Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #7,486 of 63,885

I've had my version, Test CD2 for years, it came with a Stereophile subscription but you can get them on ebay. Nice to have on hand.

Thank you. Probably need to subscribe in any event. Any recommendations decent mobile audio magazine? Thanks again

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #7,489 of 63,885
Don't know if this is the best place to post this question but I want to try the JVC Spiral Dot tips and usually use small tips but have used medium also.
Does anyone know if they run small (or big) and if I should go with small or order small\medium? They have that SM option in between small and medium...
confused.gif

any help?

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #7,490 of 63,885
  Don't know if this is the best place to post this question but I want to try the JVC Spiral Dot tips and usually use small tips but have used medium also.
Does anyone know if they run small (or big) and if I should go with small or order small\medium? They have that SM option in between small and medium...
confused.gif

any help?

They run in S, MS (Medium-Small, M, ML (Medium-Large) and Large. They run on the smaller side. For example I ordered S and MS and the S were actually too small for my ears.

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #7,492 of 63,885
Those PS Vita ripoffs have been around for a while. Think someone here has tried them..

About that HDS2... Do we know if those are legit? They are only sold by this seller marked as "KKZ" and are not on taobao and not sold directly by KZ.
I haven't heard yet. I'm gna hold off until I see a legit KZ seller with them listed.

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #7,494 of 63,885
I have HDS2 on the way, a couple places had them on sale on 11/11. I bought from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1246446

But I have nooooo idea which store(s) on Ali is the official KZ one so... will have to wait and see I guess. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #7,497 of 63,885

Yeah I think thats why no-ones sure if they're 'true' KZ, since KZ tend to go for pretty unique designs.

hmm, I think KZ still has some earphone designs that are quite clearly based on other earphones. The most apparent one for me is the DT3, which looks a lot like the Fischer Audio Consonance. Some people said the ATE resembles the IM-70, the ED10's shape is like the KC06, and the ANV looks like the CKM1000.
I'd still wait for Horton's confirmation though :p

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #7,498 of 63,885
Does anyone know if they run small (or big) and if I should go with small or order small\medium? They have that SM option in between small and medium...:confused:  

any help?

I also use both small and medium tips usually and I tend to use both with the Spiral dots as well (with different IEM's). Not really helpful maybe but at least this is the way they work for me :wink:

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #7,500 of 63,885

hmm, I think KZ still has some earphone designs that are quite clearly based on other earphones. The most apparent one for me is the DT3, which looks a lot like the Fischer Audio Consonance. Some people said the ATE resembles the IM-70, the ED10's shape is like the KC06, and the ANV looks like the CKM1000.
I'd still wait for Horton's confirmation though :p

I own ED10 and KCO6A, I'd argue they're quite different. Can't deny similarities of the others though. 

Either way, to me it looks like someone is taking advantage of being able to get a bunch of those shells, KZ or not. And also either way, I like tip-mounted micro-drivers
gs1000.gif
 so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back