Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #10,036 of 64,382
  Yup, your opinion certainly did play role in me deciding to order EDR2. 

I like that cable though. Durable as heck and doesn't tangle much. Microphonics is a little issue because I always wear my earphones behind the ear whenever travelling. 

The more I read you guys the better I feel about my EDR2, can't wait for them to get here. Ordered the ACME at the same time, maybe my last two KZ's! Thought I ordered a third pair but it was Monks on that order
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #10,038 of 64,382
  Yup, your opinion certainly did play role in me deciding to order EDR2. 

I like that cable though. Durable as heck and doesn't tangle much. Microphonics is a little issue because I always wear my earphones behind the ear whenever travelling. 

I like the cable too, just not as much on their aluminum bodied iems; ie. EDR2 and HDS1. The material seems to transmit notably more noise than on their other products. Microphonics can be a killer for me, such as on the Klipsch S3 which has scarred me for life, lol. The fact that they also sounded mediocre at best also didn't help. Luckily wearing the EDR2/HDS1 cable over ear nullifies nearly all noise, so woohoo! 

Also, I'm finally warming up to the ZN1 Mini. UE600 tips fix most of my comfort issues so I can just lie back and enjoy the music. I still miss the ZS1's subbass but the ZN1's extra treble emphasis, detail, and refinement makes up for it.

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #10,039 of 64,382
I like the cable too, just not as much on their aluminum bodied iems; ie. EDR2 and HDS1. The material seems to transmit notably more noise than on their other products. Microphonics can be a killer for me, such as on the Klipsch S3 which has scarred me for life, lol. The fact that they also sounded mediocre at best also didn't help. Luckily wearing the EDR2/HDS1 cable over ear nullifies nearly all noise, so woohoo! 

Also, I'm finally warming up to the ZN1 Mini. UE600 tips fix most of my comfort issues so I can just lie back and enjoy the music. I still miss the ZS1's subbass but the ZN1's extra treble emphasis, detail, and refinement makes up for it.

Nice, custom EQ can get you very close to S1 subbase, at least it does for me. Glad you found tips you like on them as well:thumbsup: So ready to hear the EdR2 now:smiley:

:open_mouth:

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #10,041 of 64,382
Just thought I'd post an ordering of my IEMs since I have so many KZs. The ones on here without enough hours to necessarily be fixed are the EDR2, Tennmak Piano, and HCK UE Custom.

Sony AS800APPuro IEM500Sony XB90EXTennmak PianoLG Quadbeat 3Philips Fidelio S1HCK US Custom Dual DynamicYinjw Wooden V2KZ HDS3KZ EDR2VE MonkPhilips CitiscapeKZ ED10KZ ED8Sony MH1CXiaomi Piston 3KZ ZN1 MiniVsonic GR99Philips SHE9005JVC FHD40Jlab EpicKZ ATE-SVelesonic VPulseSony XB50EXLG Quadbeat 2Sol Republic RelayXiaomi Piston 2Philips SHE3575Sol Republic AMPKZ ED4Monoprice 8320JLab J5Jlab CoreJlab J6Brainwavz BetaBrainwavz AlphaJBudsJlab J4Jlab J2Philips SHE7005Fake Sony XB310

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #10,042 of 64,382
That didn't transfer very well. Here is the list.

Sony AS800AP
Puro IEM500
Sony XB90EX
Tennmak Piano
LG Quadbeat 3
Philips Fidelio S1
HCK UE Custom Dual Dynamic
Yinjw Wooden V2
KZ HDS3
KZ EDR2
VE Monk
Philips Citiscape
KZ ED10
KZ ED8
Sony MH1C
Xiaomi Piston 3
KZ ZN1 Mini
Vsonic GR99
Philips SHE9005
JVC FHD40
Jlab Epic
KZ ATE-S
Velesonic VPulse
Sony XB50EX
LG Quadbeat 2
Sol Republic Relay
Xiaomi Piston 2
Philips SHE3575
Sol Republic AMP
KZ ED4
Monoprice 8320
JLab J5
Jlab Core
Jlab J6
Brainwavz Beta
Brainwavz Alpha
JBuds
Jlab J4
Jlab J2
Philips SHE7005
Fake Sony XB310

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #10,043 of 64,382
i am new to this forum

i am interesting to buy KZ earphones especially for my android smartphone

i am between ED9 , ED10 , ATE , ATE S and HDS3 

my budget is around  10 USD

for me the most important thing is the quality of microphone ...  
because i have problem i want the other people to hear me clear and loud during a phone conversation

PLEASE propose me

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #10,044 of 64,382
i am new to this forum

because i have problem i want the other people to hear me clear and loud during a phone conversation

PLEASE propose me
A very warm welcome to the KZ thread. I don't own any KZ IEM with Mic so won't be able to say anything about their quality. I am sure other members will help you out. :)

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #10,045 of 64,382
I wonder what is best for PsyTrance music, I think not a ZS1 ultra bass that will be overkill nor a weak bass, something with a subtle good amount of bass, wide soundstage as it's a music that got many simultaneous instruments playing, and good mids and treble. Actually playing He.Art by Astrix for example.
Which KZ would be best?
I am using my HTC A9 as player, it's most probably the best audio smartphone ever, the power output it can give is fantastic on 3.5mm, even my hifiman 32ohm are pretty well driven. Though the only thing is that the ''Boomsound'' feature is boosting bass so imagine an already boosted ZS1 + boomsound...your ears will think you got a subwoofer stick into them

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #10,048 of 64,382
i am new to this forum

PLEASE propose me

All KZ mics that I have are good, person at the other end is always able to listen to me clearly so don't be much concerned about mic issue.

I'd recommend to make your choice according to sound and fit. ATE and ED9 are loved by the most, ED10 is super good for bass enthusiasts. HDS3 may be a mixed bag. I've seen too many QC issues about it lately. Even 2 of my 3 HDS3 pairs are faulty. Go for HDS1 because it'll offer more balanced sound in same form factor and it's QC is good.

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #10,049 of 64,382
All KZ mics that I have are good, person at the other end is always able to listen to me clearly so don't be much concerned about mic issue.

I'd recommend to make your choice according to sound and fit. ATE and ED9 are loved by the most, ED10 is super good for bass enthusiasts. HDS3 may be a mixed bag. I've seen too many QC issues about it lately. Even 2 of my 3 HDS3 pairs are faulty. Go for HDS1 because it'll offer more balanced sound in same form factor and it's QC is good.

thanks 

so the MIC chip is the same for ALL KZ earphones ?

because in some specifications says about HD calls in MIC

what to choose???  

i am between ATE and ED9. what to choose in terms of MICROPHONE quality???

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #10,050 of 64,382
  thanks 

so the MIC chip is the same for ALL KZ earphones ?

because in some specifications says about HD calls in MIC

what to choose???  

i am between ATE and ED9. what to choose in terms of MICROPHONE quality???

Can't say. Let me ask a reverse question though.. why are you comparing mic quality in $10 price bracket? Do you have some specific use in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back