Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 1, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #10,501 of 64,388
  i wandered onto this forum by accident--my initial reaction was bewilderment at how such an obscure, cheap product could generate 10k+ obsessive posts. now i seem to have caught the kz disease and find this forum oddly intoxicating, like watching waves crash. just started binge-purchasing the phones, as well--have the edse in hand and the ate and hds3 on the way. more will surely follow.

Don't forget the ED9 (get black!) and the ED3c...they are very good IMHO. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #10,502 of 64,388
  Don't forget the ED9 (get black!) and the ED3c...they are very good IMHO. 
etysmile.gif

Here's my best political impression..................."I approve this message"
wink_face.gif
(ED3c in Red baby)
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #10,503 of 64,388

Funny how that happened eh Loomis
blink.gif
You have joined a band of brothers in the quest for the best $10 iem on the planet
eek.gif
It's been a lot of fun but I'm moving on from KZ these days but they are a decent iem to have fun with
wink_face.gif
Best hold that wallet tight though
biggrin.gif

I think there are better $10 IEms out there sound quality wise, but not build quality wise and certainly not with a new model every few weeks lol

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #10,504 of 64,388
  aiight, time to sell my new apple earpod I just got today on ebay :3 for 30 bucks lol~

The main draw of KZ is that they are the excellent earpod replacements with better sound for 1/3rd the price. 

i wandered onto this forum by accident--my initial reaction was bewilderment at how such an obscure, cheap product could generate 10k+ obsessive posts. now i seem to have caught the kz disease and find this forum oddly intoxicating, like watching waves crash. just started binge-purchasing the phones, as well--have the edse in hand and the ate and hds3 on the way. more will surely follow.

The unique sound and design of each model, the bargain price, and the pace at which they release new models can get addicting. They still haven't nailed anything that can compete in the $100+ sector, which I hope they eventually move on to. A $30 KZ that can keep up with a $150 standard, or a $65 KZ that matches a $200+ is what I look forward to happening in the future.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #10,505 of 64,388
i'm gonna regret asking this, as it will only fuel my addiction, but is there a material difference in sound signature between my edse and the ed9/ed3c?
one thing about getting old is that your passions/ambitions get smaller and smaller.........

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #10,506 of 64,388
  i'm gonna regret asking this, as it will only fuel my addiction, but is there a material difference in sound signature between my edse and the ed9/ed3c?
one thing about getting old is that your passions/ambitions get smaller and smaller.........

Indeed there is and you also have the 2 filter nozzle selection with ED9's
wink_face.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #10,507 of 64,388
  The main draw of KZ is that they are the excellent earpod replacements with better sound for 1/3rd the price. 

The unique sound and design of each model, the bargain price, and the pace at which they release new models can get addicting. They still haven't nailed anything that can compete in the $100+ sector, which I hope they eventually move on to. A $30 KZ that can keep up with a $150 standard, or a $65 KZ that matches a $200+ is what I look forward to happening in the future.

True BH, I wish KZ would take that next step and start challenging Easy, ****, HCK and a host of others who've jumped in head first with the DIY customs
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #10,508 of 64,388
I'm proud to announce that I'm getting started into the KZ's world =D
My first buy has been the KZ ZN1-Mini, because I'm so interested on trying some Dual-Driver IEMs
 I hope I enjoy them as much as the rest of you¡¡

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #10,510 of 64,388
Rock zircons are pretty special though I do love the ZN1 minis I have however they are more sensitive to the sound signature of your player. Zircons seem to work better across the range of daps I have. Anyway just received the ATE and ED-9 models so let's see how they work out

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #10,511 of 64,388
  I'm proud to announce that I'm getting started into the KZ's world =D
My first buy has been the KZ ZN1-Mini, because I'm so interested on trying some Dual-Driver IEMs
 I hope I enjoy them as much as the rest of you¡¡

Same here as I have had my ATE's for a day now. All in all a very welcome experience with the KZ brand. :)

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #10,513 of 64,388
  The ZN1's cable is short; 39", or just under 1 meter. Standard seems to be 1.2 meters.

OK B9, it's official and you are right on the money bud
wink_face.gif
39" and 17 1/2" from ear piece to splitter but as I mentioned they work for me having my iPhone or DAP at my waist
beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #10,515 of 64,388
I rediscovered these beauties.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580769/the-monoprice-mp9927-pg-208-mp8320-mep-933-the-7-11-club

Small bore tips with a tiny bit of cloth in them and they're perfect.

Better? April's fools?  Or for real?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back