Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 30, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #48,271 of 63,922
I use spinfit CP 100 with my KZ ZS10 Pro and it fits 100%. Never used the other 2 models (CP500 or CP155) so I can't advise whether they will fit or not.
Spinfit CP100 gives better comfort and isolation than stock tips. It does make treble a little bit increased.
wait... CP100 fit the ZS 10 Pro ?? thought it would be too small. have you used another Spinfit model?

https://spinfiteartip.com/en

Don't have the cp500 but the cp155 has a larger nozzle than the ZS10Pro I recommend the CP145
oh really ?? i thought the nozzle is around 6mm. i can go for the CP145 i guess. whats the smallest that could fit onto ZS10 Pro model ??

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #48,272 of 63,922
wait... CP100 fit the ZS 10 Pro ?? thought it would be too small. have you used another Spinfit model?

Spinfit CP100 fits all the KZs I bought so far (I don't have KZX though). I have Spinfit CP 800 but those do not fit KZs (they are for very narrow nozzle IEMs). Never tried other spinfit models.

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #48,273 of 63,922
Spinfit CP100 fits all the KZs I bought so far (I don't have KZX though). I have Spinfit CP 800 but those do not fit KZs (they are for very narrow nozzle IEMs). Never tried other spinfit models.
thanks a lot, i didnt know the 3.8mm CP100 could fit a number of KZ models including ZS10 Pro. Do you know the exact diameter of ZS10 Pro stock eartip? the medium one is just a bit too large for me and the smallest one is too small that it kinda hurt my ear canal, so im looking for eartip's diameter in between those two.

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #48,274 of 63,922
oh really ?? i thought the nozzle is around 6mm. i can go for the CP145 i guess. whats the smallest that could fit onto ZS10 Pro model ??

You don't want the smallest. They're rubber so you can squeeze a CP100 on there but it really bonks up the sound.

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #48,275 of 63,922
Sep 30, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #48,276 of 63,922
You don't want the smallest. They're rubber so you can squeeze a CP100 on there but it really bonks up the sound.
oohh thanks for the insight, but i dont see how that would affect the sound, or does that come from your experience ?

According to Spinfit themselves the CP145 is intended for KZ products so that's what I just ordered. Fingers crossed.
i just check their website, the CP145 model doesnt have eartip smaller than 11mm (the smallest CP145's eartip is 11.5) preferably i want it between 10 to 11mm. Another option i find is CP100z which has 0.2mm bigger core size than CP100.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #48,277 of 63,922
So much Spinfit talk, makes my head spin :) But thanks to you guys and catching up on like 10 pages of posts, I have learned a lot about the different sizes ... like 'need to get cp155 for the zxs which are still in the mail' ... and maybe I should also get some cp145 for my zs10 pro ... currently i have the cp100 on, they do fit, but I can see that there is quite some nozzle block going on .. can I hear it? not sure ...

Now the big question: where do you guys get your spinfits from? I find Aliexpress just kinda expensive, 6-9$ just for tips? Is there not a cheaper source? Or is that the going rate?

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #48,278 of 63,922
oohh thanks for the insight, but i dont see how that would affect the sound, or does that come from your experience ?

Experience. I put the CP100s on my ZSX and the sound changed drastically for the worse. It was congested and the bass became incredibly bloomy and undefined.

It's not hard to understand why. A speaker nozzle has a given diameter and you're pushing the air through a narrower channel, not much different than making a speaker box with different diameter vents in it (though speakers are situated in one of the walls of the box rather than wholly inside). That's why different diameters exist with such small increments. They're made of rubber, they'll stretch over pretty damn big nozzles, but it'll sound awful.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #48,279 of 63,922
So much Spinfit talk, makes my head spin :) But thanks to you guys and catching up on like 10 pages of posts, I have learned a lot about the different sizes ... like 'need to get cp155 for the zxs which are still in the mail' ... and maybe I should also get some cp145 for my zs10 pro ... currently i have the cp100 on, they do fit, but I can see that there is quite some nozzle block going on .. can I hear it? not sure ...

