. 
I wild guess is that they got hold of defective batch of ED9 and sold for cheap? Just a wild guess. Otherwise they're too generous to sell it for less than $6, shipping included.

Doubt it. Sellers on online platforms such as eBay and Ali do this all the time to get increased orders to their stores and gain feedback. Essentially a loss leader.

Jun 16, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #4,623 of 63,914
Pass on it.

Too warm and not enough top end to support the low frequencies.

My opinion

smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx HiFi.  It's nice to have an opinion of someone who can save you some $$$$.

God Knows how much your confounded reviews have cost me all ready.....
ksc75smile.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jun 16, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #4,624 of 63,914
  How is the KZ ANV? I can't really find a substantial review on it such as sound, isolation, fit, etc. Also, the models are sort of confusing since descriptions mention 2013 and 2014.. Is there a 2013 and 2014 version that look the same?

smily_headphones1.gif
I have a Pair that I am breaking in right now. I've only had an initial listen but from the little I have heard They are very Full, Balanced and Fairly flat EQ-wise. I am taking them on my 10 Hr. nightly Run to Cincinnati tomorrow night with 50 Hrs. Burn-in on them, and I will be able to give you more info/impressions then. Mine appear to be Ceramic and say GK on the driver backs, also left/right is written in silvery-gold script on the tops.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #4,625 of 63,914
Ok, so I've talked with the support over at the kz official store at aliexpress. I spoke with them in Mandarin and they seem friendlier and more glad to answer my questions.

Ed10 will be their last "traditional style" earphone. From what the person said, ed9 might still have the better sound quality, but ed10 uses a speaker from a well known earphone brand, so the sound quality is still very good.

As for the newest earphone that is coming out, I don't really understand what type of earphone is that but he said it is going to be a very good one.

Okay, after some googling. I've come to the conclusion that the next earphone is just a earphone with volume control for smart phones.not some next gen smart or intelligent tuning.

Something to add on, I'm starting to think that the flagship store from aliexpress is just another reseller.
Apparently,they are preparing to sell ed9 but ed10 has already been released. Ed10 will be quite limited tho, as they will only manufacture until they finished the orders for ed10.

And when I asked which of the earphones are among the best sound quality wise, he mentioned ed9 and the upcoming new earphone with volume control.

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #4,626 of 63,914

smily_headphones1.gif
Cool. Have you tried the Sidy DM3? Sounds like it has a Biological Diaphram material like the VSonic GR07, Little more spendy than the KZ's but worth it if the sound is there.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-sound-quality-SIDY-DM3-in-ear-metal-earbud-earphone-headphone-DIY-model-high-quality-free/32360408662.html

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

It's not there. Been trying to sell mine for awhile.

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #4,627 of 63,914

smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx Guys. Coil, These look interesting as well:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AudioSense-Quad-core-Dual-moving-coil-Moving-iron-Iron-ring-HIFI-Fever-wire-headset-V2-Free/32340956324.html

BTW: I just ordered the carbo copy with the exchangeable nozzles and cloth wire. I LOVE cloth covered wires!!!!

Hope it sounds for ****.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Looks kinda like the Sennheiser CX2.00 or smth. Are you gonna spring on it?

Ok, so I've talked with the support over at the kz official store at aliexpress. I spoke with them in Mandarin and they seem friendlier and more glad to answer my questions.

Ed10 will be their last "traditional style" earphone. From what the person said, ed9 might still have the better sound quality, but ed10 uses a speaker from a well known earphone brand, so the sound quality is still very good.

As for the newest earphone that is coming out, I don't really understand what type of earphone is that but he said it is going to be a very good one.

Okay, after some googling. I've come to the conclusion that the next earphone is just a earphone with volume control for smart phones.not some next gen smart or intelligent tuning.

Something to add on, I'm starting to think that the flagship store from aliexpress is just another reseller.
Apparently,they are preparing to sell ed9 but ed10 has already been released. Ed10 will be quite limited tho, as they will only manufacture until they finished the orders for ed10.

And when I asked which of the earphones are among the best sound quality wise, he mentioned ed9 and the upcoming new earphone with volume control.

The Shenzhen Yuan Ze shop should be the OEM I think. On my ATE packaging, it says made by Shen Zhen Yuan Ze Electronics Co.

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #4,628 of 63,914
You guys underestimate SIDY-DM3.  For some kind of music, none of KZ iem can beat it.  Sound resolution is even better than ED9 but if you have old ears you can't hear it.  For old ears, boost the treble using EQ.

Take this one as an example:

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #4,629 of 63,914
just got the ED9, after several weeks of using the she3590 and gr02 be on weekends, I can say that it competes with the gr02. Bass is really great (not sure if it's the quantity a basshead is looking for) using the gold nozzles, I find the brass weak in bass. I can't say about brass' details/clarity yet since I'm still enjoying the gold.

D6503

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #4,631 of 63,914
Hmm pulled the trigger on the ED9, 23 shipped from Amazon. I was scared away from the TTPOD as it nearly had as many poor build quality stories as the Tenore, that and the fact some people rated the ED9 higher than the T1e.

I still am not sure since the T1e is a sidegrade to the Havi's, while the ED9 is said to be a straight downgrade. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back