Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 13, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #48,496 of 63,917
Thank you.

Alpha7 II + Tamron 28-75mm.

Pic 1 & 3 are stacked with Zerene Stacker from 20 pics

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #48,497 of 63,917
Ok...between you, @voicemaster, @Slater and @Hawaiibadboy...I think now that I really need to get the BL 03. Here's hoping they will have a good discount on 11/11, so I can get them, along with a nice silver/silver plated cable. Thanks to everyone who has commented about this set, my bank account is gonna be in the red, once again. LOL!
Waiting to 11.11 could be to your advantage. As on the Blon thread, members are waiting for their 2nds or 3rds, to see if there's a variance between the Brown (really gunmetal) and the Silver models.

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #48,498 of 63,917
Ok...between you, @voicemaster, @Slater and @Hawaiibadboy...I think now that I really need to get the BL 03. Here's hoping they will have a good discount on 11/11, so I can get them, along with a nice silver/silver plated cable. Thanks to everyone who has commented about this set, my bank account is gonna be in the red, once again. LOL!

No need to break the bank for some expensive and ‘fancy’ cable. I’m willing to bet that you already have a cable that will work.

Or you can, of course, use the stock cable (I found that removing 1 of the 2 ear guide layers was all that’s needed to make the stock cable perfectly usable).

I also highly recommended the $3 KZ copper ZSN cable, but you’ll have to reshape the stock 2-pin socket time get it to fit.

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #48,499 of 63,917
Waiting to 11.11 could be to your advantage. As on the Blon thread, members are waiting for their 2nds or 3rds, to see if there's a variance between the Brown (really gunmetal) and the Silver models.

Blon thread?

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #48,502 of 63,917
How does the zs10 pro differ from the sound to the AS16?
is the as16 to be considered as an upgrade?

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #48,503 of 63,917
I also highly recommended the $3 KZ copper ZSN cable, but you’ll have to reshape the stock 2-pin socket time get it to fit.
I like that cable!
How difficult is that mod?

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #48,504 of 63,917
I like that cable!
How difficult is that mod?

It's not hard. Do you have a wife, girlfriend, sister, etc who is really good at filing their nails? They could probably do it in a few minutes, as it's very similar.

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #48,505 of 63,917
It's not hard. Do you have a wife, girlfriend, sister, etc who is really good at filing their nails? They could probably do it in a few minutes, as it's very similar.
I don't file my own nails, but it sounds like I could do it myself.
(I would rather do it myself than ask the women in my life to do it.)
thumbsup.png

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #48,506 of 63,917
I don't file my own nails, but it sounds like I could do it myself.
(I would rather do it myself than ask the women in my life to do it.)
thumbsup.png

Well, I'm just saying that they've been doing it for years/decades. So if you've never done it in your life, I don't know if an IEM would be the very 1st thing I would learn on. I would hate to find out that you permanently messed up the socket on your Blon. It's a 1-way street; if you remove too much material or mess it up in some way there's no way to fix it. Fingernails grow back; 2-pin sockets do not.

If you do choose to attempt it yourself, I wish you luck sir!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #48,507 of 63,917
Just tried out my brand-new KZ ZS10 Pro I received last week. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I was wondering if it would sound 'steely,' like in so many of the complaints here. But it actually sounds less steely, IMO, than my ED9 or ZS7. The tuning is relatively neutral for a KZ, and the steely sound doesn't impose itself universally. It is evident on strings, though.

Comfort is okay, not quite as nice as my CNT-1, but not bad at all. They kind of just disappear from your notice, no discomfort. I'm using stock tips, but they actually feel a little big, so I may change them later. They are snug and secure.

For a general-purpose IEM for $35, I can recommend them so far. The sound is relatively clean and crisp for something in that range, and unlike the CNT-1 I don't find vocals to be recessed. It positions the vocals fairly well. Percussion and bass isn't weak, although it can't do all the tricks my CNT-1 can. Bass is not quite as explosive as on the KZ7, of course, as it appears to be a more neutral tuning overall. Arcade Fire is still better on the KZ7.

The cable doesn't give me any microphonic issues, and because of its good fit, I could see using these as an exercise IEM for gym or biking or something. I'll have to try it on transit. Makes me wonder how the ZSX and C12 fit in comparison.

I don't know if there is any driver flex with mine. My KZ7 are impressive, but they make my ears ring like crazy.

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #48,509 of 63,917
Also, the ZS10 Pros make a kind of "thwack" sound coming out of my ears, so I don't know what that means.

Are you using a silicone tip? if so, it might just be the sound of the tips squinching (is this even a word?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back