Now the big question: where do you guys get your spinfits from? I find Aliexpress just kinda expensive, 6-9$ just for tips? Is there not a cheaper source? Or is that the going rate?

$10 for tips is incredibly reasonable for good ones, especially since they come in a pack of a few pairs. You can get junk tips by the bag but they'll barely seal and be crazy thin.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #48,280 of 63,922

i just check their website, the CP145 model doesnt have eartip smaller than 11mm (the smallest CP145's eartip is 11.5) preferably i want it between 10 to 11mm. Another option i find is CP100z which has 0.2mm bigger core size than CP100.
Smaller tube opening means increased air pressure. It's how a compression driver in horn tweeters work (or things like megaphones for example.) a larger driver behind a smaller opening increases the air pressure, making it more efficient.

You can definitely fit smaller tips on the ZSX if it's flexible enough, I put Sony hybrids on there and they are small nozzles.

BTW have any of you tried spiral dot tips? How do you like them? There are so many sizes idk which one to pick and they are $15 a pair lmao

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #48,281 of 63,922
$10 for tips is incredibly reasonable for good ones, especially since they come in a pack of a few pairs. You can get junk tips by the bag but they'll barely seal and be crazy thin.

Where do you find 'pack of few pairs'? All offers I find on Ali make it very clear the prices I mentioned are for ONE pair (2 pieces) ... they cut the packages ... where do I get those full packages? :D (and at what price?)

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #48,282 of 63,922
It's a pity there are no more reviews of the KZ AS12. They're really good earphones. Maybe the best multi-BAs under $100.
They haven't very natural timbre, but great detail and transient. Suitable for many genres due to their smooth mild V-shape sound signature. Yet female vocals are alive, male vocals not so.
Bass is very detailed, surprisingly deep and flat. I EQ it for edm.
Mids are smooth, V-shaped with a little artificial timbre (but better then AS16 timbre)
Trebles are fantastic for the price. Clear, smooth, without dips ar peaks. Enough airy for most of my music, but some may find them to roll of early.

With their good isolation and comfort I use the AS12 daily to commute.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #48,283 of 63,922
Experience. I put the CP100s on my ZSX and the sound changed drastically for the worse. It was congested and the bass became incredibly bloomy and undefined.

It's not hard to understand why. A speaker nozzle has a given diameter and you're pushing the air through a narrower channel, not much different than making a speaker box with different diameter vents in it (though speakers are situated in one of the walls of the box rather than wholly inside). That's why different diameters exist with such small increments. They're made of rubber, they'll stretch over pretty damn big nozzles, but it'll sound awful.

Smaller tube opening means increased air pressure. It's how a compression driver in horn tweeters work (or things like megaphones for example.) a larger driver behind a smaller opening increases the air pressure, making it more efficient.

You can definitely fit smaller tips on the ZSX if it's flexible enough, I put Sony hybrids on there and they are small nozzles.

BTW have any of you tried spiral dot tips? How do you like them? There are so many sizes idk which one to pick and they are $15 a pair lmao

i see, thanks for explaining it.

i could find a pair for 4.5 USD or 8 USD if i buy two pairs from Shopee or Tokopedia, i dont think they ship worldwide tho.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #48,284 of 63,922
i never did like the spinfits.. the fit is good, no problem there.. but they choked the treble too much for me. and the worse thing is it is not a straight roll off, but like pinching the EQ somewhere in the treble freq that makes me don't use them anymore. the Final Audio tips is a better alternative for that similar nozzle bending solution than the Spinfit

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #48,285 of 63,922
i never did like the spinfits.. the fit is good, no problem there.. but they choked the treble too much for me. and the worse thing is it is not a straight roll off, but like pinching the EQ somewhere in the treble freq that makes me don't use them anymore. the Final Audio tips is a better alternative for that similar nozzle bending solution than the Spinfit
Do the final tips run small? In using a medium Sony hybrid, would that match a medium final tip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back