Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 11, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #47,536 of 63,954
That's a triple win for everyone!!! :point_right::trophy::medal::smile::raised_back_of_hand:

Well I think KZ is the only winner in this situation as they earn a cut no matter who buys what.
But I feel sad for the other companies that get their sales and customer base diluted.
As for consumers, just go to AE and search for the cheapest of the 3 to purchase LOL.

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #47,537 of 63,954
How close do the TFZ No 3 sound to the KXXS? Apparently they sound similar but something about the No 3 sounds really harsh and fatiguing to my ears. I get no fatigue from the ZSX despite the forward sound
I'm the opposite. I find my No.3 too laid back with not enough detail for me. It's a great basshead iem for sure, but it's kinda a one trick pony imho.

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #47,538 of 63,954
I am pretty happy with my BT20 currently, it pairs with the ZS10 and ZS10 Pro very well with no issues.

thanks for this, alright thats what i need to know, I dont need louder sound from BT20 as i never past around 90% volume. I just upgrade when my old BT20 down someday, or any significant upgrade with new model.

so my 2 pin BT20S has just arrived. testing it with the ZS10 Pro, and it has a really low noise/hiss, while on the old BT20 there are no/negligible hiss. both sound similar, although (might be because of the hiss too) the newer BT20S is slightly more recessed in mids, but it might be totally subjective. someone with measuring rig might give a better answer.

i ended up using the BT20S with the Kanas, and the older BT20 with my EM2

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #47,539 of 63,954
I'm the opposite. I find my No.3 too laid back with not enough detail for me. It's a great basshead iem for sure, but it's kinda a one trick pony imho.
I don't think its harsh because it has a lot of detail, it literally just has a harsh tone in the upper midrange that is fatiguing. It's treble is laid back, it is just harsh or sibiliant or something like that, it has nothing to do with resolution or treble forwardness. Like I said the KZ ZSX are not fatiguing to me, even though they have more detail and more forward treble.

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #47,540 of 63,954
so my 2 pin BT20S has just arrived. testing it with the ZS10 Pro, and it has a really low noise/hiss, while on the old BT20 there are no/negligible hiss. both sound similar, although (might be because of the hiss too) the newer BT20S is slightly more recessed in mids, but it might be totally subjective. someone with measuring rig might give a better answer.

The best sounding bluetooth cable that I have tried so far is the KZ new aptxHD, but I don't like their cable design.

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #47,541 of 63,954

That sucks because aptx really helps with audio visual syncing. It probably has a hiss because it is more powerful, to it's fault.

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #47,542 of 63,954
The best sounding bluetooth cable that I have tried so far is the KZ new aptxHD, but I don't like their cable design.
Yeah if it has a cable around the neck, it's not worth it, you might as well just get an es100 and a shorter cable if you want. Things like the bt20s are so cool because it is basically true wireless

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #47,543 of 63,954

is it the neckband ones? i like that form because it usually can connect to two device at the same time, but the added cables (compared to the BT20s) means a discomfort for me, and at that rate i would prefer just go with the ES100 solution instead :sweat_smile:

i choose the BT20s mainly because of convenience and mobility

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #47,544 of 63,954
That sucks because aptx really helps with audio visual syncing. It probably has a hiss because it is more powerful, to it's fault.

yes, although to be fair i haven't run into trouble of latency with the older BT20..but i only watch YouTube or Netflix with it, never play games.

at least now we know that we got option on which to choose based on the amp power requirement for our available IEMs :ksc75smile:

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #47,545 of 63,954
Now that is really really interesting. Has there been a KZ and CCA pair which were identical before now?

It's the first time where they tune exactly the same. usually they have same hardware but slightly different tuning ( CCA C16/KZ AS16 l KZ ZS7 / CCA C10 ) KZ ZS10 PRO / KZ ZS10 l KZ ZSN PRO / CCA CA4)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-3064#post-15073966

There's this post where KZ made some OEM identically tuned IEMs for 3 companies:
Tripowin TP10, the CCA A10, and the KBear KB10
Just the brand name is different.

And the tripowin have bad notes, CCA it's good. It's fun because it's exactly the same thing. Just the faceplate which is different, but because the brand is new, they are trash.

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #47,546 of 63,954

I hate most of neckband Bluetooth cable. They use Qualcomm dac which are crappy. Hiss ( KZ 5.0 have a horrible hiss) , electronic noise, dac quality just correct. I prefer clearly TRN BT20. Bt20S is worst than BT20 on this point too.

I wait macaw cable with a real same integration ( Maxim dac, like in some oppo/Samsung smartphone )

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #47,547 of 63,954
I have both. It's exactly the same thing

Design and tips are different, but they are absolutely identical
So the same thing as the CCAA10 and KBEAR KB10?

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #47,548 of 63,954
Those TRN BT20s are the real deal, I have a pair of the older 20 and the newer 20s and both work great. I thought about getting KZ's BT cable for my ZS10 Pro but I've heard they don't work so well? Plus cables, pfft.

Anyway the KZs go on the BT20 while my iBasso IT03 goes on the 20s, very happy with their performance.

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #47,549 of 63,954
About to order the KZ ZSX from their official Aliexpress store. First time ordering from there for UK. Anyone had any issues?
Also, since I'm hearing a lot about cables - is there something specifically recommended over the default cable for genuine improvement?
Thanks.

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #47,550 of 63,954
About to order the KZ ZSX from their official Aliexpress store. First time ordering from there for UK. Anyone had any issues?
Also, since I'm hearing a lot about cables - is there something specifically recommended over the default cable for genuine improvement?
Thanks.

We order many things from Aliexpress. We use the NiceHCK the most ... good service and fast shipping. We do use other stores as well. This is kind of like using Amazon third party sellers.

If you "follow" the store you will see the fans exclusive discount... price will be around $39

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000104902245.html

Something that I ordered last week is already in the country and I expect I will receive it tomorrow or Saturday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back