Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 11, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #2,643 of 64,378
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Ear-Headphones-kz-ed-Special-Edition-low-microphone-volume-sales/1380688_2040486474.html

What is th difference between this KZ EDSE and the KZ ED2 ..both with mic and both look the same ...
biggrin.gif

Seller says there is a difference in how they sound, most people assume they're the same.
Noone has made a direct comparison yet.

I took EDSE with mic even though it was a dollar or so more than ED2 with mic. Just to be safe.
(Yeah, there seems to be a mic and non-mic version of both EDSE and ED2).

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #2,644 of 64,378
  Seller says there is a difference in how they sound, most people assume they're the same.
Noone has made a direct comparison yet.

I took EDSE with mic even though it was a dollar or so more than ED2 with mic. Just to be safe.
(Yeah, there seems to be a mic and non-mic version of both EDSE and ED2).

Agreed... better stay on a safe side. It really doesn't make sense if ED2 and EDSE are same inside out, but priced at different levels.

I had also asked the seller and he said the same, and recommended buying EDSE.

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #2,646 of 64,378
Thanks for your answers guys!
Just ordered EDSE with no mic, as i plan to buy the plastic xiaomi pistons which have a microphone too.
The cable of EDSE seems so good and didn't want anything on it lol.
Also i plan to use them with the Sony hybrid eartips i have, if their signature suits me better than my mh1 which i currently use as main iem(the damn j-cable is **** though).

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,647 of 64,378
Just ordered EDSE with no mic, as i plan to buy the plastic xiaomi pistons which have a microphone too.

Going without mic also reduces a point of failure - so the IEM on average will last longer. I don't get a mic/controls unless I really need it or if there's a warranty. Chances are you're going to love the EDSE!  IMO the SQ - including treble is superior to the Xiaomi Piston.

Since the Micro Ring is discontinued (perhaps the best offering from KZ - never tried it) - EDSE is the leading KZ IEM. DT3 and R1, both plastic casing, are also up there.

Also, someone in the Piston thread claims the SQ of the plastic Piston is the same as the metal. The plastic Piston is also looking pretty good!

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2,648 of 64,378
Also i plan to use them with the Sony hybrid eartips i have, if their signature suits me better than my mh1 which i currently use as main iem(the damn j-cable is **** though).

Congrats on EDSE. Good choice.
My EDSE with small Sony Hybrid fits very well and sounds amazing. A good match imo.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #2,650 of 64,378
I bought blue version of ED8 last year. This year I also bought red version. Unfortunately, they have different sound.  I don't know why. To be safe, just grab the most expensive EDSE. 

Please tell the difference!
I had ordered both red and blue. I've already received red, which didn't impress me much. Blue is still trapped on Beijing airport since some time.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #2,651 of 64,378
My EDSE with small Sony Hybrid fits very well and sounds amazing. A good match imo.

I'm using my EDSE with T1E narrow bore tips. Sounds quite good with my sony mp3 player 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #2,652 of 64,378

Red one has KZ Acoustic label. The blue one doesn’t have such label. Eartips are also different.

My red one, there is a nasty static electricity shock on left ear. Treble also pierces my ears.  My blue one has better 3d soundstage with more depth. Bass is more controlled. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back