Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #54,182 of 63,958
the ZAX really leaks very little if anything...

Would a BA10 complement the ZAX nicely or should I just stick with the ZAX?

I am really enjoying it and do not want to fall into a rabbit hole..

Thinking of getting the FiiO UTWS3 to turn one of them into a wireless setup and use the other on the FiiO Q5s TC....any thoughts?

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #54,183 of 63,958
I've had no one around me complain about them, but then again, I'd probably beat them up if they did... (I'm joking about the assault).
Thanks

Feb 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #54,184 of 63,958
great...does the open design leak much ,..enough to amount to anything
From what I've experienced with a friend of mine trying my ZAX, I could barely hear her music from about 6 feet away in a quiet room. I don't now how loud she listens but I'd have to get quite a bit closer to hear what the song was. So I don't think most people would complain and if there is a little bit of noise you can't hear it anymore.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #54,185 of 63,958
the ZAX really leaks very little if anything...

I am really enjoying it and do not want to fall into a rabbit hole..

Thinking of getting the FiiO UTWS3 to turn one of them into a wireless setup and use the other on the FiiO Q5s TC....any thoughts?
BA10 is more like the best sounding KZ sound signature (V shaped). It is not flat for sure, but it has the best bass on any KZ imho, mid is like the ZS7, treble is smooth and extend quite well.

Feb 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #54,187 of 63,958
Feb 10, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #54,189 of 63,958
but if I have the ZAX,,,,do I really need them? They are 55 euro here in Italy on Amazon...
I asked that same question a lot myself and I bet 90% of people here in Head-fi also do. I am a bad example to give that answer because I will always say YES lol.
On the more serious note, it depends on what sound you like. If you can get them on Amazon, then just buy it then return it if you don't like.

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #54,190 of 63,958

I like having multiple driver configurations in my collection as well. I currently own the ZAX, which is hybrid BA and DD, and the ASX, which is all BA - when the latter is EQed, it sounds fantastic, by the way. I'll grab the DQ6 in the near future to add an all DD to the collection.

I've previously owned the ZSX and the AS10. I had considered the BA10, but its shape really put me off as it's not ergonomic in any way, shape or form. And since the frequency response of the AS10 is very similar, I decided against it.

graph-1.png

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #54,191 of 63,958
I like having multiple driver configurations in my collection as well. I currently own the ZAX, which is hybrid BA and DD, and the ASX, which is all BA - when the latter is EQed, it sounds fantastic, by the way. I'll grab the DQ6 in the near future to add an all DD to the collection.

I've previously owned the ZSX and the AS10. I had considered the BA10, but its shape really put me off as it's not ergonomic in any way, shape or form. And since the frequency response of the AS10 is very similar, I decided against it.

One can't just look at freq response and say oh this IEM and this IEM will sound similar. I have AS10 and BA10, both are way different in sound. True the shape of BA10 is far from ergonomic, there is a trick that works when using the BA10.
20210210_180254.jpg
Here you can see the cable is angled upward just like you normally use an IEM. If I were to use the BA10 like this, my earlobe will start hurting after awhile. You can see how the back of the BA10 attached to my earlobe.20210210_180228.jpg
Now, this is how I use my BA10. The cable is almost perfectly parallel to my glasses. I can wear my BA10 for hours without my earlobe getting hurt.

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #54,192 of 63,958
One can't just look at freq response and say oh this IEM and this IEM will sound similar. I

If one is familiar with measurements and has a working knowledge of psycho-acoustics, there's tons of information that can be gleaned.

As for what you're hearing, there are numerous factors that come into play, none of which I'm in the mood to debate.

Feb 10, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #54,193 of 63,958
Okay then!
Stop misleading people when you don't have said IEM and said it will sound similar to your previous IEMs without even hearing it. Up to you if you want to believe psycho whatever, but without listening it yourself, whatever you said is just assumption.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #54,194 of 63,958
If anybody here upgrades their ZAX to something else and wants to sell...pm me...looking for a black one.

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #54,195 of 63,958

graph-1.png
I don’t have the AS10, so I can’t opine on how it sounds, or compare it to the BA10, but just with a quick glance, the AS10 and BA10 graphs don’t really look similar other than both being V-shaped. I can completely understand being deterred by the shape of the BA10 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back