Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #5,071 of 63,928
This thing is most probably an amp or booster with tone controls (bass/treble) that you plug in a phone or player. Not a DAC as it says usb charger to charge the internal battery. you can see image of smart phone/ tablet and recorder/player to which it may be plugged.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #5,073 of 63,928
  8mm + 6.8mm dual drivers !!!
looks good

This looks pretty good actually! Like Havis with an integrated Fiio E06. Excellent for phones but probably less so for those with DAPs already.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #5,075 of 63,928
  Interesting, not sure if it won't become cumbersome in the long run, so I hope at least it could run in passive mode. If it's cheap like other KZ IEM (or cheap enough for the quality), then hey, I'm open to new idea like this. :D

not too sure about the passive mode, but for the switch, hopefully it can be used as a "by-pass".

Wait, WAT!?
Dual drivers with built in eq/dac/amp(?) 
Hmm... it seems very interesting IMO, now i am interested for the price.
I am almost sure it will be able to run in passive mode as well.

with built-in eq/amp more likely, don't think there is a dac...

I'll translate the last picture,from left to right,
volume -,volume +, on/off switch,USB charger,LCD,
Next row,
Highs +, highs -,low +, low -,pickup or hangup calls.

Its an dac/amp(not sure) with eq and kz claims to have 2 piece of ic,each ic drives 1 driver. You don't need to worry About how to drive the earphones, they do it for you.(hence why I think it's an amp)
This is interesting.

thanks

This looks promising. Any price or release date details?

no news atm

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #5,076 of 63,928

8mm + 6.8mm dual drivers !!!

That`s all I care about. If price is decent, will get it and change cable... not interested in that "player" thingy.

looking forward to your modification pictures later

But the DT5 is also dual drivers, if this headphone sound could be much MORE better? If 2 in 1 could be better than professional amps & headphone? Why not just choose amps with headphone? I am confused about this design. Hope have a good performance
popcorn.gif

can kz DT5 owners answer this?

This thing is most probably an amp or booster with tone controls (bass/treble) that you plug in a phone or player. Not a DAC as it says usb charger to charge the internal battery. you can see image of smart phone/ tablet and recorder/player to which it may be plugged.

yap

Quote:
  This looks pretty good actually! Like Havis with an integrated Fiio E06. Excellent for phones but probably less so for those with DAPs already.

I am concerned about the weight of the "controller/amp"...

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #5,077 of 63,928
Just received the ED9 in the mail, stuffed the bronze filters with extra foam, mark me super impressed, and this is coming from being spoiled by Dunu Titan 1, ZA Tenore, Ety ER4 ...etc

I've been this hobby for well over ten years, and have yet to see a pair of sub 10 IEM punch so much above their price range. There is the common QC issue, as the filter in the nozzle is not fully attached to begin with, but a bit of burnishing with the side of a screw driver and it's back in place. Ended up stuffing low density foam all the way towards the filter to tame the brightness, but plenty detail and control since the simple mod.

Sound signature (after foam stuffing) wise, I find these to resemble the low end of ZA Tenore and the top end of Titan 1, with a more filled in lower mid range than Titan 1. They exhibit slight graininess towards the high end (as in pretty harmless 9k-10k), but the peaks are not too ringy. All in all incredible value and super easy to fine tune.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #5,079 of 63,928
If I had to guess, an ADC to do digital processing, then a DAC back to analog before sending to dual headphone drivers. I would love to see analog high / low shelf in a dual driver bi-amp setup, but I can't quite think of an viable implementation that rely on buttons to control.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #5,080 of 63,928
Just received the ED9 in the mail, stuffed the bronze filters with extra foam, mark me super impressed, and this is coming from being spoiled by Dunu Titan 1, ZA Tenore, Ety ER4 ...etc

I've been this hobby for well over ten years, and have yet to see a pair of sub 10 IEM punch so much above their price range. There is the common QC issue, as the filter in the nozzle is not fully attached to begin with, but a bit of burnishing with the side of a screw driver and it's back in place. Ended up stuffing low density foam all the way towards the filter to tame the brightness, but plenty detail and control since the simple mod.

Sound signature (after foam stuffing) wise, I find these to resemble the low end of ZA Tenore and the top end of Titan 1, with a more filled in lower mid range than Titan 1. They exhibit slight graininess towards the high end (as in pretty harmless 9k-10k), but the peaks are not too ringy. All in all incredible value and super easy to fine tune.

Thanks for feedback. Yeah, brass nozzles + proper amount and type of material makes them pretty great :wink:

Jul 7, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #5,082 of 63,928
Gr black nozzles made them littlebit too bassy imo. Though, they were newer GR ones with not 100% perfect fit winding to ED9.

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #5,085 of 63,928
  Gr black nozzles made them littlebit too bassy imo. Though, they were newer GR ones with not 100% perfect fit winding to ED9.

Everyone has different sound preference... while considering source gear as one important parameter one should keep in mind that personal taste is even bigger factor.

+1

I wonder how much they are going to charge it, good ol' times of KZ <$10 are likely to be over soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back