Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #49,786 of 63,915
Of all the things i've wanted to be. I've never thought of being an iem. :L3000:

Just kidding, i have the zs7 and can vouch for that with swapped cables and spinfits!
.....or Spiral Dots!

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #49,787 of 63,915
I personally use missdoku (something like that) extra large tips because they are cheap, they sound good, and they fit my cavernous ear holes. I think they are 14.5mm wide. Also x large tips are hard to find. They fit on all my kz models. I think I've owned 6 kz earphones.

Apr 20, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #49,788 of 63,915
For anyone like me who still needs a microphone in their cable, I just discovered these two cables, I don't know their quality yet but I ordered them and when I receive them I'll tell you if they are worth it.
2 pin 0.75mm to 3.5mm Earphone Replacement Earbuds Exchange Cable w/ 3 Remote Buttons Gold Plated Straight Plug for KZ ED12 ES3
http://s.aliexpress.com/beYVVbEB?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

2 pin 0.75mm to 3.5mm Earphone Replacement Earbuds Exchange Cable w/ 3 Remote Buttons Gold Plated Bent/Straight Plug
http://s.aliexpress.com/Un6bAJ3q?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

I am sure they won't be as high quality as some other cables available, but I am very happy that I found cables with 2 pins and microphone with volume keys.

Did you ever end of liking these cables? Would you recommend? Seems they are unavailable now

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #49,789 of 63,915
Just received my KZ ZS10 Pro and KZ Silver Plated upgrade cable (bought both from the same seller).

I know these are <$50 and I shouldn't be too picky and that's fine, but I'm just noticing a couple of things that might suggest i've got a 'factory second' or a refurbished stock...

Here are my issues;
  1. There is some pitting on the left earphone in the left earphone (circled in red), is this a QC issue?
    ZS10pro pitting.jpg

2. I ordered the KZ Silver Upgrade Cable from the same seller, and the box for the cable came shrink wrapped in plastic however my ZS10 Pro box did not come in shrink wrapped plastic.. Seems strange that they would only shrink wrap some things. Does anyone remember if their ZS10Pro also came shrink wrapped or not? My fear is mine was previously opened. Picture of the Silver Upgrade Cable box with shrink wrap that was not present on the ZS10 Pro box:
    Silver cable upgrade box.jpg

3. There is no Left/Right marking on the IEM's themselves, only on the cable. Is that normal? Online reviews suggest there is some marking on the IEM's too

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #49,790 of 63,915
Just received my KZ ZS10 Pro and KZ Silver Plated upgrade cable (bought both from the same seller).

I know these are <$50 and I shouldn't be too picky and that's fine, but I'm just noticing a couple of things that might suggest i've got a 'factory second' or a refurbished stock...

Here are my issues;
  1. There is some pitting on the left earphone in the left earphone (circled in red), is this a QC issue?
    ZS10pro pitting.jpg

2. I ordered the KZ Silver Upgrade Cable from the same seller, and the box for the cable came shrink wrapped in plastic however my ZS10 Pro box did not come in shrink wrapped plastic.. Seems strange that they would only shrink wrap some things. Does anyone remember if their ZS10Pro also came shrink wrapped or not? My fear is mine was previously opened. Picture of the Silver Upgrade Cable box with shrink wrap that was not present on the ZS10 Pro box:

3. There is no Left/Right marking on the IEM's themselves, only on the cable. Is that normal? Online reviews suggest there is some marking on the IEM's too
QC issues with Chi-Fi? Surely you jest...

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #49,791 of 63,915
I personally use missdoku (something like that) extra large tips because they are cheap, they sound good, and they fit my cavernous ear holes. I think they are 14.5mm wide. Also x large tips are hard to find. They fit on all my kz models. I think I've owned 6 kz earphones.

you must be thinking of Misodiko, the mushroom like foam, similar to ikko i planet eartips. Yes i have them too, along with spiral dot, spiral dot++ and anything else.
Misodiko characteristic is quite sharp, so for edgy IEMs, i wouldnt too recommend them. Spiral dot++ on other side make edgy IEM become smooth, but this is bad to pair with already smooth IEMs, they become too smooth and "bouncy feeling" you will know what i mean after you listen. I like misodiko foam but for bass part, they kill the sub bass extension, too bad.

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #49,792 of 63,915

Here are my issues;
    ZS10pro pitting.jpg

that is pretty normal in chifi QC, dont expect them like a very big brand. as long the sound is OK, well put anything aside, lower your nitpick standard buddy. as for shrink wrap plastic, unfortunately yes, the KZ IEMs should be come in wrapped plastic from factory.

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #49,793 of 63,915
that is pretty normal in chifi QC, dont expect them like a very big brand. as long the sound is OK, well put anything aside, lower your nitpick standard buddy. as for shrink wrap plastic, unfortunately yes, the KZ IEMs should be come in wrapped plastic from factory.

Great thanks. yes you're right, I shouldn't expect too much at this price point.

Regarding the shrink wrap and possibility of this being opened stock, should I contact the seller? Wish me luck with the language barrier...

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #49,794 of 63,915
Great thanks. yes you're right, I shouldn't expect too much at this price point.

Regarding the shrink wrap and possibility of this being opened stock, should I contact the seller? Wish me luck with the language barrier...

If the quality of the sound doesn't matter, just keep them because in my opinion, shipping cost back to china will cost you quite some money even they want to replace with new sealed unit and free shipment from china. As long as there is no any major problem, just keep them

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #49,796 of 63,915

1. There is no Left/Right marking on the IEM's themselves, only on the cable. Is that normal? Online reviews suggest there is some marking on the IEM's too

How to tell L from R:

1. Hold up the IEM so that the ‘pointy’ part of the shell is facing down.
2. Now look at what direction the nozzle/eartip is pointing towards.
3. If the nozzle/eartip is pointing to the LEFT, then that’s the LEFT IEM shell.
4. If the nozzle/eartip is pointing to the RIGHT, then that’s the RIGHT IEM shell.

How2 tell L from R.jpg

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #49,797 of 63,915
How to tell L from R:

1. Hold up the IEM so that the ‘pointy’ part of the shell is facing down.
2. Now look at what direction the nozzle/eartip is pointing towards.
3. If the nozzle/eartip is pointing to the LEFT, then that’s the LEFT IEM shell.
4. If the nozzle/eartip is pointing to the RIGHT, then that’s the RIGHT IEM shell.

How2 tell L from R.jpg

Thanks. I figured it out from pictures online, but just wanted to check if the ZS10Pro should have the marking on the IEM or not (and if not, perhaps I received a factory second)

Apr 20, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #49,800 of 63,915
dh0licious is there any difference in sound quality between stock brown cable and the silver upgrade cable? thanks
Scientifically, at 30 Ohm specified, cables should not matter that much for ZS10 pro.

Audiophilcally, I love it exactly with the KZ silver upgrade cable, which somehow faired a bit better to my ears than different 8- and 16-core cables.

I believe ZS10 pro were designed to be less demanding on the source and cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back