Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 14, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #10,126 of 64,382
Hey everyone!
I want to place the order for HDS3 & EDR2. But are they sound good? Is there any other KZ headphone that sound warm, detailed & balanced. Yes! I may be asking too much at this price range, but still is there any KZ IEM which sound close to that.

Warm, detailed and balanced.... IMO EDR2 is right on point. I'd recommend ATE (Translucent) instead of HDS3 though. 
Because, EDR2 is offering everything HDS3 already can, added with better details and tighter bass and nice mids. 

ATE would be a nice complement as it offers lovely mids, smooth highs and big soundstage. It also has behind the ear fit. Overall two earphones from KZ that are as per your requirements but both have nice distinctive abilities. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #10,127 of 64,382
I cant seem to find a lowest price than gb's and cant resist from ordering either.........

http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_316681.html

Ordered mine a mic'd version but goin to request them to adjust the order with non-mic as Im not sure about the longevity and reliability of kz mic version iems, & I dont need mic nor a fan.

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #10,128 of 64,382
I cant seem to find a lowest price than gb's and cant resist from ordering either.........

http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_316681.html

Ordered mine a mic'd version but goin to request them to adjust the order with non-mic as Im not sure about the longevity and reliability of kz mic version iems, & I dont need mic nor a fan.

I also did order from same. Don't worry go ahead. EDR2 is fantastic and IMO KZ's best VFM till date.
Agreed about mic. I have mic version and the mic looks cheapish. It has clear output though. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #10,129 of 64,382
  Long time no visit(due to the capital controls in Greece I took a long break from KZ).
My ate Just died so I was wondering(It was my favorite from, EDSE/ED3/ED9), should I go for ATE again or try ZN1 mini?

My favourite is also ATE (translucent black), both in stock and modified configuration and my recommendation would be to order ATE again or Yinjw "IE800" wooden version (which is my best IEM in modified configuration atm). I don`t have ZN1mini myself but probably that would also fit Your taste.

Btw guys, I gave up and ordered EDR2 from Gearbest ("shame" on Eisen hyping it! -.- ).

Eisen, from the point of view that I like ATE and ordered EDR2... do You think there is point in ordering HDS1 ?

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #10,130 of 64,382

My favourite is also ATE (translucent black), both in stock and modified configuration and my recommendation would be to order ATE again or Yinjw "IE800" wooden version (which is my best IEM in modified configuration atm). I don`t have ZN1mini myself but probably that would also fit Your taste.

Btw guys, I gave up and ordered EDR2 from Gearbest ("shame" on Eisen hyping it! -.- ).

Eisen, from the point of view that I like ATE and ordered EDR2... do You think there is point in ordering HDS1 ?

Hahaha it's just a payback, you've done this to me in past as well xD

Well it's a no brainer at that price and yes, EDR2 is among best KZs certainly. It sounds like HDS1 with extended FR from both sides and more 'body' to the sound. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #10,132 of 64,382

Do you have a pic or video of the ATE + ear hooks on the ears?
I am afraid they will look too bulky no?
BTW can't we find slimmer ear hooks?

i find they are just the right size. I like them and i find its bulky is actually good as it makes it more comfortable to wear on and eliminate microphonics. its just a mere $1 to 4 item so just buy and try one.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #10,133 of 64,382
  BTW can't we find slimmer ear hooks?

Just cut some softer (copper) solid wire (with skin to avoid sweat-allergy) and wind it around IEM wire and shape it as You wish - simple and working solution.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #10,134 of 64,382
  i find they are just the right size. I like them and i find its bulky is actually good as it makes it more comfortable to wear on and eliminate microphonics. its just a mere $1 to 4 item so just buy and try one.

People don't looks at you bizarrely? I mean due to the thick over the ears rubber thingy?
Eisen and others convinced me to get the ATE + ear hooks instead of ATES (which come with memory wire), the Easy salesman told me the opposite lol

Just cut some softer (copper) solid wire (with skin to avoid sweat-allergy) and wind it around IEM wire and shape it as You wish - simple and working solution.

Thanks! You really are the modder in chief here :)

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #10,135 of 64,382

People don't looks at you bizarrely? I mean due to the thick over the ears rubber thingy?
Eisen and others convinced me to get the ATE + ear hooks instead of ATES (which come with memory wire), the Easy salesman told me the opposite lol

I own both ate and ate-s.

I prefer to use ATE-s + Ear hooks.

and there's absolutely none staring at me in my few months experience.

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #10,136 of 64,382
Finally I ordered EDR2 for my mobile MEIZU Android smartphone. 

But I would like to order and try another one for the same use (call conversations,  clear and loud sound for my ears and microphone quality for the other part of the telephone communication) 

I am between ZS1, ED9 and ATE.... 

what do you think? 

If you have another proposal except KZ earphones please tell me

Budget around 10 USD 

thanks for your help 

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #10,137 of 64,382
Thanks EISENbricher for your opinion. I will surely try them. Also, I placed the order for KZ ZN1 mini and this will be my first KZ IEM. I'm really excited to hear them!

What is the difference between ATES & ATE translucent in terms of sound quality? Which one is better?

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #10,138 of 64,382
I will still mail  my ATE-S to anyone who wants it.... just pay postage...no tips included :)

ATE-S has some of the best packaging though.

Can oneone, especially amp users, ecommend me one of two KZ's which are way bassier than the ATE?

The Chord Mojo killed my set of ATE's last night! :frowning2:

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #10,139 of 64,382
I also did order from same. Don't worry go ahead. EDR2 is fantastic and IMO KZ's best VFM till date.
Agreed about mic. I have mic version and the mic looks cheapish. It has clear output though. 

Yeah I hope EDR2 is going to be another level from ED9,no doubt about it,its the mic Im concerned.......anyway will try to get the non mic version if not,fresh order another pair w/o mic.The wait begins! Btw, I expect EDR2's strength(rather tuning/driver/sound) be different from ED9!

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #10,140 of 64,382
  There isn't a ZN2, I guess you're talking about ZS2? Yeah about that I hope its price would come down as it is a fairly new model. 

Yes, I was refering to ZS1 and ZS2. I will wait a couple months to see if the prices go down. And wait for reviews, also. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back