Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 12, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #10,052 of 64,379
Well, I only have 3 KZs with microphone, as I usually prefer to order those without mics, for better compatibility and slightly increased durability.

Here are the samples that I recorded, the source, mic position and distance was kept exactly same. You'll get idea how they face against each other. 

EDR2 : http://vocaroo.com/i/s1k534ZS3UxV
HDS1 : http://vocaroo.com/i/s16tDOwmsMMi
HDS3 : http://vocaroo.com/i/s1JN1bImzSLl

EDIT : I forgot to amplify the files. By default my phone's recorder application records at low volume.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #10,053 of 64,379
  Well, I only have 3 KZs with microphone, as I usually prefer to order those without mics, for better compatibility and slightly increased durability.

Here are the samples that I recorded, the source, mic position and distance was kept exactly same. You'll get idea how they face against each other. 

EDR2 : http://vocaroo.com/i/s1k534ZS3UxV
HDS1 : http://vocaroo.com/i/s16tDOwmsMMi
HDS3 : http://vocaroo.com/i/s1JN1bImzSLl

EDIT : I forgot to amplify the files. By default my phone's recorder application records at low volume.

That's pretty helpful! Nice uploads 
beerchug.gif
 HDS1 mic sounded pretty bad, lol. EDR2 sounded surprisingly good. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #10,058 of 64,379
If anybody wants to assess mic performance here's my tip for Android devices. Download ASR audio recorder and select WAV as recording format. Grab your best speaker and place mic facing towards it, at about 1 ft distance. Select same audio clip, don't change volume and record with variety of mics that you have. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #10,059 of 64,379
Anyone know if the KZ ZN1 mini is prone to driver flex? Already when I put the earpieces in, I experience severe driver flex in the right earpiece. My **** UE does have this problem in a minor way. I expect it has something to do with the large housing of both models. The housing makes more room for airflow, hence driver flex.
For this specific one I just sent a mail to seller KZ Flagship store He Yue

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #10,060 of 64,379
Anyone know if the KZ ZN1 mini is prone to driver flex? Already when I put the earpieces in, I experience severe driver flex in the right earpiece. My **** UE does have this problem in a minor way. I expect it has something to do with the large housing of both models. The housing makes more room for airflow, hence driver flex.

Both sides of my ZN1 Mini have flex. Minor though. Just a wee crinkle upon first insertion.

How about ED4 and ED10 you have? 
Which is the better in terms of call and sound quality during a phone call? 
Can you make a try? 

I'll give @EISENbricher's method a try later and see how things turn out.

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #10,061 of 64,379

My ZN1 mini don't exhibit any driver flex at all. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #10,062 of 64,379
One side of the ATE I used had driver flex (I think right side), ZN1 Mini has driver flex on the right side pretty much every time I put it in, and SOMEtimes the left side too.. Not sure what causes it or if it's minor or serious. I had one time after driver flex where I felt like I was missing most of the mid and high frequencies so I suspect one of the drivers ending up in a wrong position, but that really is just supposition (could have been something with my sinusses or ears or smth, not sure). Anyway, usually it's fine despite the flex, with ATE I never noticed poorer sound as a result. I do wonder if it doesn't cause damage or speeds up degradation of the driver over a longer period of time though, I imagine so but lack the experience / technical knowledge to really say.

That out of the way, I'm excited! My 2 pairs of EDR2 with mic should be arriving any minute now as well as my 5 pairs of Monks, both have been cleared by customs here in Brazil and are on their way (without customs charges, I got pretty lucky there :D ). I'm eager to try the EDR2, to see if I'll prefer it over ZN1 Mini for my electronic music outdoors-IEM. I keep grabbing my Monks if I am not really in need of isolation or craving BASS for most genres, because that *sound* yo... I don't mind losing a bit (gets better with adapting to them over time) of comfort for *that SOUND*! :p. I have love for KZ too though, great value combined with nice build quality (in my experiences with em so far).

Bring on them EDR2's ! I'll share my experiences with em ofc, what are your guys' experience with them regarding burn-in? Did you notice any changes, and if so: how many hours did you put on them?

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #10,063 of 64,379
I have Monks and since yesterday I've been a proud owner of KZ EDR2 :) the first impressions are positive, after burning in during the night today I've listened to them outside and it looks like I will NOT throw them to the bottom of my drawer :)

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #10,064 of 64,379
i am new to this forum

i am interesting to buy KZ earphones especially for my android smartphone

i am between ED9 , ED10 , ATE , ATE S and HDS3 

my budget is around  10 USD

for me the most important thing is the quality of microphone ...  
because i have problem i want the other people to hear me clear and loud during a phone conversation

PLEASE propose me
glad to have you stop by gvek, I only have the mic version on ED9 and ED10 but both have a good mic. The 10 never was comfrtable in my ear so I have used the 9 much more. I keep a mic pair in my car for when I'm out and about. You'll get a lot more feedback in here though. Good luck:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #10,065 of 64,379
Hi, I would love a recommendation.
I'm looking for an IEM below $30, that's as analytical and with as much as possible, a touch of bass (or none) and good isolation. I want something that will give me music as close to the producers intended and I want to hear the detail that I couldn't hear in typical lower tier IEMs. They should also be preferably durable because I want to workout in them (hence the need for isolation as well). I have the seinheisers cx300ii and they sound kind of muddy to me. I had the Panasonic Ergo Fit RP-HJE123-Y but they sounded terrible to me. I also have the Superlux HD668B and they are pretty close to perfect except for the painful highs and overbearing brightness. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't like the treble? They sounded better when I EQed them with reduced treble. My Monoprice 8320 just died on me and I really enjoyed it. I hope to look for an upgrade from it or at least something of the same level.
Anyway I've been reading this thread and heard good things. I'm also considering Vsonic Vc02 but the brain-implant deep insertion is putting me off (it costs $30 where I am). Any suggestions besides Kz IEMs are welcome. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back