Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 9, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #55,516 of 63,836
I listened using the CKX and AST, the AST offer more depth to the instrument. The CKX sounds good too, but everything kinda blend together.

At around 18:00 where the trombone/trumpet just went off, the sound in the CKX is just so in your face like there is no distance from the mic (it is quite far from the video) whereas the AST sounds show some distance and not as glaring imho. Btw, you need to move the camera angle to the middle of the stage because the sound is following where you look at the screen.

Whoa......had no idea you could move around the video with your finger....never knew that was a thing.
AST sounds like a good earphone. May have to get one although I'm pretty happy with the poorly reviewed ASX.
I'm sure the AST is better based on the reviews so far.

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #55,517 of 63,836
Definitely not forgiving, but I don't listen to DSD level of recording exclusively either.
I see, I guess 12 BAs each side should have superb placement and layering compared to 6 BAs for CKX.

More important question is: is it fun sounding or dry and technical? The balance of each are always the best sounding IEM around.

So far, loving Believe single DD beryllium and superb technicality in mid tier LZ A7.

I have yet gone to high tier... I am assuming the rate of return or enjoyment decreased by the increased of dollar?

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #55,518 of 63,836
Whoa......had no idea you could move around the video with your finger....never knew that was a thing.
AST sounds like a good earphone. May have to get one although I'm pretty happy with the poorly reviewed ASX.
I'm sure the AST is better based on the reviews so far.
I absolutely love the ASX. The AST sounds similar to my ASX, but the AST needs a bit more power to get the same volume as the ASX. The big difference is the size of the IEM and the lip shape which is more rounded. The ASX hurt my earlobe after about 1 hour of use where the AST, I can wear it all day.

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #55,519 of 63,836
I see, I guess 12 BAs each side should have superb placement and layering compared to 6 BAs for CKX.

More important question is: is it fun sounding or dry and technical? The balance of each are always the best sounding IEM around.

So far, loving Believe single DD beryllium and superb technicality in mid tier LZ A7.

I have yet gone to high tier... I am assuming the rate of return or enjoyment decreased by the increased of dollar?
It is more a fun sounding IEM. The bass hits really hard. The overall sound tone is on a darker side which is quite different than KZ ZAX or CCA CKX.

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #55,520 of 63,836
I absolutely love the ASX. The AST sounds similar to my ASX, but the AST needs a bit more power to get the same volume as the ASX. The big difference is the size of the IEM and the lip shape which is more rounded. The ASX hurt my earlobe after about 1 hour of use where the AST, I can wear it all day.
Funny you should say that since I just took my ASX out after a couple hours and my ears were getting sore.
I do love how it stays in place though no matter what.

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #55,521 of 63,836
Funny you should say that since I just took my ASX out after a couple hours and my ears were getting sore.
I do love how it stays in place though no matter what.
If you like the ASX, then you will surely like the AST. The build quality is much better, no sharp edges along where the faceplate and the resin glued together.

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #55,522 of 63,836
awaiting reviews for AST, none so far

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #55,523 of 63,836
awaiting reviews for AST, none so far
Search for KZ AST on twitter and then go to Latest and you can find some info. Have to use google translate on most of the pages though, and that has some interesting translations sometimes. :) Something to do if you're bored.

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #55,525 of 63,836
Definitely not forgiving, but I don't listen to DSD level of recording exclusively either.
Less bright than ZAX?
Better treble than ZAX?
More bass than ZAX?
Better bass than ZAX?
Better fit than ZAX?
Better cable than ZAX ^ ^
Better tips than ZAX?
Comes with case?

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #55,526 of 63,836
Less bright than ZAX? Kinda
Better treble than ZAX? It is kinda different presentation imho
More bass than ZAX? Yes
Better bass than ZAX? Maybe, it kicks harder than the ZAX. More midbass than ZAX too.
Better fit than ZAX? Maybe, because it has the extra lips that goes to your earlobe making it more secure, but the drawback also some people won't get a good fit.
Better cable than ZAX ^ ^Definitely
Better tips than ZAX? Nope
Comes with case? Never

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #55,527 of 63,836
I still love my ASX and ASF (using them with cables in same price.. but.. nevermind).
AST is tonal, resolution or timbre upgrade over them?

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #55,528 of 63,836
KZ store on AE told me there is no AST green... :frowning2: I wonder what I just bought at HiFiGo was, then, hm. A little bottle of disappointment? :thinking: Clear it is!

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #55,529 of 63,836
KZ store on AE told me there is no AST green... :frowning2: I wonder what I just bought at HiFiGo was, then, hm. A little bottle of disappointment? :thinking: Clear it is!
There is though since they have actual pictures of it.
Somewhere out there there is a green AST, at least one pair.

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #55,530 of 63,836
There is though since they have actual pictures of it.
Somewhere out there there is a green AST, at least one pair.
I'll see if I can do a pre-order, and get #000000002 off the factory ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back