Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 17, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #49,141 of 63,916
Man. You are being ridiculously defensive and upset about this. Who are you trying to convince, me or you? Yikes.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #49,142 of 63,916
I gave my ZS10 Pro away @teus but I've regretted that move and have a replacement coming however I do wish KZ had made it with the satin finish face plate ala ZSX:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So the only way I could justify this killer $44 cable on my ZS4's was to buy a second pair to have a red right and black left, next I'll probably be getting a multi belted jacket to wear in the padded room:smirk:

Damn that's a classy / sexy cable. It's the type of cable Hollywood stars choke themselves with while masturbating.
Shweeeeet!!!! I want one

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #49,143 of 63,916
Man. You are being ridiculously defensive and upset about this. Who are you trying to convince, me or you? Yikes.

Hey now ridiculous is as ridiculous does, I mean you basically just said anyone buying a cable for sound upgrade was ridiculous right? I'm not defensive nor am I mad at you as you are entitled to your opinion of anything but laughing at us is just a little on the rude side don't you think? As for the convincing part I'm just stating how I feel about it like you have with upgrade cables in general. Just saying it as I see it, that was like an attack for those who've spent their hard earned cash on something they like whether you do or not so by all means laugh:v:

@Solar1971 if you are serious help yourself https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970249542.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3d884c4d2086eU and if you are just being sarcastic I hope you never choke on anything!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #49,144 of 63,916
37-1k-046-images-37-1k-046_9.jpg

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #49,145 of 63,916
Dec 17, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #49,146 of 63,916
Seriously, 25 post and this is the way you want to start your journey here:rolling_eyes: Not sure but that "w" and "s" may be reversed:smirk: Curious if you rate your post from 1 to placebo where it falls? Welcome aboard and hold on tight:wink:

Damn, I see that my comment started a domino effect :beyersmile:, it was harmless joke and I didn't mean for it to sound aggressive or "making fun" regarding his post :ksc75smile:

Btw just for the record I bought "2 years ago" a 40$ upgrade cable from China for my ath-im70 and it helped the sound quality by a good margin actually.:beerchug:

Dec 17, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #49,147 of 63,916
Damn, I see that my comment started a domino effect :beyersmile:, it was harmless joke and I didn't mean for it to sound aggressive or "making fun" regarding his post :ksc75smile:

Btw just for the record I bought "2 years ago" a 40$ upgrade cable from China for my ath-im70 and it helped the sound quality by a good margin actually.:beerchug:

Ah, no harm no foul although I might have been a little rough on SGD but it was not to be mean just my take on what I read. He knows I'm pretty cool/OK with pretty much everything, I'd be willing to bet most perceived sound changes are at least 50% placebo too when it comes to upgrade cables:thinking: :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #49,148 of 63,916
ZS-10 Pro impressions

I tested the ZS-10 Pro for a number of hours this week, and I have to say that it is a success.

9BBKhkD.jpg

I bought the ZS-10 Pro in the summer, knowing full well that the ZSX was already out. I had read good reviews of the ZS10P, whereas the ZSX was still an unknown quantity. This conservative approach is probably not the wisest in Chi-Fi, but I also read that the ZS10P had good fit, which is important to me in a KZ IEM.

The ZS10P succeeds as both a mobile IEM on a weak device like an iPod Touch 4, or with a PC DAC/AMP. There is a difference in authority between the two. I find that on the iPod, the ZS10P lacks juice and slam with hip-hop, metal, trance, and D&B. Guitar strings are notably weaker. However, it is okay overall with classic rock and pop, and beats and electronic noises are still strong.

I was comparing the ZS10P and V90 back-and-forth heavily on Friday, to the point where I started losing track of which was which. [They are within range of each other]. It's a real shootout with hip-hop, although the V90 trounces it in D&B. I think that the ZS10P is a more 'generalist' tuning, in the sense that I would use it for a wider range of music than the V90. However, the V90 digs deeper in bass.

Compared to the V90 and C10, there are some spikes or peaks in the treble that I am sensitive to, but it is not extreme. What is more irritating is the steely KZ sound, which is still present to a degree in this model. I don't use it for anything acoustic, or requiring accurate representations of classical and jazz instruments. And you can forget a lot of prog. rock. That being said, it reproduces pop and classic rock with some pizazz, and sounded more 'alive' in those categories than the V90.

The ZS10P is going to become one of my mobile IEMs. It has weak sound isolation, despite the good fit, but it is strong in registers that drown out background noise. I can hear the music fairly clearly even at 25-33% volume on the iPod Touch. And it is very hassle-free. I did not even need to change tips or cable. In terms of build quality, the shells are really nice, and the shiny metal is attractive. However, it scratches easily, unlike the metal faceplace of the C10.

With light amping on a PC, the ZS10P delivers authoritative slam and punch approaching the V90, but not quite there. I find that the V90 is tuned more 'neutrally,' or has a more 'mature' tuning, which isn't necessarily a good thing on a $30 IEM that lacks some detail, in my opinion. The V-shape plays to the KZ's strengths here, creating a more fun and exciting sound that causes you to overlook the grain in the mid-range and upper register. Despite the recessed midrange, vocals are fairly strong and coherent.

I'm curious about how the ZSX stacks up. It is said to be tuned in a less-extreme fashion, with a shallower 'V.' If the ZSX removes the 'steeliness,' then a more mature tuning would work. Turning up the volume would not be as punishing, in a generalist IEM like that. So I guess that's the next stop, but I'm happy with what the ZS10P can do for now.

