Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 9, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #54,166 of 63,834
20210209_090137.jpg
Second pair of BA10 added to collection. If you are looking for fun sounding IEM, look no further.

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #54,167 of 63,834
AliEx finally refunded me for my stolen BA10 after initially saying no refund... I'm not sure of the reason for the reversal but I believe that my posting of the situation on this forum may have made them realize they would have lost more business than the 42 bucks they would have gotten from me.. Either way I'm grateful for the refund but still cautious about purchasing from AE, especially higher prices items.. In this economy and situation most of us do not have expendable cash to just give away....in the meantime, waiting for my second DQ6 to arrive.... That was a short lived boycott!! Lol!

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #54,168 of 63,834
AliEx finally refunded me for my stolen BA10 after initially saying no refund... I'm not sure of the reason for the reversal but I believe that my posting of the situation on this forum may have made them realize they would have lost more business than the 42 bucks they would have gotten from me.

I don't think it's because of your posts. They have weird customers support. If you have a good amount of successful orders, they will treat you better, they even have classified account groups because of that. I think eBay has its own implementation of the same exact system though.

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #54,169 of 63,834
I don't think it's because of your posts. They have weird customers support. If you have a good amount of successful orders, they will treat you better, they even have classified account groups because of that. I think eBay has its own implementation of the same exact system though.
True, could be very possible that your theory is correct... I have made a ton of orders with them with very few disputes..

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #54,170 of 63,834
True, could be very possible that your theory is correct... I have made a ton of orders with them with very few disputes..
I have never returned anything when ordering from AliExpress. Why? Because I treat it as a lost cost hahaha. If it turn out great then awesome, if not then I just suck it up basically.

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #54,171 of 63,834
Alright that does it, these BA10's are way too good. They give me goose bumps from time to time.

I'm lovin' that fast and tight BA bass. Combine that with the good technicality's, sound stage, imaging and coherency due to the 4-way crossover.
It just keeps me coming back for more, even with the poor fit. I can't quite describe the feeling when I'm listening to them other than that they make me feel like I'm home.
(I've been at home for over a month due to lockdown but that not quite what I meant)

Don't get me wrong, they have their problems and I still prefer my Tri Starsea to them but these are a definite mainstay along with the ZAX and the KBEAR Lark.

And ever the crow I managed to snap up a silver DQ6 for €17 to go along with the gold BA10. I might have a problem... :sweat_smile:

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #54,172 of 63,834
AliEx finally refunded me for my stolen BA10 after initially saying no refund... I'm not sure of the reason for the reversal but I believe that my posting of the situation on this forum may have made them realize they would have lost more business than the 42 bucks they would have gotten from me.. Either way I'm grateful for the refund but still cautious about purchasing from AE, especially higher prices items.. In this economy and situation most of us do not have expendable cash to just give away....in the meantime, waiting for my second DQ6 to arrive.... That was a short lived boycott!! Lol!
If you’re in the U.S. there’s one pair of the KZ BA10 (red/black) left on Amazon, for $48.41
gold/red is coming at a premium, $66.99

Feb 9, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #54,173 of 63,834
I have never returned anything when ordering from AliExpress. Why? Because I treat it as a lost cost hahaha. If it turn out great then awesome, if not then I just suck it up basically.
I also have never returned, nor sold anything bought from AE..I have given away a lot though...I have been fortunate to have had minimal problems with orders so it kinda threw me a bit when they were giving me problems about an obvious refund issue.. Whatever the case I got my refund and had already purchased the BA10 from Amazon so I'm good... Loving my DQ6 and got another on the way....

Feb 9, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #54,175 of 63,834
Alright that does it, these BA10's are way too good. They give me goose bumps from time to time.

I'm lovin' that fast and tight BA bass. Combine that with the good technicality's, sound stage, imaging and coherency due to the 4-way crossover.
It just keeps me coming back for more, even with the poor fit. I can't quite describe the feeling when I'm listening to them other than that they make me feel like I'm home.
(I've been at home for over a month due to lockdown but that not quite what I meant)

Don't get me wrong, they have their problems and I still prefer my Tri Starsea to them but these are a definite mainstay along with the ZAX and the KBEAR Lark.

And ever the crow I managed to snap up a silver DQ6 for €17 to go along with the gold BA10. I might have a problem... :sweat_smile:
You Are Not Alone....

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #54,176 of 63,834
just got my EDX, testing them atm, one pass with log sweep reveal very noticeable peaks at pass 4.1k and in between 5.6k and 7.7k.

and the cable isn't great, it's still in its kinked state out of the box, anyway to straighter these bois out?

also also, I shall summon thee @Slater @Slater @Slater as guided by other members, as to how to open KZ EDX for this person would like to open it without damaging it, if you don't mind sharing the knowledge that you have obtained o7

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #54,177 of 63,834

BA10, ZAX, Starsea and Lark. Agree on all four counts!

Feb 10, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #54,178 of 63,834
How is the ZAX bass compared to KZS10 Pro

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #54,180 of 63,834
Everything the ZS10 Pro does well, the ZAX does better, and with more style!
great...does the open design leak much ,..enough to amount to anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back