Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 31, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #9,378 of 63,916
Regarding the "new'' kid n the block EDR2 ...hmmm the same sticky cable the same jack.. the same ...the same even HDS3 got a brush over. What is happening with the KZ people I wonder. I cannot believe that they do not read this site.

I'm fine with it. Keeps costs down using the same materials over and over. I'm fine with that. If the quality of the cable and Jack, etc. were crap, then I'd have a problem.

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #9,379 of 63,916
I also don't get the brown transparent cable hate so much honestly.. It *is* pretty springy, but apart from that I have no gripes with it. Maybe my experience is better due to me just using ATE, I don't know. I find the soft rubber coating really nice to the touch (and behind the ear too) and I think it looks great. It doesn't seem to have a bad memory effect either? I'm actually slightly worried about the thick cable on the ZN1 Mini that's on its way over, that I may find it less comfy or that it won't wrap over the ear as easily (or have more of a problem staying put).

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #9,380 of 63,916
I also don't get the brown transparent cable hate so much honestly.. It *is* pretty springy, but apart from that I have no gripes with it. Maybe my experience is better due to me just using ATE, I don't know. I find the soft rubber coating really nice to the touch (and behind the ear too) and I think it looks great. It doesn't seem to have a bad memory effect either? I'm actually slightly worried about the thick cable on the ZN1 Mini that's on its way over, that I may find it less comfy or that it won't wrap over the ear as easily (or have more of a problem staying put).

Yes! KZ's cable are good. Some are sticky, and others are springy, but in general they are quality cables. I still think the cable on the EDSE is the best cable on any KZ to date. It looks like other KZ cables, but it's not sticky and doesn't hold memory at all. It's fantastic. I wish they would put that cable on all KZs to be honest.

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #9,381 of 63,916
EISENbricher Just wait till you try the EDR2. It is stellar!

Yup, it's on my list, might get one soon.

+1. Couldn't agree more. ATE,HDS1+3 ZN1 and ROCK ZIRGONS are my current rotation in totally random order. ED11 I could happily have lived without. ED9 has lost its rotation. Too much fiddling around and modding perhaps?  My fingers just hover past it in the mornings. I tend to trust them. Never subscribed to the hype anyways. Regarding the "new'' kid n the block EDR2 ...hmmm the same sticky cable the same jack.. the same ...the same even HDS3 got a brush over. What is happening with the KZ people I wonder. I cannot believe that they do not read this site.

KZ people read this, example is ZN1 mini. People demanded to release ZN1 without amp box and they released it!

Imo though, I like KZ cables. Yep some may be sticky but they do last.

I have other costlier earphones like Sennheisers, Havi B3, Zero audio whose cables are deteriorated and may be unusable soon. While my first ever KZ purchase (EDSE) which is about equal age as of them, has cable which still looks and feels like new.

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #9,382 of 63,916

Yes! KZ's cable are good. Some are sticky, and others are springy, but in general they are quality cables. I still think the cable on the EDSE is the best cable on any KZ to date. It looks like other KZ cables, but it's not sticky and doesn't hold memory at all. It's fantastic. I wish they would put that cable on all KZs to be honest.

This. That cable is brilliant IMO. When I ordered others and saw that the cable looked similar, I thought that was great. The sticky one is a lot more microphonic and generally annoying, unfortunately..

Feb 1, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #9,383 of 63,916
Feb 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #9,384 of 63,916
Yes! KZ's cable are good. Some are sticky, and others are springy, but in general they are quality cables.

+1

Not only the cables, also the connectors and in-ear bodies are quality products. I know many IEMs from the "big" companies up to $150 that don't reach KZ's cable and build quality.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #9,386 of 63,916
  Ok, seems You convinced me into getting ZN1mini also (after getting HDS1)...  -.- 

And You! Shame on You!... -.-

LOL, we're all guilty. Head-Fi = Zero $$$$
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #9,387 of 63,916
  Ok, seems You convinced me into getting ZN1mini also (after getting HDS1)...  -.- 

And You! Shame on You!... -.-

Haha go go CoiL :D

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #9,388 of 63,916
  Hi guys. I'm looking for a replacement for my beloved TTPOD T1-E, with similar specs, but with better mids, controlled trebles and good fit. Which KZ do you suggest me? Any reputable seller? Thanks

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #9,389 of 63,916
    Hi guys. I'm looking for a replacement for my beloved TTPOD T1-E, with similar specs, but with better mids, controlled trebles and good fit. Which KZ do you suggest me? Any reputable seller? Thanks

I'd recommend this store, it's the KZs own store : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1358152?spm=2114.10010108.0.89.9RP2UF

BTW coming from TTPOD T1E, look out for

ZN1mini : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-Psychic-ZN1-Smart-Tunable-Dual-Driver-In-ear-Headphones-with-Built-in-Amplifier-and-Microphone/1358152_32444083695.html

and 

ED9 : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-ED9-Super-Bowl-Tuning-Nozzles-T-Shaped-Driver-Monitoring-In-Ear-Headphones-HiFi-Earphone-With/1358152_32372852938.html

Both of these improve on T1E's mids. ZN1mini has bigger soundstage while ED9 offers you versatility by providing 2 sound signatures. ED9's highs resemble with T1Es. 

Go for ZN1mini if you prefer smoother sound signature and ED9 if you want crisper sound. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #9,390 of 63,916
I'd recommend this store, it's the KZs own store : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1358152?spm=2114.10010108.0.89.9RP2UF

BTW coming from TTPOD T1E, look out for

ZN1mini : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-Psychic-ZN1-Smart-Tunable-Dual-Driver-In-ear-Headphones-with-Built-in-Amplifier-and-Microphone/1358152_32444083695.html

and 

ED9 : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-ED9-Super-Bowl-Tuning-Nozzles-T-Shaped-Driver-Monitoring-In-Ear-Headphones-HiFi-Earphone-With/1358152_32372852938.html

Both of these improve on T1E's mids. ZN1mini has bigger soundstage while ED9 offers you versatility by providing 2 sound signatures. ED9's highs resemble with T1Es. 

Go for ZN1mini if you prefer smoother sound signature and ED9 if you want crisper sound. 

Thanks a lot sir. Difficult decision... I hate sibilances and i prefer good mids and bass over crisper trebles. I'm intrigued about 2 sound signatures of ED9. Any does it have micro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back