Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 13, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #10,111 of 64,379
  Long time no visit(due to the capital controls in Greece I took a long break from KZ).
My ate Just died so I was wondering(It was my favorite from, EDSE/ED3/ED9), should I go for ATE again or try ZN1 mini?

I am familiar with the ED9 but not the others. Where can I get information about the others you listed? Is there someplace other than this thread?

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #10,112 of 64,379
  Long time no visit(due to the capital controls in Greece I took a long break from KZ).
My ate Just died so I was wondering(It was my favorite from, EDSE/ED3/ED9), should I go for ATE again or try ZN1 mini?

Hi bro : ) 

Did you manage to order any new KZ? Or still you are facing the payment issues?

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #10,113 of 64,379
  I am familiar with the ED9 but not the others. Where can I get information about the others you listed? Is there someplace other than this thread?

KZ ATE : http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-ate-copper-driver-ear-hook-hifi-in-ear-earphone-sport-headphones-for-running-with-foam-eartips-with-microphone-blackwith-mic

HDS1 : http://www.head-fi.org/products/binmer-tm-kz-hds1-mini-metal-diy-headset-hd-dynamic-pronunciation-ear-headphones-silver

ED3c : http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-ed3c-vigorous-bass-stereo-music-in-ear-monitor-headphones-earbud-with-microphone-red

ZS1 : http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-zs1-dual-driver-extra-bass-wide-sound-field-sport-in-ear-monitors-headphones-with-microphone

About EDSE, you now have its improved brother, the EDR2. Same design with build quality improvements and improved SQ as well.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #10,114 of 64,379
Stil
  Hi bro : ) 

Did you manage to order any new KZ? Or still you are facing the payment issues?

Hey Eisen :)
Unfortunately I am still facing some problems, there are some alternatives(mostly tricks) to bypass the restrictions.
I'll give it a shot and hope for the best.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #10,115 of 64,379
Stil
Hey Eisen :)
Unfortunately I am still facing some problems, there are some alternatives(mostly tricks) to bypass the restrictions.
I'll give it a shot and hope for the best.

Shoot me a pm I may help u.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #10,117 of 64,379
Mar 13, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #10,118 of 64,379
  Are ZN1(mini?) and ATE similar in terms of sound signature?

Both sound a bit dark and have smooth sound signature overall. Mids are better on ATE while bass is better on ZN1 mini. Soundstage IMO is wider on ZN1 mini. 
Aside from that ZN1 mini are very easy to drive.

Hi. Do you know if ZN1 (mini) needs amplifier? Thanks.

Not at all. They are most sensitive KZ along with ED10/11. For example I get the same intensity of sound on 13 ticks of volume of my Xduoo X2 on ZN1 mini whereas I need  >20 on most others.

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #10,119 of 64,379
  Both sound a bit dark and have smooth sound signature overall. Mids are better on ATE while bass is better on ZN1 mini. Soundstage IMO is wider on ZN1 mini. 

Oh, you answered here first.

While I am a fan of MIDs (due to Jrock, Female vocals, Vocals in general) I think this time I'll go with ZN1 minis, Haven't got a single dual driver IEM so they are extremely attractive.

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #10,120 of 64,379
  Oh, you answered here first.

While I am a fan of MIDs (due to Jrock, Female vocals, Vocals in general) I think this time I'll go with ZN1 minis, Haven't got a single dual driver IEM so they are extremely attractive.

Your choice. The durability on ZN1 minis are top notch as per my observation and they look much more premium than ATE, especially the silver ones. ATE has another issue that you might have noticed, the earpiece cable joint. Its sharp metallic edge would tear into the cable eventually. 

Anyway it's your choice. ZN1 mini for slightly better bass, slightly recessed mids, bigger soundstage, better build quality and dual driver. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #10,121 of 64,379
  Your choice. The durability on ZN1 minis are top notch as per my observation and they look much more premium than ATE, especially the silver ones. ATE has another issue that you might have noticed, the earpiece cable joint. Its sharp metallic edge would tear into the cable eventually. 

Anyway it's your choice. ZN1 mini for slightly better bass, slightly recessed mids, bigger soundstage, better build quality and dual driver. 

ZN1 mini is suitable for my mobile Android smartphone? 

Is better than EDR2,  ED9 and ATE in terms of ear quality and MICROPHONE PERFORMANCE? 

I want to buy one of them EDR2, HDS1,  HDS2,  ED9 and ATE.... 

what to choose better for a mobile phone.  ?  My only use is the handsfree call conversation.. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #10,122 of 64,379

Not at all. They are most sensitive KZ along with ED10/11. For example I get the same intensity of sound on 13 ticks of volume of my Xduoo X2 on ZN1 mini whereas I need  >20 on most others.

Thank you EISENbricher. I just ordered them after your recommendation, for $9.50. 
dt880smile.png

Do you know if ZN1 and ZN2 are new, therefore will go down on price in a couple months? Or are they expensive because they are being phased out, stocks running out, therefore, will prices go up in the following weeks?

Every KZ model starts at around USD$50, then they go down in price. Then they go up again until the available stock is depleted. 
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #10,123 of 64,379

Yeah that's how my ATE broke, then I also failed to recable them and damaged the driver.
My soldering iron was way to big for that kind of soldering..even though I somehow managed to recable micro driver mh1s.

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #10,124 of 64,379
  Yeah that's how my ATE broke, then I also failed to recable them and damaged the driver.
My soldering iron was way to big for that kind of soldering..even though I somehow managed to recable micro driver mh1s.

Thought so. They improved on that issue in ATE-S but messed up the sound as per people's assessment. Didn't order those for myself because of that. 

Thank you EISENbricher. I just ordered them after your recommendation, for $9.50. 
dt880smile.png

Do you know if ZN1 and ZN2 are new, therefore will go down on price in a couple months? Or are they expensive because they are being phased out, stocks running out, therefore, will prices go up in the following weeks?

Every KZ model starts at around USD$50, then they go down in price. Then they go up again until the available stock is depleted. 
confused_face_2.gif

Great, I hope you like those. 

ZN1's price (with amp) would stay the same. There isn't a ZN2, I guess you're talking about ZS2? Yeah about that I hope its price would come down as it is a fairly new model. 

Hmm... you may wait a bit. Add some of your desired IEMs in wishlist and keep track of it on Ali. I've seen prices for older models fluctuating a lot. You may be able to get at low price at some point. 

ZN1 mini is suitable for my mobile Android smartphone? 

Is better than EDR2,  ED9 and ATE in terms of ear quality and MICROPHONE PERFORMANCE? 

I want to buy one of them EDR2, HDS1,  HDS2,  ED9 and ATE.... 

what to choose better for a mobile phone.  ?  My only use is the handsfree call conversation.. 

It works flawlessly with Android smartphones, but keep in mind that it doesn't have mic (and there's no version with mic either) and call receive button as well. Also its cable is shorter than average standards. If I plug in ZN1 mini in my smartphone I am unable to keep it in my jeans, but have to keep it in my shirt's pocket. 

We are still waiting for the mic samples, right? I did my part and posted EDR2, HDS1 and HDS3. From these EDR2 was better. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #10,125 of 64,379
Hey everyone!
I want to place the order for HDS3 & EDR2. But are they sound good? Is there any other KZ headphone that sound warm, detailed & balanced. Yes! I may be asking too much at this price range, but still is there any KZ IEM which sound close to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back