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #49,149 of 63,916
From 1 to placebo how would your rate the upgrade
LOL! ...In my personal experience, placebo doesn't play a role. But, knowing that (again, from personal experience) ear tips and different materials in the cabling can change the tuning just north or south of what one might expect, I can vouch that the ZSX does sound better now, then with the original cables. Though, comfort may still be in issue, they can definitely hang just as nice as the BLON BL03, IMHO.

Dec 18, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #49,150 of 63,916
ZS-10 Pro impressions

I tested the ZS-10 Pro for a number of hours this week, and I have to say that it is a success.

9BBKhkD.jpg

I bought the ZS-10 Pro in the summer, knowing full well that the ZSX was already out. I had read good reviews of the ZS10P, whereas the ZSX was still an unknown quantity. This conservative approach is probably not the wisest in Chi-Fi, but I also read that the ZS10P had good fit, which is important to me in a KZ IEM.

The ZS10P succeeds as both a mobile IEM on a weak device like an iPod Touch 4, or with a PC DAC/AMP. There is a difference in authority between the two. I find that on the iPod, the ZS10P lacks juice and slam with hip-hop, metal, trance, and D&B. Guitar strings are notably weaker. However, it is okay overall with classic rock and pop, and beats and electronic noises are still strong.

I was comparing the ZS10P and V90 back-and-forth heavily on Friday, to the point where I started losing track of which was which. [They are within range of each other]. It's a real shootout with hip-hop, although the V90 trounces it in D&B. I think that the ZS10P is a more 'generalist' tuning, in the sense that I would use it for a wider range of music than the V90. However, the V90 digs deeper in bass.

Compared to the V90 and C10, there are some spikes or peaks in the treble that I am sensitive to, but it is not extreme. What is more irritating is the steely KZ sound, which is still present to a degree in this model. I don't use it for anything acoustic, or requiring accurate representations of classical and jazz instruments. And you can forget a lot of prog. rock. That being said, it reproduces pop and classic rock with some pizazz, and sounded more 'alive' in those categories than the V90.

The ZS10P is going to become one of my mobile IEMs. It has weak sound isolation, despite the good fit, but it is strong in registers that drown out background noise. I can hear the music fairly clearly even at 25-33% volume on the iPod Touch. And it is very hassle-free. I did not even need to change tips or cable. In terms of build quality, the shells are really nice, and the shiny metal is attractive. However, it scratches easily, unlike the metal faceplace of the C10.

With light amping on a PC, the ZS10P delivers authoritative slam and punch approaching the V90, but not quite there. I find that the V90 is tuned more 'neutrally,' or has a more 'mature' tuning, which isn't necessarily a good thing on a $30 IEM that lacks some detail, in my opinion. The V-shape plays to the KZ's strengths here, creating a more fun and exciting sound that causes you to overlook the grain in the mid-range and upper register. Despite the recessed midrange, vocals are fairly strong and coherent.

I'm curious about how the ZSX stacks up. It is said to be tuned in a less-extreme fashion, with a shallower 'V.' If the ZSX removes the 'steeliness,' then a more mature tuning would work. Turning up the volume would not be as punishing, in a generalist IEM like that. So I guess that's the next stop, but I'm happy with what the ZS10P can do for now.

Nice impressions. Agree with your views!

BTW what tips are you using with the ZS10 Pro? I find it's isolation is quite good with spinfits, gives me about 15 dB isolation. Good for transit and stage monitoring IMHO at the price.

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #49,151 of 63,916
Good question, baskingshark.

I had originally purchased some CP145 M or L tips intended for use with the ZS-10 Pro, along with a KZ gold "upgrade" cable. I ended up using the CP145 (my only pair, back then) on the Blon BL-03. It was an unplanned purchase, and usurped the CP145 tips. [And it needed it more.]

So the BLON got the tips because of bad fit, and I ended up keeping the ZS-10 Pro tips. Truth is, they fit pretty okay. I don't have problems with KZ tips, except the Starlines on the ZS-7, which I found go better on other IEMs.

And the cable is still stock, because why not? It's a tangle cable, but it requires so little power.

[I might try Starlines on it, when the new batch arrives.]

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #49,152 of 63,916
I have had expensive/cheap cables over the years, for both head/ear phones, and HiFi Speakers, and never perceived a difference, BUT, people with better ears than me well might. What people spend their money on is their affair. I used to spend my money on Parachuting, so that makes me mad/stupid anyway.

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #49,153 of 63,916
Hello Guys!

So basically, I was blown away by the Quality of KZ for its price.
still remember just like 3-4 years ago, I bought an earphone that cost me 100 USD but has almost the same quality with my KZ ZSN Pro.

So right know, I am in a search for over the ear headphone. Because my Sennheiser HD600 left driver broke.
Is there a brand like KZ for Over the Ear Headphone? Like Awesome quality with a very affordable price. ( oh ya, I mainly listen to Classical Music)

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #49,154 of 63,916
Hello Guys!

still remember just like 3-4 years ago, I bought an earphone that cost me 100 USD but has almost the same quality with my KZ ZSN Pro.

So right know, I am in a search for over the ear headphone. Because my Sennheiser HD600 left driver broke.
Is there a brand like KZ for Over the Ear Headphone? Like Awesome quality with a very affordable price.

Thank you!!
Blon B8 have some good reviews. I myself bought the Blon B20 since I wanted a planar and open-back.

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #49,155 of 63,916
Hello Guys!

Is there a brand like KZ for Over the Ear Headphone? Like Awesome quality with a very affordable price. ( oh ya, I mainly listen to Classical Music)

Thank you!!

My vote, suggestion would be either the AKG 553 MKII ($99.00) or even a Superlux 668B (The superlux won't have your 600's build quality but for $40 they are AMAZING!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back