Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #5,086 of 63,929
  But the DT5 is also dual drivers,

can kz DT5 owners answer this?

I am concerned about the weight of the "controller/amp"...

Yeah, I doubt it.....

It's almost similar to Bose QC20 ANC but in this its just amp with Bass & Treble, mic for answer/hang up calls w/o NC feature and also like FiiO Rocky E02i, smartphone HP amp, so it's much of ultra-portability and so light weight.

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #5,087 of 63,929
  Everyone has different sound preference... while considering source gear as one important parameter one should keep in mind that personal taste is even bigger factor.

+1

I wonder how much they are going to charge it, good ol' times of KZ <$10 are likely to be over soon.

Say it ain't so! ......No, this cannot be!   
triportsad.gif

.....life without $10 KZ's

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #5,090 of 63,929
Nooo, KZ is one of the main reasons for my 5kg weight loss! Every time i think on having a meal at MacDonald's i just open my smartphone and buy a KZ IEM LOL

Lol I'm laughing so much xD nice idea btw :wink:

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #5,091 of 63,929
How does one open the back of ED9? I tried a flat screwdriver and a clothespin and so far no luck. Upon further testing there seems to be a driver mounting problem on one channel, I think it should be easily fixable if I can access the back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #5,092 of 63,929
Take pliers with flat small tip, grab from the middle of the backplate and just pull, it should come off easily.
Upon further testing there seems to be a driver mounting problem on one channel, I think it should be easily fixable

Sorry to inform You but I think You can`t fix it - driver is glued deep into body and not removable/moveable.

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #5,093 of 63,929
smily_headphones1.gif
Let's get back into this ATE thing. Okay, a couple weeks earlier I stated that my OOTB Pair of Clears sounded absolutely the same as my well- broken-in pair of Modded, (Ala' Coil), pair of Silvers....

NOW ADD 200 Hrs. Burn in time and this statement IS NO LONGER TRUE. (Hey I can admit when I'm wrong). The Modded Silvers SLAY the  Unaltered Clears.

OKAY......

So...... I modded the Clears in the same Fashion as the Silvers. There is something Different going on here. Is it possible that they changed the driver specs on the Clears? They are Brighter and do not have the Authoritive BASS that the Silvers have. Don't get me wrong, they have good bass, just not as much or as tight as the Silvers. Coil, you remember me telling you when I first got the Silvers I thought they were Bass Heavy? WELL, They still are. It's more apparent when you compare them directly with the Clears though.

I'm Happy, no real complaints I like BOTH of their sound signatures. It's just weird to me that they shouldn't sound Identical with the same Mods..... Maybe the Difference is in the Housing materials between the Clear and the Solid Plastic Shells? Why did they sound Identical before I burnt the 2nd Pair in? Even weirder....

Welcome to my world.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #5,094 of 63,929
Just received the ED9 in the mail, stuffed the bronze filters with extra foam, mark me super impressed, and this is coming from being spoiled by Dunu Titan 1, ZA Tenore, Ety ER4 ...etc

I've been this hobby for well over ten years, and have yet to see a pair of sub 10 IEM punch so much above their price range. There is the common QC issue, as the filter in the nozzle is not fully attached to begin with, but a bit of burnishing with the side of a screw driver and it's back in place. Ended up stuffing low density foam all the way towards the filter to tame the brightness, but plenty detail and control since the simple mod.

Sound signature (after foam stuffing) wise, I find these to resemble the low end of ZA Tenore and the top end of Titan 1, with a more filled in lower mid range than Titan 1. They exhibit slight graininess towards the high end (as in pretty harmless 9k-10k), but the peaks are not too ringy. All in all incredible value and super easy to fine tune.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ooh got a photo of the type of foam you used? I'm finding it a tad too bright and thin.

not too sure about the passive mode, but for the switch, hopefully it can be used as a "by-pass".

with built-in eq/amp more likely, don't think there is a dac...

thanks

no news atm

Ah you're right, just noticed that.

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #5,095 of 63,929

Coil, you remember me telling you when I first got the Silvers I thought they were Bass Heavy? WELL, They still are. It's more apparent when you compare them directly with the Clears though.

Did I really say that about silver ATE`s? Will search my posts about silver ones later but I don`t remember saying they were bass heavy
rolleyes.gif

It's just weird to me that they shouldn't sound Identical with the same Mods..... Maybe the Difference is in the Housing materials between the Clear and the Solid Plastic Shells? Why did they sound Identical before I burnt the 2nd Pair in? Even weirder....

I don`t think they have different dirvers/tuning but I do think there is slight difference in sound "hollowness" between shell materials. Clear ATE s don`t have so much "hollowness" as silver ones. That was basically only difference I noticed but this was from psychoacoustic memory and might not be so accurate.
Have You checked Your ATE breathing holes difference? Aren`t Your silvers holes jammed littlebit and hence the "more bass" feeling? Are Your clear ones breathing hole filters nicely in place?
Another thing I noticed, that "burning-in" (without listening during process) ATEs with more than average vol. and powerful amp seemed to make things clearer and littlebit more detailed.

Jul 8, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #5,096 of 63,929
  Did I really say that about silver ATE`s? Will search my posts about silver ones later but I don`t remember saying they were bass heavy
rolleyes.gif

@Coil, if i am not wrong what @TwinACstacks meant was he told you that there is a sonic difference (bass in particular) between silver and clear ATEs sometime back with silver ATEs having more bass than clear ones (which he still feels)

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #5,097 of 63,929
Hi, I am thinking about buying ED10/ Ate. I want iem for running, so I'd prefer good seal+isolation+comfort over slightly better sq. Which one would be better for that use (I guess I have medium-large ears). Thnaks.

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #5,098 of 63,929
  @Coil, if i am not wrong what @TwinACstacks meant was he told you that there is a sonic difference (bass in particular) between silver and clear ATEs sometime back with silver ATEs having more bass than clear ones (which he still feels)

smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx MeeBee. Hey, looking at your IEM's, may I suggest save your pennies and Invest in a pair of DUNU TITANS, around $115 USD?  DUNU really outdid themselves at their pricepoint, (in fact they should be kicking themselves). IMO they are Equal to their old flagship DN2000 and better than their DN1000 and cost way less than either.

You won't regret it.

BTW, before someone brings it up, NO I am not saying they sound better than the NEW DN2000J which I understand is stellar.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #5,099 of 63,929
Received ED9 today. Had to wait for more than a month. I think I'm the last person to receive it from the lot when it was available for $6.13.
Talking about the sound, honestly I wasn't very impressed initially. Found the sound very dry/ cold. Tiny midsand weaker bass. So I kept it on pink noise and frybaby simultaneously for couple of hours. And the sound has changed. I never experienced such a quick change before. I'm using bronze filters with medium sized black tips and playing on Fiio X3ii + Fiio E6 combo.
Now the sound is big, I mean really big. Bass is tighter, mids are forward, highs are clear. Slowly I've started falling in love with them. Definitely one of the best bang for bucks.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #5,100 of 63,929

Nooo, KZ is one of the main reasons for my 5kg weight loss! Every time i think on having a meal at MacDonald's i just open my smartphone and buy a KZ IEM LOL

I luv it Leo, that is friggin hilarious
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back