Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 8, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #48,767 of 64,004
Trying the 8 core Senlee cable with various IEMs. ZS7 very successful, the sound opened up making the profile more balanced. Soundstage and imaging improved. ZSX not so good, seemed to lose atmosphere, it sounded better with my Hifi hear hybrid cable. C12 excellent. Big soundstage and pinpoint imaging and smoother treble. I'll be testing the BLON BL-03 next. It's amazing how synergy plays such an important part in percieved sound quality. The ZSX seems quite fussy, as it didn't like the TRN 16 core cable either, but that sounds great on the BLON.

Can you provide a link for the 8 core Senless cable, and the TRN 16 core cable?

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #48,768 of 64,004
Nov 8, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #48,769 of 64,004
The ES100 with a balanced cable is straight-up godly with the ZSX. Literally the only situation where I use a different setup is when I'm at my big desk with the tube amp and my HD650.

Just sayin'.

What kind of music are you playing with the ZSX? And also, if you don't mind, could you tell me what balanced cable you are using? 11.11 is coming up, after all...

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #48,770 of 64,004
What kind of music are you playing with the ZSX? And also, if you don't mind, could you tell me what balanced cable you are using? 11.11 is coming up, after all...

Extreme metal, post-rock, and a smattering of hip-hop. Basically music with a good bit of "meat" to the rhythm section. Not a basshead, but I need a low-end that feels potent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TYHB67L/ that's the cable I'm using. The fact that it can LDAC from my phone means, for the first time, a mobile solution is literally on par with plugging stuff into a laptop, and frankly I think the ES100 sounds better than the Dragonfly Red.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #48,771 of 64,004
If u like tight bass, it would be better to go for a BA bass IMHO. DDs generally have decay on the bass. What's your budget?

Well KZ released some TWS IEMs recently didn't they? But good point, the radio silence from KZ and CCA is quite strange, especially since 11/11 and Black friday/festive period is on hand. Or maybe KZ/CCA have reached audio nirvana with their KZ ZSX and CCA C12.
That's a long time in the KZ universe. Having called the ZSX the 'Terminator' perhaps KZ are re-thinking their product range and abandoning hybrids?

Based on the BA10 you could be on to something there:thinking: I actually prefer my KZ BA10 to my HQ12’s out of the majority of my players as well:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #48,772 of 64,004
Extreme metal, post-rock, and a smattering of hip-hop. Basically music with a good bit of "meat" to the rhythm section. Not a basshead, but I need a low-end that feels potent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TYHB67L/ that's the cable I'm using. The fact that it can LDAC from my phone means, for the first time, a mobile solution is literally on par with plugging stuff into a laptop, and frankly I think the ES100 sounds better than the Dragonfly Red.

Can it handle blastbeats and Tech DM?
I think about going for the "KZ sister", CCA C12.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #48,773 of 64,004
I'll say this. Archspire has never sounded better to me than it has through the ZSX and ES100.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #48,774 of 64,004

With aplomb.

I'll say this. Archspire has never sounded better to me than it has through the ZSX and ES100.

Yep. I don't do a lot of tech death but the ZSX can handle pretty much whatever you throw at it. The tone is incredible for that style. All that ultra high-speed crap like Hour of Penance, Nile, Archspire, etc? Powerful and not at all muddy (except with the ones that are recorded badly).

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #48,775 of 64,004
With aplomb.

Yep. I don't do a lot of tech death but the ZSX can handle pretty much whatever you throw at it. The tone is incredible for that style. All that ultra high-speed crap like Hour of Penance, Nile, Archspire, etc? Powerful and not at all muddy (except with the ones that are recorded badly).
I like Nile a lot plus lots of black metal. Would you say zsx would be good for these?

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #48,776 of 64,004
I like Nile a lot plus lots of black metal. Would you say zsx would be good for these?

Abso-goddamn-lutely. I jam a ton of black metal through these and whether it's the really beefy type like Belphegor or paper-thin like Darkspace, the ZSX is perfect.

I also listen to a load of slam/brutal death, stuff like Epicardiectomy or Cephalotripsy (don't google at work, album covers highly NSFW), and my god they're heavy like a freight train with these. Same with if you're big into doom/sludge.

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #48,779 of 64,004
Abso-goddamn-lutely. I jam a ton of black metal through these and whether it's the really beefy type like Belphegor or paper-thin like Darkspace, the ZSX is perfect.

I also listen to a load of slam/brutal death, stuff like Epicardiectomy or Cephalotripsy (don't google at work, album covers highly NSFW), and my god they're heavy like a freight train with these. Same with if you're big into doom/sludge.
Looks these are going on my 11/11 cart. What dap do you use with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back