Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 1, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,681 of 64,179
I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the ANV.

Out of the box they sounded pretty meh. Bass was nice without being overpowering, mids more or less forward (cept upper...that's oddly recessed), and super grainy, harsh, artificial treble.

With some solid play time, large Sony silicone tips, and a chopped up shoelace filter (you read that right) to dull the treble, these things are great! They're tied up there with the Micro Ring for my fav KZ IEM....out of the three I have. EDse just sounds a bit off when a/bing them all.

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #1,682 of 64,179
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the ANV.

Out of the box they sounded pretty meh. Bass was nice without being overpowering, mids more or less forward (cept upper...that's oddly recessed), and super grainy, harsh, artificial treble.

With some solid play time, large Sony silicone tips, and a chopped up shoelace filter (you read that right) to dull the treble, these things are great! They're tied up there with the Micro Ring for my fav KZ IEM....out of the three I have. EDse just sounds a bit off when a/bing them all.

You're not alone ...me like them tooooooo.......woot woot

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #1,683 of 64,179
You're not alone ...me like them tooooooo.......woot woot

Yay! I'm not alone :D

I'm just been jumping between the ANV and LPS all week since getting them. I'm still in the 'honeymoon phase', but I don't see it ending anytime soon for the ANV. They just keep getting better and better. I tried them again with the stock tips which I was not a fan of before due to the peaky treble. Things seem to have settled down quite a bit. My filter 'mod' is still necessary, but I'm hoping additional play time will soften them up further.

They're also the perfect size for my ears and are almost as comfy as the VSD3. They don't quite disappear, but its close enough.

The best part? Left and Right printed in cursive. That's just pure class right there.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #1,686 of 64,179
@Endcode
 Yeah....its a pretty nice little piece. If you have some Sony Silicone tips try tossing those on with a small ball of fluff tucked inside. It really smooths out the treble (I find them to be pretty simblant) and doesn't mess with anything else.

@Wokei
 I'm going to have to retract my previous comments about the Huawei Honor :) I've grown to like them quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's the new tips, lots of burn in, or what.....but they've certainly grown on me over the last couple months.

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #1,687 of 64,179
@Endcode
 Yeah....its a pretty nice little piece. If you have some Sony Silicone tips try tossing those on with a small ball of fluff tucked inside. It really smooths out the treble (I find them to be pretty simblant) and doesn't mess with anything else.

@Wokei
 I'm going to have to retract my previous comments about the Huawei Honor :) I've grown to like them quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's the new tips, lots of burn in, or what.....but they've certainly grown on me over the last couple months.

It's all good....Honor works very well once you find the right tips and hit the sweet spot..woot woot

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,688 of 64,179
  I just got my ANV and I actually happen to really like it. Maybe it's signature isn't for everyone but I like it's technical performance, especially for it's price.

With or without holes?

Dec 4, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #1,689 of 64,179
Hello,

I am brand new in here, and first thing first, I want to thank you all here for making this thread super informative, about both KZ and other IEMs, I am following this since last some time, and finally made my first KZ purchase - KZ EDSE

waiting for it now - prior to this I have used Brainwavz Beta, Delta, SoundMagic PL30, PL11 and Sennheiser HD218 

I might buy KZ LPS next, also KZ gr and KZ dt3 in consideration, looking forward to learn more :)

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,692 of 64,179
Ever since I got my EDSE and ES just over a week ago, I am struggling to decide which one I like better. I am past the point of initial impressions and they both are incredible values, but just when I think "alright, the ES is more comfortable and the sound seems a bit better" I put on the EDSE and I'm greeted by its incredible sound. I can't even imagine what will happen once I get my other 5 pairs of KZ IEMs.

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #1,693 of 64,179
  Hello,

I am brand new in here, and first thing first, I want to thank you all here for making this thread super informative, about both KZ and other IEMs, I am following this since last some time, and finally made my first KZ purchase - KZ EDSE

waiting for it now - prior to this I have used Brainwavz Beta, Delta, SoundMagic PL30, PL11 and Sennheiser HD218 

I might buy KZ LPS next, also KZ gr and KZ dt3 in consideration, looking forward to learn more :)

I suggest you stay away from the GR unless you are guaranteed they have the holes, which is unlikely.

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,694 of 64,179
Ever since I got my EDSE and ES just over a week ago, I am struggling to decide which one I like better. I am past the point of initial impressions and they both are incredible values, but just when I think "alright, the ES is more comfortable and the sound seems a bit better" I put on the EDSE and I'm greeted by its incredible sound. I can't even imagine what will happen once I get my other 5 pairs of KZ IEMs.

Did you get the Micro Ring ?

Dec 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #1,695 of 64,179
Whenever I search for KZ I get Tuna earphones in result. They look the same, but are they really?? I don't get this brand. Their product cost dirt cheap and people still praise 'em. Maybe I get 2-3 to gift to someone if they are really good as people claim. 

But seriously, what is this Tuna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back