Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 10, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #1,370 of 64,402
OK my kz- Platinum Limited Edition has turned up!

Quick review - Now I have to compare these to another headphone and as I also have Soundmagic E10 which is not that more expensive I base it on them. First off these things are fairly heavy and you really notice it but feel solid I may add but not for a person with Dainty ears. The Left and Right markers are mixed in with the KZ BASS markings and not in your face obvious when looking for them unlike the SM E10 which uses a red marker for Right and a blue for left. I was not impressed with the packaging these came in as they are limited edition, a poorly printed cardboard box in which the headphones sat inside sealed in a crappy plastic bag. I guess it gets the job done but the E10s came with a hardened zip up travel pouch. I know there is a price difference between the two but not a massive amount. Well down to a sound test and my go to track "Breathe" by The Prodigy as it tests the bass well and keeps that clinical treble assault with some mid range kicks too boot. You should try it :)
The bass on the KZ delivers well I have to say but when the treble kicks in it is on the side of offensive, it kind of hurts and turning down you lose the bass side. Maybe these need to be run in a bit so will let them burn for a while. I also have the KZ RX which is all bass and muffled treble and these tend to shoot off in the other direction. I have tested these on my Xduoo X1 and compared to my E10's I would say put the little extra in and get the Soundmagic. If you have a mobile you could possibly EQ the top end down to be less intrusive but would rather it come out more balanced to begin with.
I do prefer the cable on the KZ though, Also I have just finished listening to Hotel California all the way through with the KZ's and it sounds pretty good, Seems to favour types of music but will run them in a bit then go back to Breathe. Well there you go I hope this helps a little with anyone looking at these. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,372 of 64,402
I just got my kz lps...

The case is worth the 26 dollars I paid for them! Unreal!

They feel like really high quality phones holding them in your hands. Beautiful finish and build quality. Lots of metal and high quality protein pads.

They have very cool cloth braided cables, one with a mic and one without.

Sound is okay out of the box. Not as good as my superlux and takstar cans. I'm hoping burn in will bring better resolution to the midrange and treble.

Bass is very deep and powerful.

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,373 of 64,402
Got my LPS today as well. Nice case, cables, and build quality. Unfortunately, I may have gotten a faulty pair. The sound is distorted unless I really push and hold the connector into the LPS's headphone jack. This happens with both cables, so it's most likely an issue with the headphone jack in the LPS. I took a look inside and did notice something red, maybe a wire or something?

If other LPS owners can take a look and see if their pair has the same thing or not, that would be cool. I already contacted the seller about it, so we'll see what happens.

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #1,374 of 64,402
Got my LPS today as well. Nice case, cables, and build quality. Unfortunately, I may have gotten a faulty pair. The sound is distorted unless I really push and hold the connector into the LPS's headphone jack. This happens with both cables, so it's most likely an issue with the headphone jack in the LPS. I took a look inside and did notice something red, maybe a wire or something?

If other LPS owners can take a look and see if their pair has the same thing or not, that would be cool. I already contacted the seller about it, so we'll see what happens.
I thought the same thing when I got my pair. Make sure the cable is pushed in all the way on the Jack where the headphones meet the cable.

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #1,376 of 64,402
Yea, I've been doing that and it does fix the issue sometimes, but as soon as I let it go, the sound gets all distorted again. It's like something is pushing the cable out.
Did you give it a good shove and hear it click into place?

Just trying to save you on a return

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #1,377 of 64,402
Did you give it a good shove and hear it click into place?

Just trying to save you on a return

Yep, it clicks into place, but still sounds distorted. Then I push it in more and twist the connector a bit until it sounds good, then I let go and it's distorted again :p

I do appreciate the help, but I'm probably going to end up asking for a refund or at least a partial refund. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #1,378 of 64,402
So they arrived, ES and ED...

9dVs0hc.jpg

4KtYfu9.jpg

oV7HSdV.jpg

K2H7xIb.jpg

C2yijBo.jpg

yPlU0x2.jpg

Are they really that cheap?! Build quality is fantastic! That cable, W
OW!
What about the sound? So I didn`t used then a lot so I can say a lot, but my first impressions are nice, blows away US$100 products? Maybe if it`s a Beats product...
Blows away my VSD3S? No, I don`t think they do a scratch to them, althought US$18 for these two + free shipping?!
Nah, excellent!

They will be on 11/11 sale soon, will I buy another pair for xmas gift? SURE!!!

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #1,380 of 64,402
Yea, I've been doing that and it does fix the issue sometimes, but as soon as I let it go, the sound gets all distorted again. It's like something is pushing the cable out.

Sounds like that issue a lot of us UE6000 owners were running into. Mine took one heck of a push before the cable would seat properly. Until then you would get the click, it would sound fine, then the cable would pop back out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back