a bit more dip on 4~5k to control those 4 BA
Let's see how they manage coherence.

Aug 30, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #59,963 of 64,382
1661829376430.png

Published graph of ZS10ProX compared to Shimin Li
it looks pretty nice.
a bit more dip on 4~5k to control those 4 BA
Let's see how they manage coherence.

They scooped 5-7khz too much. I called it valley of trap like other too safe IEMs. Splashes, cymbals and those sparkles on lower treble region will be heard too distanced and lack of bites. Missing too much information here.
But based on graph, i think this time KZ put nylon / paper damper on the nozzle. I could be wrong though but high chance looking from graph characteristic.
That will make bloated bass because bad airflow.

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #59,964 of 64,382
Looks like KZ are trying to divert sales from the ST5. 1 DD + 2 x 50060, 2 x 30095. Similar configuration and a change in tuning.

Aug 30, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #59,965 of 64,382
Looks like KZ are trying to divert sales from the ST5. 1 DD + 2 x 50060, 2 x 30095. Similar configuration and a change in tuning.
TRN seems to recycle older BAs. How many times those 30095 were criticized for various reasons. KZ essentially moved away from 30095, and their recent BAs are great, other than for still somewhat missing mids.
TRN not far ago made BA15/30 or something stuffed with a bunch of 30095 for the BA count...In any case, TRN needs at least a couple of years to convince me of their QC.

As for the ZS10 pro X, I will wait for ZAX/ZSX upgrade, emjoying my bunch of KZ all-BAs.

Aug 30, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #59,966 of 64,382
TRN seems to recycle older BAs. How many times those 30095 were criticized for various reasons. KZ essentially moved away from 30095, and their recent BAs are great, other than for still somewhat missing mids.
TRN not far ago made BA15/30 or something stuffed with a bunch of 30095 for the BA count...In any case, TRN needs at least a couple of years to convince me of their QC.

As for the ZS10 pro X, I will wait for ZAX/ZSX upgrade, emjoying my bunch of KZ all-BAs.
In my opinion, the TRN TA01 MAX are a better tuned basshead IEM than anything from KZ. Tomorrow my KZ AS16 PRO ( also with 18 and 30 Ohm adapters) should arrive and I hope they will correct the bad taste after my mistake called AST.

Aug 30, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #59,967 of 64,382
Guess we'll see what it's going to be like, I've got both coming. Ordered the ST5 last week but I had a weak moment today so now the ZS10 Pro X is coming as well.
I used to use the ZS10 Pro as my daily driver for a year so I'm hoping it's going to be a good one.

Aug 30, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #59,968 of 64,382
If anyone is interested. This is the eartips I used to lessen the sharpness of treble of kz zs6. A triple flange from my old earphones, the sharpness has lessen but still sparkling. Didn't know why the eartips did that. The only thing I noticed is the triple flange is longer than stock eartips and it has a small opening.

Do you recall who makes those triple flange tips? Cheers!

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #59,969 of 64,382
On my AS16 Pro the left-side volume became extremely low and muffled, very obvious. The sound just about disappeared completely at one point, and then returned some, but still obviously way too low.

Today I used a needle to pull out the mesh screen, and now as far as I can tell the volume is back to normal.
I'm not sure what the issue was. I only used them a handful of times, and I don't have any wax issues that would plug them.

All I can think, is that it has something to do with the glue on the mesh screen. There is glue all around the perimeter with just a small opening in the middle. I wonder if the glue moved as the earphone was used and got warm.

So anyway, how do I put a new & better mesh filter on? I'm not sure what size or material to get, and not too sure how to put it on. Do I need some special glue?

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #59,970 of 64,382
In my opinion, the TRN TA01 MAX are a better tuned basshead IEM than anything from KZ. Tomorrow my KZ AS16 PRO ( also with 18 and 30 Ohm adapters) should arrive and I hope they will correct the bad taste after my mistake called AST.
You can be a good critic of AS16 pro then, looking forward to your impressions.
Please do try AST with 30 Ohm and possibly with 48 Ohm - you may like them much more. Though all of these IEMs with all adaptors (I made 100 Ohm balanced to play around) are far from basshead and geared more to classical/acoustic music.
On my AS16 Pro the left-side volume became extremely low and muffled, very obvious. The sound just about disappeared completely at one point, and then returned some, but still obviously way too low.

Today I used a needle to pull out the mesh screen, and now as far as I can tell the volume is back to normal.
I'm not sure what the issue was. I only used them a handful of times, and I don't have any wax issues that would plug them.

All I can think, is that it has something to do with the glue on the mesh screen. There is glue all around the perimeter with just a small opening in the middle. I wonder if the glue moved as the earphone was used and got warm.

So anyway, how do I put a new & better mesh filter on? I'm not sure what size or material to get, and not too sure how to put it on. Do I need some special glue?
Sorry to hear about it!
The previous mesh used in AS16, AS12, etc was more open and better then.

First, if it helps I run my two ASXs without any mesh (totally freeing the sound:)), it works OK given ear wax is not much of a problem.

Then AE sells IEM mesh already with the glue and at very reasonable prices: here is the link.

You need 5.0 mm for AS16 pro, the opening is a tiny bit larger - 5.1 mm or so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back